Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2008, 10:04   #16
BHPian

how about alibaug. never been there but heard a lot about the place. it has some beaches and is 150 kms from pune.

mulshi-tamini is also a good idea.
Old 21st March 2008, 10:11   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
how about alibaug. never been there but heard a lot about the place. it has some beaches and is 150 kms from pune.

mulshi-tamini is also a good idea.
Alibaug cannot be a one day drive buddy. Once there, you'll see team-bhpians all over the beach with beer bottles and we wouldn't want to return. The journalist will be shaken not stirred.
Old 21st March 2008, 10:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I agree with Suhail. Lets do a late afternoon drive on Sat / Sun? Say around 3:00 pm should be good. No one's come up with dates yet?
3:00 pm will be really hot. Also, will become too long considering dinner as well. Most importantly, I cant get out of office that early

Why not group at Chandni Chowk (No, not the one in Delhi) at around 5:00 pm. Drive to Lavasa, be back by 7:30 ish? These days, we have daylight till aorund 6 :45 pm, so wont get too dark either.

Dinner can be at one of the places on NDA road.
Old 21st March 2008, 12:18   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Cigars and single malt anyone? :-)
Oh you bloody Devil, you!
Old 21st March 2008, 12:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
MF, you know what this means for you na? For the first time in your life you stand the chance of having your mug in a newspaper for some story other than a crime/ obituary/ sexually transmitted disease awareness campaign.
ROFLMAO

Quote:
Anyway, i say lets do a short evening drive followed by our regular meet. . Cigars and single malt anyone? :-)
Cigars & Single Malt at a Team-BHP Meet?? Damn things are getting out of hand!!

P.S. Suhail - Got a big, fat pay raise kya??
Old 21st March 2008, 13:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Oh you bloody Devil, you!
Lol, was wondering what took you so long to react to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
ROFLMAO

Cigars & Single Malt at a Team-BHP Meet?? Damn things are getting out of hand!!

P.S. Suhail - Got a big, fat pay raise kya??
No pay raise, Cigars are courtesy a generous cousin from the U.S who gifted me some lovely hand rolled Cigars

Single malts are Vikram's forte! I try to learn from him and hope to start my own collection soon (read : maaro some bottles of Glenlivet from dad)
Old 21st March 2008, 14:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Drive to Lavasa, be back by 7:30 ish? These days, we have daylight till aorund 6 :45 pm, so wont get too dark either.

Dinner can be at one of the places on NDA road.
well if the drive is to be short then Lavasa fits the bill perfectly, followed by dinner say at Oasis or any place on NDA road.
Hopefully something would come up tonight. Shrivz and Amey's last year exams are round the corner so it has to be planned accordingly

Last edited by dhaval : 21st March 2008 at 14:10.
Old 21st March 2008, 14:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Someone talked about Tamini ghat?

I drove there last month, while coming back from Mahad. The raod was great, infact I was pretty surprised. However, I guess when I was about 70-80km away from Pune, there was a board that Mumbai area limits ends or something, and after that the bad patch started. Which went on for pretty long.
Old 21st March 2008, 14:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
Shrivz and Amey's last year exams are round the corner so it has to be planned accordingly
That's the last Vat you need to worry about my friend . There's a different 69 that you should be concerned about
Old 21st March 2008, 15:03   #25
BHPian

Quote:
All the best!

MF, you know what this means for you na? For the first time in your life you stand the chance of having your mug in a newspaper for some story other than a crime/ obituary/ sexually transmitted disease awareness campaign.
Errr... Why do you think a certain picture from our Goa trip is blurred deliberately and we beat a hasty retreat from Goa and drove back in 7 hrs flat??? Haven't you been reading the papers lately Ajay Bhai?
Old 21st March 2008, 15:06   #26
BHPian

Quote:
That's the last Vat you need to worry about my friend . There's a different 69 that you should be concerned about
Of course he would be worried Vikram, his two favourite people both out of commission! What is poor Dhavlee going to do?

Anyway, thats why Dhaval bought that bottle of VAT 69 in Goa, which he has generously promised to share with all of us at the next meet! Looking forward to that Dhaval.

Back to the topic: Tentative date for the drive/dinner meet is next Sunday. Is this OK with everyone? Gives us plenty of time to detox and practice actually talking about cars at a meet!
Old 21st March 2008, 15:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Errr... Why do you think a certain picture from our Goa trip is blurred deliberately and we beat a hasty retreat from Goa and drove back in 7 hrs flat??? Haven't you been reading the papers lately Ajay Bhai?
Yeah, but MF is usually incapable of even lifting his finger after a few drinks, so I ruled out his involvement.
Old 21st March 2008, 15:54   #28
BHPian

Okay that Vat 69 from Goa is a history now.. and i shouldn't be worried about someone having the old monk in hot water tub.
Whenever the maddest of the meets happen to take place (read: at some ones' house)the Vat will be brought in for you too Vikfeni

Coming back to the topic: yea sunday should be fine, though saturdays much better. Anyways i am with the majority.
Old 21st March 2008, 16:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, but MF is usually incapable of even lifting his finger after a few drinks, so I ruled out his involvement.

[quote=dhaval;766751]
Quote:
Okay that Vat 69 from Goa is a history now..
Well, a promise is a promise. Since the Vat 69 is gone, I'm sure I speak for atleast Vikram and me, we'll be fine with a bottle of Glenlivet. Chal, we'll let you off easy, one of those bottles of Black label from your bar that you've been ranting about for over a year should do.

Quote:
and i shouldn't be worried about someone having the old monk in hot water tub.
You should be VERY worried

Quote:
Whenever the maddest of the meets happen to take place (read: at some ones' house)the Vat will be brought in for you too Vikfeni
Poor Vikram, I'm sure he's already had a bottle of Feni after reading this
Old 21st March 2008, 16:28   #30
BHPian

Guys, getting back on topic - Please make it a Sunday drive !

Saturday is labour payment day on my site so cant even step out for a smoke !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks