Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2008, 21:42   #736
Senior - BHPian

supremebaleno, mail4ajo, slipstream are some members in that area. try PM them.
Old 21st December 2008, 06:51   #737
Senior - BHPian

so is the meet still on?
Old 21st December 2008, 07:34   #738
Senior - BHPian

The meet is ON!

Ciao
Old 21st December 2008, 10:59   #739
Senior - BHPian

And the meet happened.

Just back from a nice morning meet - I don't remember the last time I was up so early on a Sunday.

A brief meet report :

Sat (20-Dec-08) :
Get an SMS from headers informing about meeting up at 8AM at Elliot's beach to be followed by breakfast at Murugan Idli. Reply confirming my presence.

Sun (21-Dec-08) :

6:30AM - The alarm goes off. I hit snooze and go back to sleep. Comes on again after 5 mins - another snooze. Start wondering why I set an alarm for a Sunday morning - remember the meet.

Feel like SMS-ing headers, saying I wanna sleep. But decide against it an drag myself out of bed. A cup of hot filter-coffee and I am raring to be @ the beach.

Get ready and drive to the beach - at Kotturpuram, get a call from vikram - tell him I am on the way. He is the only guy there at 8AM and poor guy must have been wondering if it will be only him at the meet.

Reach the beach at 8:15AM and see the Gypsy parked there, with our man reading the newspaper inside. Park alongside and while we are chatting, one guy comes along and tells headers, "You have got a nicely done Gypsy". Must have made vikram's day.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 21st December 2008 at 11:06.
Old 21st December 2008, 11:05   #740
BHPian

Yup!!!!

Small one!! but ya was nice!!
Old 21st December 2008, 11:25   #741
Senior - BHPian

Meet report continues...

While the guy is asking headers about what all his Gypsy has, madan9876 comes along in a nice machine.

Our man is not content with just 4/5 gears in his ride - so he went along and picked up one with 24 gears.

And wait, the goodies on his ride don't stop there. He has paddle-shifts (4 paddles), both front and rear disc brakes, detachable light fixtures, a portable air compressor, a nifty container for radiator fluid (not for the machine, but for the man), etc etc - the list goes on. Unfortunately, I had left my camera in Kerala - so will have to wait for pictures from headers' phone-cam - hope they came out good.

Then we are joined by ram.west in his Safari 2.2. We chat for a while and decide that no one else is going to turn up. So we walk to Murugan Idly and have a sumptous breakfast - idlis, vadais, dosais, chakkarai-pongal - all this wached down with filter-coffee.

To follow (workout at the beach, drag racing on beach road etc). Stay tuned, while I get some work done.
Old 21st December 2008, 11:28   #742
Senior - BHPian

Travellogue to Besant Nagar Beach :)

Ha ha, a small and nice meet attended by Madan80.0000, SB, Ram.west and Me.

The start attraction was the 24 speed bike! And I leave the guys who did not attend the meet to guess the make!

BTW, was there at B.Beach at 8AM to find that I'm the first to be there. Call up Madan80 who promptly did not answer after waking me up the morning to confirm the meet today!

Cursed him as always, and called up SB who was at Kotturpuram and on the way.

Well, SB made it in another 10 minutes in his spanking new baleno and parks besides.

Then comes the hero of the day in his spanking new bike! - SB just spilled the beans! Oops

we were joined by Ram.west in a few minutes and guess that was 100% attendance from the guys who confirmed.

We talk cars, then decide to walk upto Murugan Idly Shop for Breakfast by 9AM.

Heres some pics:

Last edited by headers : 21st December 2008 at 11:29.
Old 21st December 2008, 11:43   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
And I leave the guys who did not attend the meet to guess the make!
And while you are at it, try guessing the cost. I was floored hearing the price.
Old 21st December 2008, 12:17   #744
Senior - BHPian

damn overslept :( post pics please
Old 21st December 2008, 13:36   #745
Senior - BHPian

Sorry fellas. Had a Madagascar 2 commitment at Satyam.
Glad you had fun and checked out Chennai Cycing club president's ride.
Old 21st December 2008, 13:48   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
Heres some pics:
Where ???

OK, breakfast done, we walk back to the other end of the beach, where we had left our cars. And then we are witness to a drag race - two autorickshaws dragging on Beach road, one on each lane. Not sure if headers managed to get a picture of dragging autos.

As we continue walking, a guy on a bike stops alongside us. We assume he is looking for directions to some place. But he is briefing us about some free camp taking place in the vicinity, where they measure the fat in your body from head to toe. I am laughing inside, but control it till the guy leaves.

As soon as he leaves, madan has only one question, "Shall I hit him ?"

madan98.3 is feeling guilty for having had a heavy breakfast and I think it would be just right to make him do a small workout. Yesterday evening, I was trying to do a 4-wheel rotation of the tyres of my Baleno. Removing the first tyre was easy, but I was unable to unscrew 2 nuts of the 2nd tyre. After trying for quite some time gave up.

So, got out the wheel spanner and madan set to work. He managed to unscrew one of the problem nuts, but the other one just refused to budge. Finally when our man stood on the spanner, I thought the nut came loose, but what happened was that the spanner chipped.

P.S. : For those not aware, Chennai has a thriving autorickshaw modding community and there are regular drag races on the ECR etc - illegal ofcourse. Prizes are usually the vehicle itself - ie. winner takes the loser's ride.
Old 21st December 2008, 14:03   #747
BHPian

Headers, just saw your call. I slept at around 2am and woke up sometime back. I would have been late even if there was a lunch meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
P.S. : For those not aware, Chennai has a thriving autorickshaw modding community and there are regular drag races on the ECR etc - illegal ofcourse. Prizes are usually the vehicle itself - ie. winner takes the loser's ride.
It goes on from the loser's ride to the loser's index finger ( or thumb) .
Old 21st December 2008, 15:16   #748
BHPian

Hey guys

Good that you all had a small meet today morning !! I woke up only by 9am today and had some discussion to be done with the carpenter for our new house at Madipakkam. So had to rush there by 11am after gulping down some quick breakfast - lovely home made veg oothappams and coconut chutney - made by my mom. Yummy.

Only managed to log on just now after a sooper heavy lunch and saw all your messages on page 49 and 50. Regret having been unable to make it. Small meets like these are fun too and have their own charm.

Please do post the photos guys.

Let us plan another small meet like this sometime soon. I shall definitely join.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 21st December 2008, 16:30   #749
BHPian

Could someone give me the exact route to goto Vedanthangal bird sanctuary After I pass Maramalai Nagar. Would be visiting there at 7 am tomorrow morning.
Old 21st December 2008, 18:26   #750
Senior - BHPian

Chennai Team-BHP Meets-image0069.jpg

The 3 Tbhpians who attended the meet excluding me!

Chennai Team-BHP Meets-image0071.jpg

Madan79.99 : The ready to pounce look

Chennai Team-BHP Meets-image0065.jpg

Madan, very happy that my gypsy can be used to transport his bike!

Chennai Team-BHP Meets-image0073.jpg

Thats Ram.west [Ramesh] and me!

Chennai Team-BHP Meets-image0076.jpg
The 3 beauties
Attached Thumbnails
Chennai Team-BHP Meets-image0083.jpg  

Chennai Team-BHP Meets-image0085.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks