Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2008, 00:50   #1
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 23,581
Thanked: 20,274 Times
Default Delhi/Noida meet on 4th April

12,13,14 is a long weekend, so will be out.
Anyone game for this friday(Apr 4th)
tsk1979 is offline  
Old 1st April 2008, 01:33   #2
BHPian
 
Shashank.A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 483
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Oh yes Ashish....thank god you realized it...Lets see what other members have to say !!
Shashank.A is offline  
Old 1st April 2008, 12:04   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

I have no problems this friday as well!!! Lets wait for othere members!!!
But we ned to be quick on this today is the 1st!! what venue have you guys decided??
m4ugr8 is offline  
Old 1st April 2008, 12:16   #4
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 23,581
Thanked: 20,274 Times
Default

How about sector 18 noida. Friday evening. We can go to some place like rock cafe or something, or go to Mamouchee in Centerstage Mall.
tsk1979 is offline  
Old 1st April 2008, 12:37   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 692 Times
Default

Tan, 4th is fine with me. But need precise directions & the economics as well. A friend also might accompany me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
How about sector 18 noida. Friday evening. We can go to some place like rock cafe or something, or go to Mamouchee in Centerstage Mall.
gd1418 is offline  
Old 1st April 2008, 12:51   #6
BHPian
 
Shashank.A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 483
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

But Suman Da is out of town.and Noida..is it suitable to rest of the Junta.?
Shashank.A is offline  
Old 1st April 2008, 13:12   #7
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 23,581
Thanked: 20,274 Times
Default

With drinks if we are 10 people and eat and drink sensibly, the bill would be less than 400-500/head at manoushee.
If we want to go to 250-300/head levels we can go to Berco's in sector 15 which is a nice chinese restaurant(I get 10% off there )

So we can meet in sector 18 noida, visit great india place for coffee and then proceed to one of these places for dinner.
tsk1979 is offline  
Old 1st April 2008, 13:36   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
ashthedivx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,356
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
With drinks if we are 10 people and eat and drink sensibly, the bill would be less than 400-500/head at manoushee.
If we want to go to 250-300/head levels we can go to Berco's in sector 15 which is a nice chinese restaurant(I get 10% off there )

So we can meet in sector 18 noida, visit great india place for coffee and then proceed to one of these places for dinner.
Perfect, count me in. No such issues in going noida, but it will be nice if some another location can also be considered.
ashthedivx is offline  
Old 1st April 2008, 13:39   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 692 Times
Default

Berco's sounds great & hope it serves 'eye openers' post 7 pm... Haven't chinesed in a long time. Directions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
With drinks if we are 10 people and eat and drink sensibly, the bill would be less than 400-500/head at manoushee.
If we want to go to 250-300/head levels we can go to Berco's in sector 15 which is a nice chinese restaurant(I get 10% off there )

So we can meet in sector 18 noida, visit great india place for coffee and then proceed to one of these places for dinner.
gd1418 is offline  
Old 1st April 2008, 13:41   #10
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 23,581
Thanked: 20,274 Times
Default

Any venue is fine.
As for the 11th meet, go ahead guys have that, but since long weekends mean I am out of town, I thought a mini meet might be a good idea.
As an incentive, those who come are entitled to nice posterish pics of their rides in the urban jungle setting. So make sure your ride is shiny.

As for venues other than noida, Noida is Sasta and tikau, with open spaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Berco's sounds great & hope it serves 'eye openers' post 7 pm... Haven't chinesed in a long time. Directions...
Directions are too cryptic, so we will meet in sector 18. Berco's is just 10 minutes away from sector 18 and serves "eye openers" all day long

Last edited by tsk1979 : 1st April 2008 at 13:42.
tsk1979 is offline  
Old 1st April 2008, 13:53   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 692 Times
Default

Tanveer, I'm not too conversant with the geography of NOIDA. Hence, what I meant with directions was homing beam to the rendezeavous point i.e. Sect - 18..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Any venue is fine.
As for the 11th meet, go ahead guys have that, but since long weekends mean I am out of town, I thought a mini meet might be a good idea.
As an incentive, those who come are entitled to nice posterish pics of their rides in the urban jungle setting. So make sure your ride is shiny.

As for venues other than noida, Noida is Sasta and tikau, with open spaces.


Directions are too cryptic, so we will meet in sector 18. Berco's is just 10 minutes away from sector 18 and serves "eye openers" all day long
gd1418 is offline  
Old 1st April 2008, 13:59   #12
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 23,581
Thanked: 20,274 Times
Default

map
Lets assume you are coming in by DND flyway.
Right after the toll gates you take the exit which says "Greater noida".
Its a loop. i,e, you take left loop around to right.
Keep going straight till you see the traffic light.
Its called film city.
Cross the red light, and right after the red light there is a flyover passing overhead. Take left there and you will soon come across to the centerstage mall.
Centerstage mall is to your left and great india place is to your right.
Take the left turn on the light just at centerstage mall, go 50 meters and take right at radisson hotel.
We meet around there since there is ample parking available.
Once we have the list of attendees ready, I will PM my cell number, and its going to be easy.
tsk1979 is offline  
Old 1st April 2008, 15:48   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
ashthedivx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,356
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Manufacturers Agency Pacific
Lets assume you are coming in by DND flyway.
Right after the toll gates you take the exit which says "Greater noida".
Its a loop. i,e, you take left loop around to right.
Keep going straight till you see the traffic light.
Its called film city.
Cross the red light, and right after the red light there is a flyover passing overhead. Take left there and you will soon come across to the centerstage mall.
Centerstage mall is to your left and great india place is to your right.
Take the left turn on the light just at centerstage mall, go 50 meters and take right at radisson hotel.
We meet around there since there is ample parking available.
Once we have the list of attendees ready, I will PM my cell number, and its going to be easy.
Otherwise come with me i'll coming from my office i.e. Nehru Place. Been very familiar with Noida Sec 18 market.

Cheers
ashthedivx is offline  
Old 1st April 2008, 19:41   #14
BHPian
 
susan3004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kapurthala
Posts: 345
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
But Suman Da is out of town.and Noida..is it suitable to rest of the Junta.?
Khush raho aabad raho,
Noida raho ya Faridabad raho!

Delhi and Noida won't make any difference... In fact, I feel Noida will be better with all the good places of leisure coming up in the form of malls.
susan3004 is offline  
Old 1st April 2008, 20:47   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Any Place in Noida is Fine. Rock Cafe/Manoushee both are nice options
m4ugr8 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks