Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Which date would you prefer to have the drive on?
18th May? 46 55.42%
25th May? 51 61.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2008, 21:01   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
I am in for either dates...(though i voted for 18th )
by the way is this going to be the family outing our "guys only" outing?

Regards,
Mohit, feel free to bring your family along as well. Even pets are welcome. Joz, are you listening?
Old 4th May 2008, 21:02   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. The objective of the meet is to meet our friends and share ideas..not food!
Dear Mr. Johnny Walker, unlike you, a lot of us enjoy food.So, we would like to relish good food when u're enjoying ur whiskey.
Please quit your double standards.
Old 4th May 2008, 21:06   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Dear Mr. Johnny Walker, unlike you, a lot of us enjoy food.So, we would like to relish good food when u're enjoying ur whiskey.
Lets not deviate off topic here. Nitrous, the place we visited last time is out. Working out a deal with a different place (3 resorts actually). Will put up the details in 3-4 days once I have everything worked out.

PS: Whose taken up the organizing part from Chennai? Vikram? Nitrous? Kindly SMS all the regulars and invite them for the drive personally.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 4th May 2008 at 21:08.
Old 4th May 2008, 21:23   #49
BANNED

Can the mods change the title of the thread to accomadate Chennai as well? Looks like this is going to be yet another fun twin city meet.
Old 4th May 2008, 21:26   #50
Senior - BHPian

Am in. Although voted for both dates, i would prefer 18th.
Old 4th May 2008, 22:24   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would appreciate your highness to get some JW Black label as that is "good food" for me. I'll get the ICE

Care to explain the double standards issue? I dont get it.

Also, why not you try and organise "good food" while MCL works on the location? I dont mind callin the C-TBHP guys - that way you get your "quality food" and we get the meet
Old 4th May 2008, 22:26   #52
Senior - BHPian

I don't know about the dates, and the fights, and whether I can make it, but Nitrous has a point. It would be nice to have some decent food, and also enough to make sure it doesn't run out.
Old 4th May 2008, 22:31   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
we would like to relish good food when u're enjoying ur whiskey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I don't know about the dates, and the fights, and whether I can make it, but Nitrous has a point. It would be nice to have some decent food, and also enough to make sure it doesn't run out.
Thats precisely why I requested him to organise "the food"

Ok..I'm not in support of anyone, nor do i want to get into silly issues, but when someone takes the pains to organise a meet, we rather try and make it more enjoyable than "crib" about

All of us make mistakes..and if anyone out here wants to organise a better meet than last time, Welcome and thanks in advance!
Old 4th May 2008, 22:34   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Last I remember, you didn't complain about the food on that day. Or maybe you didn't eat much because of the carton of ice-creams you emptied that day . Anyways, point taken. Working on a place which supposedly has good food, going by reviews of travellers on sites like mouthshut, holidayiq etc. Booze will be available too but only for those who confirm the quantity and what they need in advance.

Vikram, I shall soon send you all the details from the menu to the rates to the location (finalized on two locations) we can freeze on. Keep checking your PMs.
Old 4th May 2008, 22:36   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Ok..I'm not in support of anyone, nor do i want to get into silly issues, but when someone takes the pains to organise a meet, we rather try and make it more enjoyable than "crib" about.
Some people find a lot of pleasure in such antiques vikram. Anyways, lets not ruin this wonderful meet thread with such silly arguments. Lets get back to topic. Kindly request the mods to delete all OT posts.
Old 4th May 2008, 22:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

This is a drive to a tourist spot and that too to one that is not so well developed. Expectations w.r.t food should be set accordingly.

Those who are very particular about what they eat, can get their own food packed in a hotcase. I might do that infact.

Make it a BYOF (Bring Your Own Food).
Old 4th May 2008, 23:29   #57
Senior - BHPian

OT:

We have DIY, ASAP, FYI, PFA and now... a "BYOF"!

Good one Amitoj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
... Make it a BYOF (Bring Your Own Food).

Chill people; MCL is taking the effort to organize this. Lets appreciate the effort and try to, if possible, give a helping hand. If not and if someone feels that the meet might not be up to his/her level of expectations, they are always free to give it a pass.

With multiple factor to add to the equation, it is very difficult to have everything top-notch.

I am sure MCL is trying his best, to get the best, for the attendee's of the meet!
Old 4th May 2008, 23:50   #58
BHPian

i am in for the 18th. 25th is a bit far fetched since i am moving out of bangalore tht week and i might have to do some last minute chores....
Old 5th May 2008, 00:10   #59
Senior - BHPian

As for the food I can't comment, but on the booze I can (wink wink)! Best solution, get some Thermocol Ice Boxes, they cost between 25-100 ruppes each (depending on size) and keep the contents cool for at least 6 hours if the lid is fastened properly with tape.

So, 2 or 3 of you can pool up, buy the beer & the ice cubes. Put the beer's in the fridge overnight before the drive & then store them in the Ice box in the morning & also put the ice cubes in to maintain the temperature. They'll remain absolutely chilled for the next 4-6 hours especially since it's not going to be so hot early in the day.
Old 5th May 2008, 00:25   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
..Kindly request the mods to delete all OT posts.

Please report those posts you wish to have cleaned up.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed