Team-BHP - Chennai Team-BHP Meets
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Team-BHP Meet Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/)
-   -   Chennai Team-BHP Meets (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/37526-chennai-team-bhp-meets-101.html)

so is there a date confirmed ? Have we freezed on Oct 2-4 ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pras.oct25 (Post 1501222)
Thats what we said the other day as well. In the end we all ended up paying for that-fish-that-could-have-swallowed-a-chicken-whole. :D

Dont remind me of that fish.. Still have nightmares. It looked scary. Period

@ Neo next weekend seems fine.. let the votes flow in..

October 2nd - 4th

1. P_H

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrol_head (Post 1501236)
Dont remind me of that fish.. Still have nightmares. It looked scary. Period

Ha ha.. Yeah I'm sure you do.

I'm in too.

1. P_H
2. P.O25 :D

Preferred - September 26-28th

Well if we're pooling cars I'm bagging a chance to drive at some point for sure!

Yes being a holiday weekend the ECR will be crowded and Pondy hotels kinda full. We'll have to book ahead I suppose.

My folks are coming to town on Oct 2 so overnight of Oct 3 is the best date for me...

1. P_H
2. P.O25
3. P(erakath)

Question- if its Pondi, why do we need 3 days? Why not 3rd Oct, back on the 4th??!

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrol_head (Post 1500630)
seems like pondy stands to claim majority. everyone from the yelagiri list is ok with pondy as well but for riju. Now riju , if the KL reg seems to be the problem, you might as well leave the car behind and ride with one of us.

Vijay, Well I can, but the "Drive" part will be missing.
I'm in for the drive part more than the "other factors of pondy" :)

Still thinking about it buddy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 1500943)
:Frustrati No cars, no long drives, is not worth a TBHP meet guys., well atleast for moi.

We can pool cars. But some of us really do care about how we get there.
So without the car to drive there is no real driving factor that makes me wanna go for the drive in the first place.

As of now, I stand undecided.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yzfrj (Post 1501925)
We can pool cars. But some of us really do care about how we get there.
So without the car to drive there is no real driving factor that makes me wanna go for the drive in the first place.

I know what you mean... but why not take your own car, even if we are pooling? Have you had a bad experience with the Pondy police before or something? Why should a KL license plate deter you? You don't need an "NOC" or anything like that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perakath (Post 1501945)
I know what you mean... but why not take your own car, even if we are pooling? Have you had a bad experience with the Pondy police before or something? Why should a KL license plate deter you? You don't need an "NOC" or anything like that...

All the encounters with cops in and around chennai was always horrible.
Be it KL or TN registration.

You are right NOC and all that is really not required, but from my past experience I don't fancy arguing with some cop.

Having experienced the way Chennai cops behave when I went back to my home last week I was seriously thinking cops back home should be St. Cops.

To tell you the truth 200-300 is enough to silence the loud mouth cop.
But giving bribe and getting things done is not just right and every time I had my wife/sister/nephew in the car the cops will make sure the fine he impose is higher. Just so that I'll pay up a higher amount as bribe and get on my way soon. Cops back home just don't harass people like that.

2 weeks back driving down OMR, there was a routing checking.
One bike guy with a lady sitting pillion was waved down by a cop.
The bike guys view was blocked by the car in front.
The cop jumped right in front of the bike guy, who seeing the cop in front suddenly braked and was clearly confused.

The next thing the cop did was to give a whack on the helmet and catch him by the shirt. The cop has some serious mental issues to do that to a guy who has a lady sitting pillion on a 2 wheeler on the middle of the road with 3-4 car right behind him.

For heavens sake the guy is not running guns or drugs.
He is just a family guy on a 2 wheeler who was not speeding and at the time was in the slow lane stupid enough to wear a helmet.

Phoenix for once you seem right. October 3rd and 4th

1. P_H
2. P.O25
3. P(erakath)

Oct 3rd-4th Pondy

1. P_H
2. P.O25
3. P(erakath)
4. Vdiatech (I will make it a day trip for myself and headback. I have some client meetings in Mumbai-Pune on 6th and 7th)( thanks Bakiya for the offer ! )

hi friends,

seems a lot of activity happening. was not following the thread regularly. looks like you guys are planning something for the next week end.

vijay / nitrous , if It is not a bother can one of you pl sms me the programme of the meet when it happens so that I can join you guys.

Kindly confirm by the earliest as Nitrous would block the rooms in that case. Availability of rooms is an issue over the weekends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrol_head (Post 1502846)
Kindly confirm by the earliest as Nitrous would block the rooms in that case. Availability of rooms is an issue over the weekends.

vijay, kindly let me know the plan, when are we leaving?

I got to know of a secret meet in Mayajaal today... :D