Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 22:59   #526
BANNED

Ohh!! Heeeee haw haaw haaaw!

No break... Eyes all wide open!

It was an eventful trip in any way you look at it. Yes, I know you all know that by now.

Flashback!
Year: 2008. Month: June. Day: Friday, the 13th. Time: 06:30pm. Location: Ernakulam city.
Some guys were given the instruction to collect some cases of beers from a certain location. The supplier had asked us specifically to send a minimum of 2 people as 1 person cannot carry this much of alcohol legally. I am a bit more careful and I send 2 cars and 4 guys. They do the job very beautifully of collecting it from the supplier and they drive back. Due to some circumstances, they decide to dump all the cases into one vehicle as the other vehicle had to go somewhere else to organise some other things from supermarket etc...

Verna makes it's way back with all the Australians loaded in the boot and a prayer in the driver's lips not to see any cops on the way. It is not even a minute before a cop stops him!
This BHPian is clever. He gets out of the vehicle and asks the officer about his crime?? TALKING ON THE CELLPHONE!!!! Promptly answered. The driver is now puzzled when was that. And he is informed that it was about a kilometer behind and this cop had received a radio information asking him to stop. WOWOWOW!!! Nowadays, cops are quite technologically advanced when it comes to collecting fines and handpolishings! Great na????

Now, we all are just praying hardly after hearing the news from the other car. Maal doesn't have any bill, receipt or anything of that sort. If it's spotted by this khaaki cladded beast, we all are doomed and counting bars wearing a round cap on the head and a beard on the face doesn't look nice. or will it??
It takes a few Mahatmas to sort that out. And we all breath a sigh of relief and thank our fortunes.

And we set off to a series of unfortunate and misfortunate events after this. So, let us come back to the scene! It will be from now onwards called as
CSI: KUTTIKKANAM.

Last edited by speedzak : 17th June 2008 at 23:00.
Old 17th June 2008, 23:18   #527
BHPian

OMG, I cant go to sleep now. I am picturing Ishan tip toeing around, crying and pouring the liquor down the toilet and Steer wiping the bottles.

If Ishan was thinking straight he would have caught hold of the wiped bottled using a cloth. But hey, whats the fun in that
Old 17th June 2008, 23:21   #528
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post

If Ishan was thinking straight he would have caught hold of the wiped bottled using a cloth.
I don't think that can happen. lol.
Old 17th June 2008, 23:21   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
And we set off to a series of unfortunate and misfortunate events after this. So, let us come back to the scene! It will be from now onwards called as
CSI: KUTTIKKANAM.
Hehe Zak - that was hilarious . Being a fan of CSI, this title seems to be the correct one.
Old 17th June 2008, 23:33   #530

There was another convenient location to dump all that liquor. It's name starts with a "MO" and ends with an "UTH." At least some of it could have been saved that way.cheers:

Quote:
OMG, I cant go to sleep now. I am picturing Ishan tip toeing around, crying and pouring the liquor down the toilet and Steer wiping the bottles.

If Ishan was thinking straight he would have caught hold of the wiped bottled using a cloth. But hey, whats the fun in that
Old 18th June 2008, 00:04   #531
Senior - BHPian

Hehehe.... so all these things happened eh?

I think i was one of the first who dozed off to dreamland lying next to the campfire Next morning i was surprised to find myself in my bed... lol
Old 18th June 2008, 00:09   #532
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! Guys, the turn of events is keeping me on my toes. But I am glad you guys came out of all these things unscathed. All's well that ends well.
Old 18th June 2008, 00:52   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I’m constantly surprised by the lines that Sankar is taking around the corners at speeds close to 100kmph in Redfire’s Swift Vxi. I vow to get alloys and bigger tyres for my baby. I have to do justice to that engine.

We then turn off the road towards kulamavu and prepare for a set of 12 very interesting hairpins.

Redfire’s Swift, driven by Sankar is pretending to be a bumper sticker on my blue Vdi.
And California knight seems to be attached to the two of us by an invisible rubber band.

The 3 of us seem to have left everyone else far behind. Since there are no turnoffs on the climb upto kulamavu, we keep going.

We had settled into a nice rhythm and seemed to have pretty good understanding of what the other 2 were doing and I was having the time of my life.
+1

This was one of the best drives i had ever been to. Later that night i was telling redfire telling how i fell in love with the roads and his car. The roads were brilliant...

Rippper your Diesel was poetry in motion.... no loud exhaust and no dramas but the car sure was covering ground fast flowing from one corner into the other

Quote:
@Ripper, redfire's Swift was absolutely planted. Even when it was thrown around the corners, it never felt unsafe. I'm sure Sankar and redfire will chime in on this
Yep the car sure was planted.. it was like on rails.. well most of the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
and that is why I want tyres and alloys like Redfire.
I have already started pestering the tyre gurus about upgrades.
Ripper, man again i'm telling you the rubber you've got is pretty good, Bridgestone Potenzas they are. If you wish to keep the same wheel size and go for alloys you can do it now.. don't wait for the tyres to wear out. Redfire has Turanzas but i would suggest you stay with the Potenzas or similar.

Hmmmm.... after going through the posts by Steeroid i now understand the gravity of the situation we had that night. We could learn from this when we have our next meet wherever that might be.
Old 18th June 2008, 01:46   #534
BANNED

A bit more from the past.

Bombatt & wife, Patchyboy & wife, Kb100 and Mansidea & wife where at the resort when our convoy reached there. (Mansidea was there to see us off from Sarovaram).

After some time from the bar's opening, we found that the ladies in our male dominated DRIVE were freezing and getting hungry at the same time near the proposed but yet to happen campfire. I ask the resort incharge to make the fire. He comes out and out of nowhere, the clouds come in and starts a small amount of blessings. He makes it a big excuse and goes back to where he was. NO CAMPFIRE? No!

Most of us are disappointed. Ladies decide to go near the bar and settle down for some snacks etc..

This was the time when some brave young guys (like Sankar etc..) and old ones (like KB etc..) decides to make fire. Some others joins in too and sooner than I expected, I see fire! When I reach the area, I see some good amount of broken plastic bits used as fuel for the fire and the place is quiet comfy and warm to sit around.

Ladies are happy too. They also comes near the fire and settle on the benches around.
Now, our man Sankar comes ON! And oh my god! He starts posing with different pieces of burning wood and plastic. He got into his wild ear to ear grin showing off each and every detail of his braces. LOL!! He is very happy as we can see and as told by himself, he is (for sure) in his own dreamland.

I move on to see the progress with my family. My wife isn't that comfortable with so many people drinking and making horrendous noises. I try to explain that they're not scaring any creature but enjoying themselves. She walks around for a while and slowly settles in front of the TV in her room. My kids hang around outside with some temporary sweaters which I bought on the way (we forgot their warm clothes near the house door). They seemed to be happy and after a small dinner, they retired into their beds.

I find Mr. RipperGeo is missing from the crowd. I looked around for a while in different gatherings and vehicles. No raksha! Got near his room and I'm able to hear the calm snoring. Oh, our man has kept his promises intact. LOL!

By now, I could see a small crowd gathered a bit off from the campfire. I'm thinking why these people are away from the fire,, Wow! Sankar has extended his dreamland to the ground and he is trying to find it. We all laugh and take pictures. But Patchyboy reminds us of the cold and chilly winds and recommends us to move him inside. We all get together and lift him up from the ground. He is unsuccessfully trying to explain the benefits of remaining in his dreamland but we get him inside. His twin brother also joins in to help him (wait for the photos).
Old 18th June 2008, 02:06   #535
BHPian

Hehe Zak, witnessed all these, no one can put it like this. Amazing and superb read. Keep em coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I try to explain that they're not scaring any
creature but enjoying themselves.
man, you are making me . I am in office with night support, people coming near me and asking what happened. Some says if it's a good joke or Video please post the link. But how can I?
Old 18th June 2008, 08:45   #536
BHPian

I dont think we put the plastic in the campfire. I think I saw the resort guy bring out the firewood along with pieces of a plastic chair.
Old 18th June 2008, 08:45   #537
Senior - BHPian

Here are some pix of the 'Bonfire'!

our Hero is all exited before the fire starts!
Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-140620081255.jpg

But is soon occupied in different 'Activities'
Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-140620081256.jpg

Dr Zak attends to our man!
Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-140620081257.jpg

Sankar and his Twin brother from another land!
Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-140620081258.jpg
Old 18th June 2008, 08:59   #538
BHPian

Looks like sankar was trying to be more close to the nature after reaching such a beaautiful place and you guys pulling his apart??!
Also,i guess redfire's swift was idling for almost near to 4-5 hours atleast and playing some good music close to the bonfire. That uplifted the overall mood of the bonfire.
Old 18th June 2008, 09:27   #539
Senior - BHPian

Hahahahahahaha..... nice photos

Er.. what's Zak trying to do near my ear?
Old 18th June 2008, 10:12   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Hahahahahahaha..... nice photos

Er.. what's Zak trying to do near my ear?

zak to sankar.."reading me loud and clear??! Sankar, RESPOND!!"
sankar to zak.."MAYDAY! MAYDAY!! My satelite is down!!"
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks