Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:12   #166
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
PS: I even witnessed an accident between two red buses on the way to the Airport. Both were right in front of us, they both took off from the bus stop, the first one slowed down, the second one didn't. Our driver was sharp enough to brake and avoided joining the party, we managed to slip past without any delay. Don't think anybody was hurt. But what a mess, an accident at 30kmph.
Welcome to Kerala
Old 2nd April 2008, 10:00   #167
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Everyone Seems To Be Planning Big. I Also Wanna Come But I Don't Have Much Money On Me(Currenly Jobless,My Girlfriend Pays My Phone Bills)

how bout a get together and we will have a grand meal at some Thattu Kada with some Kattan Chaya.

How Bout that ? any place the senior BHPians say...
we dont usually plan big, most of the time, the meets are informal sessions of engine and suspension setup discussions at the vallarpadom waterfront. just that, these days with the introductory rates on karting running, its difficult to do anything other than karting.

@samurai- who you calling petrified?
its only my self imposed speed limit of 120kmph that did me in! but i must admit, the safari dicor is waaaay faster than I expected. and it deals with rough roads much better than my hatchback.

the airport road can be dangerous.
on the day of the meet,
I had to take a U-turn on that road, and finding no safe place to do it, went around the roundabout with my indicators giving all the right signals. as i was going past the 3rd exit and toward the 4th(which would have completed the U turn), 2 amby taxis that were following me initially, decided to skip the roundabout completely and just turn right and into my path.

i manged to swerve away while indicating what i thought of them with appropriate gestures.
the taxis were'nt so lucky. the lead taxi braked and the 2nd taxi which was tailgating it rear ended the 1st idiot.

should i have just done what they did and cut the roundabout ?or was it wrong to have followed the rules? or did i get the rules wrong?

Last edited by rippergeo : 2nd April 2008 at 10:09.

Old 2nd April 2008, 10:05   #168
Senior - BHPian

APril Fools Meet in Cochin.

Am sleepy ! Someone continue the story,
BTW : MR.Hydra came in late so as a punishment we are not posting any of his pics .
Attached Thumbnails
April 2008 Cochin - 4 days of meets and 1 great drive!-1.jpg  

April 2008 Cochin - 4 days of meets and 1 great drive!-2.jpg  

April 2008 Cochin - 4 days of meets and 1 great drive!-3.jpg  

April 2008 Cochin - 4 days of meets and 1 great drive!-4.jpg  

April 2008 Cochin - 4 days of meets and 1 great drive!-5.jpg  

April 2008 Cochin - 4 days of meets and 1 great drive!-6.jpg  

April 2008 Cochin - 4 days of meets and 1 great drive!-7.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2008, 10:35   #169
BHPian

wow what a meet.....having all the essence of team-bhpians...
drive, trek, food...etc etc
steer when are you back in dxb??
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:26   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
steer when are you back in dxb??
I AM back in Dubai .
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:28   #171
Senior - BHPian

Wonderfull team convention guys.Good photos and wonderful write up.Enjoyed the karting pics steer.
ram
Old 2nd April 2008, 13:55   #172
Senior - BHPian

I am shocked

You guys eat the pizza's with a fork and a knife ? What's wrong with you fellows ?? USE YOUR HANDS - get them dirty. At least I do and enjoy eating pizza that way.
Old 2nd April 2008, 14:02   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I am shocked

You guys eat the pizza's with a fork and a knife ? What's wrong with you fellows ?? USE YOUR HANDS - get them dirty. At least I do and enjoy eating pizza that way.
dont want slippery hands when they start another drive which can be anytime.
Old 2nd April 2008, 14:07   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am shocked

Read my signature. Like JK says, a drive can happen anytime
Old 2nd April 2008, 14:57   #175
rippergeo

Steer
We Torque, We Drive.
Team BHP Cochin

hey steer, you have'nt copyrighted that signature have you? dont want to be hauled up IP rights infringement

there should be some way of putting up the official teamBHP cochin soundtrack too.

Old 2nd April 2008, 15:05   #176
Senior - BHPian

Did you chaps from Kochi set a record ?
Old 2nd April 2008, 16:29   #177
BHPian

well i guess we did .. a 4 day meet marathon! is it the record people?! senior memebers and moderators please validate this!

i had suggested this convention to be extended till the one week period but then i received a slection fo choice words from several other members and hence withdrew my idea! all in all it has been one SOLID weekend and more! a variety of events, dotted with several guests and covering all types of meet options such as a drive, karting, dinners, breakfasts, coffee, some offroading, some trekking some racing, some drifting, some exotic ICE Tea shops and much more!

ummm .. so whens the next meet?
Old 2nd April 2008, 16:55   #178
BANNED

Quote:
You guys eat the pizza's with a fork and a knife ? What's wrong with you fellows ?? USE YOUR HANDS
Atleast I do! And my car steering doesn't get dirty too. (Steer knows what I do for that). LOL!

This weekend is getting more and more interesting. Now, it has become almost mid midweek.

That Pizza man really lost himself when he came to know that we aren't going to pay him. I offered him our cams and watches while we go and get money from the office.
Old 2nd April 2008, 17:47   #179
BHPian

my theory for the eating pizza with the fork and knife would be to make it last longer if i eat with my hand the pizza helpings would be but bite sizes !! hehe

@Zak .. not many people know what the Pizza Hut story is!

i start from the beginning. I was in Fort Cochin having coffee with a few friends when i received the message from Zak about meeting Maxbhp .. i got the venue details and headed toward Pizza hut .. there i was received by nikkibike speedzak and maxbhp .. we shifted to a bigger table and while waiting for the rest of the people to show up we joined in to sing happy birthday for a girl at an adjacent table. amidst all that noise kphilip and jake arrived .. we proceeded with the food and in came aha! with his friend. after the meal we all left the place and proceeded to wait outside while Zak confessed to our waiter that none of us had money to pay the bill. he went on to call the manager to whom Zak confided the same. Having established that we were regular customers and would definitely pay up the next time we visited the manager was not ready to consent. he was like "the whole amount??" .. you should have seen his face!! the guy was all tensed and sweaty and out of breath. then Zak called all of us in to come to an ultimatum about our bill settlement. the manager was looking as bewildered as ever. and then we all shouted "April Fool! the guy was relieved to say the least. he started breathing and dint accept the fact that he got fooled but eventually did! hehe ..have a look at the last pic on post #168 - Zak in Bakra mode with an unidentified guy in the blue shirt and cheesy smile(the manager at the pizza hut)!!
Old 2nd April 2008, 17:57   #180
rippergeo

Boy! after what ashvin just narrated, I'm kinda glad i missed day 4 of the convention. I'm too thin skinned for stuff like this.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks