Team-BHP - Chennai Team-BHP Meets
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Team-BHP Meet Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/)
-   -   Chennai Team-BHP Meets (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/37526-chennai-team-bhp-meets-7.html)

@E_L, yes sort of.(as far as cops concerned)
As I mentioned in the other thread that this week is "no-personal-vehicle" week, i am not using my vehicle this week. I feel that my decision has helped me in some way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 780713)
Can i hitch a ride with you John? Dont want to drink and drive. :)

Looking fwd to see you Aditya ... :) Its been a while

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandtheleo (Post 775262)
I have been to the Tirusulam hills, but I have gone on a bike and not on a car. The view from the top is fabulous. Many shootings(TV & film) and also the other variety:) takes place there. There is a govt. signal station on top and nobody's allowed there. But on the other side there is a huge banyan tree and some ruins on top and a good view of the whole city. The view is better than St.Thomas mount view as this hill is taller.

I particularly liked seeing the GST road, airport runway and the railway line on the same parallels. But sometimes people are not allowed to go on top by the police, esp if some crime had taken place recently.

My last visit to the place was 4-5 years back, so don't know the status now.

Regarding the dates, I am game for April 5-6.

Anand.S

Trisulam is closed for public now. It was closed almost 4 years back. The view is fantastic and its a great place to just chill... we used to go threre from college and the last time i went there was in late 2003. After that I was told that it is closed.
:(

Its quite an incline for vehicles.

I just saw this thread - im game for the 6th (tentativly! )
Also -what is the final plan? Is it Drive - F1 - Drink? or F1 - Drive - Drink or anything else?

And at Residency or Benzz park or the "private bar in RK Salai" ...

I think we should look at benz park as they have a big projector- and at 445 there might not be issues with the parking- because i wonder who else will be there at that time? (also - the chicken tikkas are very nice there! :) )

Quote:

Originally Posted by madan80 (Post 781127)
the last time i went there was in late 2003. After that I was told that it is closed.
:(

The locals generally bull around..i've been there some months back.,.roads bad and the local question you..thats why i sugessted St. Thomas Mt.

Quote:

Its quite an incline for vehicles.

Yeah..i still remember my hero puch days doing it in second gear in doubles..until the hairpin bend!

Quote:

I just saw this thread - im game for the 6th (tentativly! )

- Welcome
Quote:

And at Residency or Benzz park or the "private bar in RK Salai" ...

The private bar in RK salai is not available for this weekend :( Also, I'm told they dont allow stags
:Shockked:
Quote:

I think we should look at benz park as they have a big projector- and at 445 there might not be issues with the parking- because i wonder who else will be there at that time? (also - the chicken tikkas are very nice there! :) )

Residency is better than Benz Park IMO and has better ambience!

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoranjit (Post 780988)
Looking fwd to see you Aditya ... Its been a while

Thank you neo. Its been a long time since I've met most of you. Missed the big meet last time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 780808)
Yeah, i never drink & drive, that is why aditya trusts me more than himself. :D

@aditya... you can count on me. :)

Same here E_L, if its ok with you, me and arun would like to join you at your place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 781195)
The locals generally bull around..i've been there some months back.,.roads bad and the local question you..thats why i sugessted St. Thomas Mt.

Yeah..i still remember my hero puch days doing it in second gear in doubles..until the hairpin bend!

- Welcome

The private bar in RK salai is not available for this weekend :( Also, I'm told they dont allow stags
:Shockked:

Residency is better than Benz Park IMO and has better ambience!

Whats with the quoting me verbatim? :deadhorse eh? lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 778870)
Great to have another jeeper in the gang. Welcome blueleader.

Thanks Esteem_lover. Good to be here!

Guys,

Posting the POA again, so it can be confirmed and it is easily accessible :)

1. 2.00 PM. Rendezvous at Woodlands, chitter chatter
2. 4.00 PM Get to Residency/Benz Park (not yet confirmed) for the F1
3. 7.00 PM Drive to St. Thomas Mount (maybe some off-roading ? ).

Have a great meet !!! and as usual, take a lot of pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder (Post 782178)
Guys,

Posting the POA again, so it can be confirmed and it is easily accessible :)

1. 2.00 PM. Rendezvous at Woodlands, chitter chatter
2. 4.00 PM Get to Residency/Benz Park (not yet confirmed) for the F1
3. 7.00 PM Drive to St. Thomas Mount (maybe some off-roading ? ).

Have a great meet !!! and as usual, take a lot of pics.

I thought..we drive to st. thomas mt during the day..? There are no off roading possibility there as it comes under a restricted area..

then we drive to st. thomas mt from woodlands and then go for F1..

Else why not meet in the morning? EL? What say? I dont wanna miss F1 at any cost..and so does Nitrous, Arjun etc.. so guys, ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 782207)
I thought..we drive to st. thomas mt during the day..? ...

exactly the reason why i re-posted the POA :) : there have been many changes on the way, and everyone is not clear on the agenda .

Hope it helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder (Post 782275)
exactly the reason why i re-posted the POA :) : there have been many changes on the way, and everyone is not clear on the agenda .

Hope it helps.

then..i'd like to suggest the following:

1. Meet @ 10am @ woodlands drivein..10:00 - 10:30 meet and discuss cars

2. 10:40 leave for St. Thomas Mt. [Goto church on reaching there] say around 11:20

3. Meet discuss everything under the sun including photoshoot by our expert photographers.

4. Go for Lunch / depart and meet else where for F1.

Atleast all of us can view each others vehicles / cars / gadgets during day without the pressure of f1.

All mad F1 caps [including moi] could always meet up in some nice lounge with a drink for F1 in the evening.

OrganRisers..what say??

We'll ask them to change the F1 to sunday morning since we have C-Bhpians meet in the evening lol:

Morning will be difficult for me. If it's evening, count me in.

Edit: I think st.thomas mount is not open all day. Not sure. And sunday morning it will be crowded because of the mass.

Looks like we are back to square one a.k.a. chaos. :)

While I like the morning drive idea (almost nil traffic), can't make it this Sunday morning, due to something else planned long ago.

How about meeting at WDI @ 2PM, drive out to St.Thomas Mount, spend some time, drive to the hotel, watch F1 ? That way you get both the drive and the F1 and it would take only a half day (family guys might not be able to get permission for a full day out with the guys).:)

P.S. : St. Thomas Mt. is open all day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 782512)
Looks like we are back to square one a.k.a. chaos. :)

While I like the morning drive idea (almost nil traffic), can't make it this Sunday morning, due to something else planned long ago.

How about meeting at WDI @ 2PM, drive out to St.Thomas Mount, spend some time, drive to the hotel, watch F1 ? That way you get both the drive and the F1 and it would take only a half day (family guys might not be able to get permission for a full day out with the guys).:)

P.S. : St. Thomas Mt. is open all day.

I like that. Moreover, it is too late to make any drastic changes in plans. vikram, we will make sure we are nested in a cosy place before the start of the race.