Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Will you be attending?
Will attend & "Pay as you go" 7 26.92%
Will attend only if its a "Package Deal" 13 50.00%
Sorry guys, I'm out of this one too 6 23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2008, 23:08   #31
BHPian

Look forward to meeting you guys, Friday evening works best for me, Package deal ofcourse !!!
Old 13th May 2008, 23:36   #32
BHPian

package deal it seems to be the choice then.

lets finalise a date.
Old 13th May 2008, 23:49   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishg View Post
lets finalise a date.
23rd may it is !! Friday, but still we need more confirmation to get a good deal..
Old 14th May 2008, 09:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

OK, have requested that a poll be added & the title be edited. Once that is done, we'll have a better picture & Ishan & Girish can start looking at options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
that is my 2 cents, lets see what other members feel..
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
It seems you guys haven't read the latest riot act. Drinking in open is not allowed. A thou for the first offence and then subsequently 3K + 3 months of 'chakki peesing, & chakki peesing'....
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
As long as it aint a shady place .. roadside drinking in Delhi in a group of 15-20 ppl -- I don't think we could get away without the cops showing up and spoiling the party unless its on a private property .
I'm with you folks - never been comfortable drinking in the streets.

Last edited by suman : 14th May 2008 at 09:59.
Old 14th May 2008, 10:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

guys why this obsession with friday night ?!! there are poor souls like us who have funny office timings

PLEASE consider saturday or sunday...thanks
Old 14th May 2008, 10:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

Packaged deal sounds nice. I am in this time.
Old 14th May 2008, 11:00   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
guys why this obsession with friday night ?!! there are poor souls like us who have funny office timings

PLEASE consider Saturday or Sunday...thanks
Narayan Sir, O asked about the date and day in the first post itself, and I can see that you were one of the early posters.

You could have suggested a Saturday and we would have finalized that, even now let us see if something can be worked out...
Old 14th May 2008, 11:27   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
2 I would prefer a package deal but am willing to get fleeced in a "pay as you go" if thats what the majority would prefer
borda, you are willing, but honestly, i speak for myself since i have no idea about the others, it will burn a huge hole in my small pockets. Please do reconsider.

[quote=iraghava;829160 Girish/Me can talk to a few places & see whether we can get a deal like last time or something better this time around.[/QUOTE]

the last place chose by you was amazing.. kudos to you and girish for picking and arranging the last meetup place @ morrisson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
PLEASE consider saturday or sunday...thanks
Guys, Please consider the above point, since some of our most enthusiastic TBHPians are not able to make it to the meet because of odd timings, so please lets consider it and realign the dates.

By the way since nobody is voting on the poll I would like to state the majority here seems to be in favor of package. and people lets spread the word around, since I don't see a lot of people responding here.

Guys regarding, drinking in the streets, I would suggest to stop thinking about it since the city has been put on high alert. lets not attract 'phaaltu' ka tamasha.
Old 14th May 2008, 11:46   #39
BHPian

I am out of this one guys. Travelling to Chandigarh on Thursday night, returning Sunday morning. Catch ya all later. Have fun!!
Old 14th May 2008, 12:02   #40

Hello all Brother Bhpians,
I also want to join in for this meet, missed the last one, but can it please be planned for either saturday or sunday, coz on weekdays i wont b able 2 come coz of my ofiice timings.

PLZ PM me the details(Timings, Venue)

Counting on You Folks.
Old 14th May 2008, 12:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Friday or Saturday

Read with interest about changing of days as it suits some and doesn't to some for various reasons.

Let me add my 2 cents worth to it and then shall leave the field open for others to take a decision.

Howsoever most of us who project a brave, bold and dominant Lionish trait outside the 4 walls of the house, running off morons on the road, terrorising minions, we all are slunking mouses once we reach our house. This hold true to all married and harried men and to some extent to bachelors who are ever so in their 'Maa ka pallu'.

Friday generally suits us (read m(h)arried men) since it happens to a be a working day and once has myriad of excuses (generally referred to as 'goli') to offer when returning home sozzled with 2 left feet.

Saturday/Sunday are generally family days and to tell wifey that one is going to be a stag for few hours, meeting like minded auto enthusiasts, and need some space for self, results in hearing the riot act in its full with some new clauses & provisions added on the spot.

I rest my case....
Old 14th May 2008, 12:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

We may reconsider if you stop racing us on the Expressway or someplace else at 140 kph and then taking off from one of the flyovers after getting nudged/bumped from behind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
borda, you are willing, but honestly, i speak for myself since i have no idea about the others, it will burn a huge hole in my small pockets. Please do reconsider.
Old 14th May 2008, 12:19   #43
BHPian

okay, shall we consider 24th (Saturday) as well, let us see who all are in for 24th AND/OR 23rd..?
Old 14th May 2008, 12:22   #44
Senior - BHPian

23rd for me - The LionMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
okay, shall we consider 24th (Saturday) as well, let us see who all are in for 24th AND/OR 23rd..?
Old 14th May 2008, 12:36   #45

I'm in for 23rd s well as for 24th,But after 6 o'clock(office).

Most Viewed