Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 01:09   #1426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Fiery enzyme with his baleno (though he was heading in the wrong direction)
I did not expect to be counted. Great.

Quote:
Nitrous I'm quite serious. Your esteem was pulling away from my verna like crazy on the OMR. I was flooring her and she still was no match for the kind of pull your car was generating. Vijay put it down to your gear box and that you were able to shift up faster.
Damn looks like I missed some serious fun this time. Not for long guys.

Quote:
@hellstar - if not this weekend, then will you be there for our proposed yellagiri drive for the 2nd/3rd/4th weekend? I'm dying to give that petes box a go! Please put up this proposed plan on the bangalore meet thread too.
Is this for real? Solluvayillai.
Old 23rd September 2009, 01:17   #1427
Senior - BHPian

Ah! The infamous "stock mistress vs the rest" debate

Yelagiri? 2nd~4th? When/ who was planning to update us poor people who werent there for the impromptu "meat"?!!
Old 23rd September 2009, 07:49   #1428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
You're still part of the meet even though we bumped into you and your new track machine.

Achtung,fellas! The Race official has acquired a black swift to blitz past us on the track.
Nitrous, where was I and why you did not even inform me. drag ? Bad boy!

Madan, Congrats on your acquistion, I saw Elenor is getting a face lift too. Whats up?

Quote:
Nitrous I'm quite serious. Your esteem was pulling away from my verna like crazy on the OMR. I was flooring her and she still was no match for the kind of pull your car was generating. Vijay put it down to your gear box and that you were able to shift up faster.
That engine can rev upto 6000 rpm unlike the verna boy! And maybe that was a practice run by Nitrous in his face lifted Mistress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Ah! The infamous "stock mistress vs the rest" debate
And looks like some of us were not in the loop

So what did you guys actually do?

Last edited by headers : 23rd September 2009 at 07:52.
Old 23rd September 2009, 08:00   #1429
BHPian

Ok to update you guys:
1) There was no pre declared drag race. It was just me trying to catch up to nitrous on a relatively empty OMR stretch.

2) Fiery enzyme I guess you deserved a mention since you were a part of the trip plans. Unfortunate that you couldnt make it.

3) Phoenix, avoid this "meat" talk because vijay and I are 'naan' veg.

4) This yelagiri drive was just a discussion that came up between me and hellstar when we met up at Ignite on saturday. I said something like, "anoop, lets do something during the long weekend. How about a bangalore drive. I wanna go to nandi!". and anoop was like "Sure. But how about we get those guys to come down to yelagiri and we guys can drive up from here". and I was like "hey, that sounds great. lets pitch the idea to the rest of the guys". And that is the story behind our tentative yelagiri plan. So as phoenix puts it, who is game??
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:58   #1430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
hellstar, when would you be leaving to Bangalore? I too have a plan to drive down to blore in my baleno.
Also want to feast on some good chicken biriyanis at vellore?
friday night i believe and hey by the time i cross vellore all shops would be shut for sure.

between i never knew that vellore was famous for biriyanis. Are there any shop name you can refer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
PS: Pras.oct25: Thanks for being modest,man. I don't know where I'm gonna find 25bhp from the 1.3 petrol to even equal your stock 110bhp CRDi. And then, you talk about Peter-in-the-box which will bump you to 130bhp.
:
all these figure mean nothing if you have a talented driver behind the wheels man and , well you know that better nitrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
I did not expect to be counted. Great.
well thats the entire spirit of the meets.

Quote:

3) Phoenix, avoid this "meat" talk because vijay and I are 'naan' veg.
meat heavenly meat ! how can you say no to meat !

Quote:
This yelagiri drive was just a discussion that came up between me and hellstar when we met up at Ignite on saturday. I said something like, "anoop, lets do something during the long weekend. How about a bangalore drive. I wanna go to nandi!". and anoop was like "Sure. But how about we get those guys to come down to yelagiri and we guys can drive up from here". and I was like "hey, that sounds great. lets pitch the idea to the rest of the guys". And that is the story behind our tentative yelagiri plan. So as phoenix puts it, who is game??
the drive to nandi is really something which cannot be recreated anywhere else the short lovely drive and the mist and cold winds that await you at Nandi is just too good , and the clean air brings out the best in both men and machines. yelagiri is the nearest you can get to the same kind of feeling

Last edited by hellstar : 23rd September 2009 at 10:05.
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:17   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
friday night i believe and hey by the time i cross vellore all shops would be shut for sure.

between i never knew that vellore was famous for biriyanis. Are there any shop name you can refer ?
Sorry, somewhere near vellore, as mentioned by Perakath it should be ambur.. I never stopped till now for a biriyani since I am not aware of a good place. I stick to vegetarian at the saravana bhavan when driving down from Bangalore.

It is based on hear and say that the biriyani is good. Nowadays don't have much choice near my office in Chennai, used to eat biriyani everyday for lunch when I was working in electronic city.

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 23rd September 2009 at 10:19.
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:59   #1432
BHPian

yelagiri... sounds gud...

you can add petrol head and the 1600 rocam to the list.
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:14   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
all these figure mean nothing if you have a talented driver behind the wheels man and , well you know that better nitrous.
Hellstar - are you saying I'm not talented?
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:20   #1434
Senior - BHPian

I repeat Vikram's question. Why was I kept out of the loop too ? Maybe this meat was only for the youths of chennai ? Or maybe you feared the storm & the carb esteem ?
Anyway, looks like you guys enjoyed a good dinner and finally Mr.Bean got to do what his signature says. LOL

Quote:
Why is nitrous being so much buttered ? Are the Hyundai CRDis planning on roasting him sometime ?
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:57   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I repeat Vikram's question. Why was I kept out of the loop too ? Maybe this meat was only for the youths of chennai ? Or maybe you feared the storm & the carb esteem ?
Anyway, looks like you guys enjoyed a good dinner and finally Mr.Bean got to do what his signature says. LOL
Dude I tried to reach you last weekend, I guess you are not using that number nowadays. The meet was good but one of the dish (first one we ordered) had caused big trouble for me on Monday & my tummy is yet to settle down.

Would like to checkout your car next time we meet, between I brought a baleno but did not take it for the ride as we decided to go with Nitrous in his stock esteem
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:55   #1436
BHPian

@phoenix - when your deciding this saturday's meeting point, any place where we can watch the india pak match on big screen? And I suppose such a place will require some kind of reservation?
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:41   #1437
Senior - BHPian

C'mon guys!!, dont newbies deserve to be even informed about the meet (forget inviting) ?

Chill out ppl; Kiddin. Seems you guys had a good outing
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:43   #1438
Senior - BHPian

An invite for me as well please! I will be driving back from Bangalore on Saturday morning/afternoon times...
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:05   #1439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hellstar - are you saying I'm not talented?
I did not say that you are not talented i just said that sometimes it take more than just flooring the pedal to pull away.

Quote:

Why is nitrous being so much buttered ? Are the Hyundai CRDis planning on roasting him sometime ?
yeah something like that, was being planned but being the budgetminded guys we CRDI'ians are, we realized that this was not a cost effective option as we will need too much butter to get this done completely to our satisfaction.
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:51   #1440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
C'mon guys!!, dont newbies deserve to be even informed about the meet (forget inviting) ?

Nitrous, where are you? Hope you will not let us down next time!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks