Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2008, 15:55   #31
BHPian

Great meet! my first one and i definitely enjoyed it.

Special thanks to Vidyut and Riju for making this happen
Old 13th April 2008, 16:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
...Also thanks to Anadkarni (Anirudh) the official photgrapher for the great pics and he put them up as well so fast...

So true. A well appreciated effort, Anadkarni!
Old 13th April 2008, 20:31   #33
BHPian

guys some more pics.
Old 13th April 2008, 20:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

It was a much bigger event that I imagined it would be. Most of us were happy to tag the faces to the handles. (Sadly I might not remember most of the real names.) Post the drinks and grub, there was a mini meet at the parking lot. -A very 'sober' v1p3r was showing off his Swift with Oz wheels. -A heavily stickered RaceDynamics Esteem was left to idle for some time. -Psycho's Esteem's hood was popped up for some curious onlookers. -A lot of guys were in queue for a spin around Jayamahal on Vikram's TC Swift. (I think Vikram did about 5 round trips and was eager to take more guys for a spin. Psycho, I must say he is one satisfied customer) -TorqueGurus chrome headers also drew some attention. -Then there was a Black Vtec with a mid pipe revving it up. (dont know whose this was) The guards finally had enough with all the engine revving and wheelspins that they tried sheepishly to ask us to leave. Sadly more cars kept coming back after their test runs and all the guards could ask us was 'Kya saabb' Anyway we finally felt pity for them and left lil later. The Guys who went to the Madur, how did the drive go? Pics?

Last edited by IronWolf : 13th April 2008 at 21:05. Reason: Not able to get paragraph spacing
Old 13th April 2008, 21:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
It was nice to meet snaronikar and his Neat Red 3M polished sparkling ikon
Thanks sajands. This was also my first meet since joining T-BHP. Would have stayed back a little while more if not for my wife. Anyways, it was good meet and hoping to meet you all guys once again. Hope it will be sooner than expected.

Also, Riju & Vid was discussing that they will arrange for a drive sometime in next month. Waiting for that event to happen eagerly.
Old 13th April 2008, 21:18   #36
Senior - BHPian

Missed this one, had to drive out of town late evening.

@ Riju : My phone died while I was abt to pick your call, looks like you guys had a blast.
Old 13th April 2008, 21:19   #37
BHPian

HI everyone,
Its nice to know that The Team-BHP meet yesterday was great.

OOOPs...................I missed it.

shall Make it next time.
Old 13th April 2008, 23:37   #38
BHPian

I dont see V13pr's (Akshay) name in the list? was his name left out for over drinking?so that takes the count to 45.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Hi Guys,

thanks to the organisers vid and riju, had fun and good to know so many tbhpian's.. was looking forward for a drive after the meet. But neverthless, I had a awesome time.

Like the beasts, vikram's swift, psyco's wooosh..woosh esteem, torque guru's cedia..all the way to 6.2k rpm {would suggest you doing something about changing the position of your air filter, your chrome plated looked kick @ss in the psyco blue color }, raghu's mad zen (dude, that's one nice revving car!). Vipers OZ alloys (aka wheelcaps as mentioned by anush and gang lol! ).

In the end would like to thank all for the meet, it was really rocking!

Cheers,
Shrey

Thanks Bro!! Even I was looking forward for a drive. lets make it next time, I just loved the sounds of the BOVs- whats next a Turbo Mad ZEN?naaah

@brraaj-where did you guys go?we completely missed you

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th April 2008 at 02:21. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add to a post within 20minutes instead of making consecutive posts.
Old 14th April 2008, 00:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
I just loved the sounds of the BOVs- whats next a Turbo Mad ZEN?naaah
Already done tell me when you want see it. Take
a peek into my garage.
Old 14th April 2008, 02:03   #40
Senior - BHPian

We had a meet? Lol.

Vidyut, where are my bulbs and please collect your money.
Old 14th April 2008, 08:48   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
raghuram.cg : I dont see V13pr's (Akshay) name in the list? was his name left out for over drinking?
Exactly - he was still at it when the south BLR group left ..
Old 14th April 2008, 09:40   #42
Team-BHP Support

A big thank-you to the organizers of the meet. Had been a while since we had an official meet, and it was good to see so many people turn up for the same.

The food was good, although i refrained from having any drinks as i was supposed to drive back.

A very big thank-you to MC_Mayank for offerring me a ride in his car, and also letting me drive it on the way back. Further increased my liking towards the Swift. Thanks, buddy!!

How come no one has written in about the drive after the meet?
Old 14th April 2008, 10:23   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for the late response - my BSNL broadband at home is down since 6 days.

Firstly - a big appreciation goes to Riju Wodeyar and Vidyut Unopened for all the organizing and groundwork. These meets dont happen without the 2 of you being involved personally.

Secondly - as has been the hallmark of BLR meets, it was nice to see a large turnout. Godfather and Condor - it was particularly nice to catch up with you truckers after what has been an unacceptably long hiatus.

Thirdly - it was sportive of Samurai to come straight from the airport. Your presence was appreciated. And DerAlte: my fellow moderator, it was nice meeting you - this being our first time. Ajmat - thanks for coming with your jetlag and the attire when you landed in the US. Rudra - nice of you to take time off from your busy schedule to attend.

Last but not least: While organizers take personal trouble to arrange a meet, the onus of not leaving them redfaced when the bill comes, rests on everybody else's shoulders. Henceforth, let all of us participants ensure that the stipulated cover charge/entry fee is submitted to the organizers at the time of entry. Any goodwill favors will need to be worked out with the willing party before coming to the meet - not after.
Old 14th April 2008, 10:38   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Exactly - he was still at it when the south BLR group left ..
leaving out Akshay always happens with him we even forget to count him in some impromptu meets.

Overall it was a nice meet all toghether, came at 10pm left at 11:20pm no booze no food this time due to some family commitments. just been there to meet you guyz. Condor it was nice meeting you brother. i was really surprised to see the turnout guyz. it was nice seing all the moderators in this meet.

brraj jaguar riju was nice meeting you all after a long time.

Wondering is there anyway becoming bachelor for a day whenever there is a team bhp meet

Vidyut as you said its better to look out for some other palce for forthcoming meets.

Last edited by praJEEP : 14th April 2008 at 10:40.
Old 14th April 2008, 11:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

Thats a lot of TBHPian!

Hope there will be more pix.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed