Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
(I can be a teetotaler too...!)
Really?
You dont want to end up on top of that tree if otherwise
Old 30th September 2009, 09:58   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I have an alternate plan, but it will work well only for the teetotaler tribe(which btw is growing in number like you wont believe).
Please spell it out man, we are all ears! I am not a confirmed teetotaler, but will strictly be one for in-city meets. And I can't move out this week-end. Also a few Bhpians around my area opined they will also join in if it is a normal kind of place - read no you-know-what and only veg.
Old 30th September 2009, 10:15   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Also a few Bhpians around my area opined they will also join in if it is a normal kind of place - read no you-know-what and only veg.
Goodness. That's very far from 'normal' in my book

Anyhow, that 750/2 per person per night in Pondy option sounds good!

I may be going to Pondicherry for different reasons this weekend anyway. If so, will try and coordinate with the TBHP trip as well somehow. Can confirm by tonight/tomorrow.
Old 30th September 2009, 10:15   #1534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I have an alternate plan, but it will work well only for the teetotaler tribe(which btw is growing in number like you wont believe).
Don't tell me we are going to meet at the local nair kada & have chai. Is this what T-BHP meets have come to ?
Old 30th September 2009, 10:17   #1535
BHPian

The idea of a meet is to enjoy the long drive & have some good food (includes veg and non-veg) & a drink (all fruits juice & mocktails ), now a meet at a saravana bhavan and sticking to veg food definitely beats the idea.
Old 30th September 2009, 10:27   #1536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Nitrous, da man, whats the alternative plan? And how and why do you think it will work only for Ts ? Are you are biased in your views.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Don't tell me we are going to meet at the local nair kada & have chai. Is this what T-BHP meets have come to ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
The idea of a meet is to enjoy the long drive & have some good food (includes veg and non-veg) & a drink (all fruits juice & mocktails ), now a meet at a saravana bhavan and sticking to veg food definitely beats the idea.
There is a Saravana Bhavan in our area.

Also some exotics where one can see beauties of different kinds. [Read as Citi Centre as well as a place close by where one can spot exotic cars]

BTW, that Vintage car is still there!!

People coming from Annanagar and beyond will definitely have a long drive too.

Last edited by headers : 30th September 2009 at 10:28.
Old 30th September 2009, 10:31   #1537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post

What I mean is let us have one meet like this - and one "normal" meet - alternatively. There are Bhpians who will strictly avoid the second type of meets, and will never get to attend a meet. So everyone will get to know everyone else! The first type can even be family meets and the second stag ones!
Old 30th September 2009, 10:43   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
People coming from Annanagar and beyond will definitely have a long drive too.
Your idea of a long drive isnt driving from annanagar to rk salai is it? What do the guys like me who stay on the next road do? Drive till anna nagar, then drive back?
Come on guys. Some serious long drive plan. For me the long drive is the top priority. What we eat , what we drink and where we sleep can be thought about next!
Old 30th September 2009, 11:23   #1539
BHPian

awrite .. out with the confusion.. in with some concrete plan.

This is the last call.... PONDY - IN or OUT

Its quite unfortunate that everyone wants a meet and finally when someone plans something up and even volunteers to co-ordinate it the numbers dwindle. Nitrous had very clearly stated he wud organize and book the place if everyone was confirming their presence. Nobody bothered to reply after that.

Guess this is why the meet thread is filled with all plans and no meets. Guess nobody can complain anymore about drive meets not happening or with private meets happening without the knowledge of everyone around.

Jayanth whats the scene with chunnabar.. can u make arrangements there... upon confirmation from a significant number of participants.

Now the following was the initial list. Please highlight your names if you confirm your presence for the meet.

1.Petrol_head
2.Headers
3.Nitrous (did not bother to ask cuz I know our man and his mistress would be there)
4.2themax (assuming that if you are in for the catamaran thing you would be in for pondy as well)
5.Esteem_lover (just an assumption - u need to validate that john)
6.Sutta Kambi aka Hot Rod aka Lightning Rod aka @#!%@ aka @&#*$#
7.Pras Oct
8.Phoenix
9.Perakath
10.Neoranjit
11.Bakiya_2k12
12.Mission_Safari
13. Fiery Enzyme

As far as the chai kadai city meets go, forget everything else, it does not serve the basic purpose of having a drive meet. And i would be atleast 80% right in assuming that the whole reason behind our meets is the drive. Since there are quite a few who want city meets (read as - no non veg / no u know what) guess everyone interested can organize one sometime soon but Saravana Bhavan?????? Im pretty sure there are better places around. Remninds me of good old 'Woodlands drive in' May the place rest in peace. :(

@ Vikram - dont you think its time for an RK salai drag to reinstate your superiority on home turf? maybe we can go pay a visit to those exotics after that

Last edited by petrol_head : 30th September 2009 at 11:27.
Old 30th September 2009, 11:32   #1540
BHPian

1.Petrol_head
2.Headers
3.Nitrous (did not bother to ask cuz I know our man and his mistress would be there)
4.2themax (assuming that if you are in for the catamaran thing you would be in for pondy as well)
5.Esteem_lover (just an assumption - u need to validate that john)
6.Sutta Kambi aka Hot Rod aka Lightning Rod aka @#!%@ aka @&#*$#
7.Pras Oct
8.Phoenix
9.Perakath
10.Neoranjit
11.Bakiya_2k12
12.Mission_Safari
13. Fiery Enzyme
Old 30th September 2009, 11:37   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
awrite .. out with the confusion.. in with some concrete plan.

i would be atleast 80% right in assuming that the whole reason behind our meets is the drive.
I can drive anytime; I thought the purpose underlying a meet was to meet BHPians and see what they're like in person!

Anyway, I get the sentiment behind your post, petrol_head. Unfortunately I can't confirm until tomorrow, sorry.
Old 30th September 2009, 11:42   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
I can drive anytime; I thought the purpose underlying a meet was to meet BHPians and see what they're like in person!

Anyway, I get the sentiment behind your post, petrol_head. Unfortunately I can't confirm until tomorrow, sorry.
Thats awrite.. confirm by the earliest as it would be easy to work things out especially as its a weekend and pondy would be buzzing with tourists. Besides only after the final numbers are in can we confirm if we are gonna do it or not...
Old 30th September 2009, 11:47   #1543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post

+1 to that! A meet need not necessarily mean a drive meet, though it is more enjoyable. Let a city meet too have a place in the scheme of things, to accommodate everyone.

@Petrolhead, Saravanabhavan was only suggestive -something I thought up instantly in lieu of Woodlands Drive-in, so any other suggestions are welcome. We all know about the parking problems around them.
Old 30th September 2009, 11:55   #1544
Team-BHP Support

if the meet is on or before Friday I might be able to join.
Old 30th September 2009, 12:13   #1545
Senior - BHPian

I propose a city meet at the Saravanabhavan mentioned by Headers on Friday (02.10.09) evening, for those who are not going to Pondy. And for everyone, if the Pondy plans do not fructify. Those in favour please add you name and highlight it.

1. Gansan
2. rr_zen.
3. para_7k (Please confirm)
4. headers
5. bblost

Last edited by Gansan : 30th September 2009 at 12:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks