Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2008, 22:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Chennai Team-BHP Meets

Hi C-Bhpians, thanks for the wonderful response for the mahabs drive, now let us plan for the next meet & try to make that an even better one. Here's what i propose, changes are most welcome as long as the majority is agreeable to them.

April Meet : A rendezvous at woodlands or anywhere else & then head off for the real meat elsewhere.

May meet : A seriously good drive as proposed by many in the other thread. Maybe a twin city meet at Yelagiri as proposed by my good friend rjstyles69, but this one's got to be really well planned.

Now for more ideas & dates please.

cheers
Old 28th March 2008, 01:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

i am in if its on sunday
Old 28th March 2008, 09:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Which sunday you are talking about ?
Old 28th March 2008, 09:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Can somebody find out when the track is free. We can have a track day meet.
Old 28th March 2008, 10:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

John, it would be better to have a separate thread (with a relevant title) for the Yelagiri twin-city meet. That way it can attract more attention from Blore/Mas guys. Also it can get confusing having same thread for 2 meets.

Maybe we can retain this as a short/quick meets thread.

Copying the related posts from the Mahabs thread, so that the meet ideas are not missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Guys, how about a smaller meet, closer home, in the weekend of 5th/6th Apr ? Some suggestions :

1. A drive to Vedanthangal - dont know if the chicks (the feathered kind ) will be there though at this time of the year.
2. A drive and meet at St.Thomas Mount. Awesome view + good photoshoot location.
3. A usual evening get-together at Woodlands drive-in restaurant.
4. Option-3 followed by food/drinks at Harrisons or our private bar on R.K.Salai or our private terrace bar in Shenoy Nagar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit
SB, my 2 cents
1. the season is over.. Dont think you will find birds now.
2. Has to be at dawn.. Thats when you get good view of the flights landing. During the day, not a great photo shoot idea.
3. Good Idea ..
4. Great Idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
I can't understand why married guys are so desparate to watch feathered birds. Do you,SB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v
A trip up the thirisulam hill opposite the airport will provide a much better view of the airport and runway... should be pretty good for photo shoot
Trisulam hill sounds like a nice idea. But is there a drivable road leading to the top ? I thought it was some kind of sensitive Govt installation area, with access barred to normal public. I am game if there is a road leading to the top.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 28th March 2008 at 10:04.
Old 28th March 2008, 10:16   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Trisulam hill sounds like a nice idea. But is there a drivable road leading to the top ? I thought it was some kind of sensitive Govt installation area, with access barred to normal public. I am game if there is a road leading to the top.
Yes, you can go up. The road next to trisulam railway station will lead you there. The view is good but .. With the summer peaking day by day, how long will we stay there and enjoy the view is something you would have to think about.
Old 28th March 2008, 10:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Sb, this is more to decide on the April meet & have suggestions for the May drive. Getting chennai annas to participate in one thread is something & getting them to post in 2 different threads would be something else as you would know by now.
Old 28th March 2008, 11:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Which sunday you are talking about ?
any sunday, saturdays i have work
Old 28th March 2008, 11:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
Getting chennai annas to participate in one thread is something & getting them to post in 2 different threads would be something else as you would know by now.
Do you still think that way, John ? Especially after the awesome participation for our last meet and the way that thread went to some 20-odd pages (a first for a Chennai tbhp meet, I think).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
I can't understand why married guys are so desparate to watch feathered birds. Do you,SB?
Mahi thambi, are married guys not even allowed to watch chicks of the feathered kind ?
Old 28th March 2008, 14:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

Me for Tirusulam

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Yes, you can go up. The road next to trisulam railway station will lead you there. The view is good ....
I would prefer this option, since I have always wanted to go to the top of the Tirusulam hill. I think some off-roading should also be possible on the way .

Can we also have some date options? The Apr 5/6th weekend is Ok for me; or if this date is too early for someone to decide, then we could have it at the 12/13 weekend.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 28th March 2008 at 14:35. Reason: Adding dates
Old 28th March 2008, 14:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Can somebody find out when the track is free. We can have a track day meet.
Vikram, I can understand the urgency in your interest for the trackday. . We'd love to have a trackday but its getting hotter by the day here.

BTW I'm in for any meet (trackday too) in April as long as its on a weekend.
Old 28th March 2008, 14:48   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Yes, you can go up. The road next to trisulam railway station will lead you there. The view is good but .. With the summer peaking day by day, how long will we stay there and enjoy the view is something you would have to think about.
Yes it is getting really hot day by day so staying there for long will be a question. Meeting at woodlands drive-in on a Sunday evening (around 16:00) should be good.

For May trip i am ok with Yelagiri but please don't plan on May10/11 weekend as i will be out of town .
Old 28th March 2008, 14:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder
I have always wanted to go to the top of the Tirusulam hill.
Me too. Never got around to it though in all these years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder
The Apr 5/6th weekend is Ok for me;
Have to admit my selfishness in suggesting that date. I threw up this date because that is the only weekend in April that I would be in town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
BTW I'm in for any meet (trackday too) in April as long as its on a weekend.
Do make it atleast this time, adi. Long time since we saw you at a meet.

And since you are 'driving in Chennai' and 'drinking in B'lore', I am sure you will be coming to the meet with some nice Bangy liquids.
Old 28th March 2008, 14:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure you will be coming to the meet with some nice Bangy liquids.
Wish i did bring some along with me. Was on a liquid diet for 4 full days and having withdrawl symptoms now.
Old 28th March 2008, 14:58   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Have to admit my selfishness in suggesting that date. I threw up this date because that is the only weekend in April that I would be in town.
Ok, then....can we please have a headcount to see who all will be able to make it for a meet during the 5-6th Apr weekend?

Tentative April Meet Date --> 5/6th weekend

Please pour in your thoughts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks