Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Will you be attending?
Will attend & "Pay as you go" 7 26.92%
Will attend only if its a "Package Deal" 13 50.00%
Sorry guys, I'm out of this one too 6 23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 12:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I rest my case....
Read with much interest the above case.

I do not have these domestic issues that GD has highlighted. Perhaps its because I do not lead a double life (as in Biwi on one side & Maya on the other, ). My "better half" is always informed about the T-bhp meets & I have no issues about lion or mouse.

My reason for a Friday request is very clear - if it is in South Delhi (as in Southex, GK or whatever), I would like to do it on a day when I'm in South Delhi. Driving down from Gurgaon on a Saturday or Sunday all the way to South Delhi is a strict "avoidable" kinda situation for me since I'm basically a lazy bum!

If the venue is Gurgaon itself, I have no issues whatsoever with Saturday or Sunday. 24th doesn't work for me as I have a prior program. But let that not dictate any change in dates.

And on that note, let the debate continue.

I rest my case

Last edited by suman : 14th May 2008 at 12:41.
Old 14th May 2008, 12:38   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Read with interest about changing of days as it suits some and doesn't to some for various reasons.

Let me add my 2 cents worth to it and then shall leave the field open for others to take a decision.

Howsoever most of us who project a brave, bold and dominant Lionish trait outside the 4 walls of the house, running off morons on the road, terrorising minions, we all are slunking mouses once we reach our house. This hold true to all married and harried men and to some extent to bachelors who are ever so in their 'Maa ka pallu'.

Friday generally suits us (read m(h)arried men) since it happens to a be a working day and once has myriad of excuses (generally referred to as 'goli') to offer when returning home sozzled with 2 left feet.

Saturday/Sunday are generally family days and to tell wifey that one is going to be a stag for few hours, meeting like minded auto enthusiasts, and need some space for self, results in hearing the riot act in its full with some new clauses & provisions added on the spot.

I rest my case....
Hmmm, seems this is the leftover the spoils of the last meet which i missed. newaz wouln't be knowing much about the m(h)arried part nor of the 'maa ka pallu' part...

But I do understand the part about you facing the riot act in its full swing. Guess if we want it to happen on a saturday, some of us here have to come up with very plausible excuses for the m(h)arried guys here on the forum who have to present it to their lionesses.

Quote:
We may reconsider if you stop racing us on the Expressway or someplace else at 140 kph and then taking off from one of the flyovers after getting nudged/bumped from behind...
Hmmm, If that is what is going to take to facilitate everybdy to come, then am ready to give it up for my brotherhood on the condition that nobdy leaves me on the highway eating their dust.

getting nudged or bumped???? When?... Where?... it surely dint happen to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
okay, shall we consider 24th (Saturday) as well, let us see who all are in for 24th AND/OR 23rd..?
Am in for any day... for package...
Old 14th May 2008, 12:43   #48
BHPian

okay so we have 2 of the veterans for 23rd, and 2 of us (KD and me) ready for both the dates.
Old 14th May 2008, 12:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

How about a role reversal Shashank? Who is a veteran here? 'panja ladaa kar dekho'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
okay so we have 2 of the veterans for 23rd, and 2 of us (KD and me) ready for both the dates.
Old 14th May 2008, 13:15   #50
BHPian

Quote:
How about a role reversal Shashank? Who is a veteran here? 'panja ladaa kar dekho'
Dada, I meant Veterans in Panja Ladana
Old 14th May 2008, 15:41   #51
BANNED

Guys , Lets just shift it to the 25th and venue can be gurgaon so that our Gurgaon members can make it on sunday inspite of having family commitments or driving to S.Delhi phobias .

Suman @ 25th May , Sunday is when its a Yuvi vs Ganguly match up and it starts at 8 pm ... I say Yuvi is gonna whip Ganguly & Co on their home ground , so lets all meet and cheer for Yuvi & co while you can cheer for the wimp SRk and his band of boys . Loser pays for the winners bill ;-). ie - you can pay for my beers & dinner !!

If nothing .. lets you and me meet and thrash this cricket issue once and for all :-)
Old 14th May 2008, 15:46   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Suman @ 25th May , Sunday is when its a Yuvi vs Ganguly match up and it starts at 8 pm ... I say Yuvi is gonna whip Ganguly & Co on their home ground , so lets all meet and cheer for Yuvi & co while you can cheer for the wimp SRk and his band of boys . Loser pays for the winners bill ;-). ie - you can pay for my beers & dinner !!

If nothing .. lets you and me meet and thrash this cricket issue once and for all :-)
Sounds like a good plan - another free round of booze coming up for mecheers:
Old 14th May 2008, 16:20   #53
BHPian

Hi Guys , Have just moved from Pune to Del , and it would great to meet up with the Delhi folks , so pls count me in and look forward to this meet.

Am fine with pay as you go or package deal.
Old 14th May 2008, 19:48   #54
BHPian

Could some kind soul, please simply the thread and tell me whats it about...!
Old 14th May 2008, 20:52   #55
BHPian

Quote:

Packaged anyday ... its always better when others can pay for our drinks and NO SIT DOWN places please .

Cheers
Baba log, 23rd is just fine with me as i will be back to India on 22nd & yes prefer a Packaged deal. Also please don't shift to next week as I have to fly back on 28th.

See ya all.
Old 14th May 2008, 22:05   #56
Senior - BHPian

I am in if it is on the 25th,No issues regarding the venue!!!
Old 15th May 2008, 00:12   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Baba log, 23rd is just fine with me as i will be back to India on 22nd & yes prefer a Packaged deal. Also please don't shift to next week as I have to fly back on 28th.

See ya all.
Arrey Chhote Maharaj, good to hear from you after such a long time. I though you have forgotten us poor souls. Now since GD and you are both in for 23rd, then I would strongly vote for 23rd...

B'coz without you two the meetup would be a meeting..
Old 15th May 2008, 00:27   #58
Senior - BHPian

anyday, anywhere, any deal, count me in for the meet.
Old 15th May 2008, 00:38   #59
BANNED

Anyone with a farmhouse with a pool ... the weather is such , though an all guys wudn't be half as much fun but still would be great if we could have that !!!
Old 15th May 2008, 09:23   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Sounds like a good plan - another free round of booze coming up for mecheers:
OK guys who are planning this (as in Shashank, Girish & Ishan), please don't take me & Khaadu seriously. The two of us will have our banter & beer in any case so go ahead & plan for any of the dates without keeping the above comments in mind.

So, packaged deal it is, it seems

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks