Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 13:17   #556
BHPian

Is kahani mein action hai, drama hai, emotion hai. Yeh kahani superhit hai!
Old 18th June 2008, 13:18   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Steeroid : "Hey this feels like college days da - I'm getting all nostalgic!"

"Take that fellow with spiky hair and earstuds to the other Jeep! He talks too much!"
Looks like Somebody has definitely been through all this before.
Quote:
Steeroid : "Sir these lights on top - do they really work? ......"
Was the response anything like : "Oh, yes, they work perfectly. And so do the hand-cuffs & the locks on that frame with the bars !!"

Last edited by condor : 18th June 2008 at 13:19.
Old 18th June 2008, 13:19   #558
Senior - BHPian

So our four friends go around raiding other resorts along with the cops. In the meantime they make friends with all cops except the Dy SP who is hell bent on stamping his 'authority' all over Kuttikanam/Peermade/Kumily areas.

The guys mention something about Unexpected Offroading in the Middle of the Night and HIJ gets a bright idea

"Sir is this 4WD or 2WD? Does it have lockable differentials? You cant really go offroading without all that, you know?"

"I wonder if he has skid plates, or he will break something and expect us to push the jeep back to the station"

"Lets name this vehicle kpbolero - Kerala Police Bolero! We'll give them a monsoon drive sticker too!"

They pick up a couple of you-know-whos from another resort and the guys offer to give them company in the other jeep. One of the older policemen tells them "they're the cheap type. nothing in it, dont worrry."

Finally they're taken to the doctor to test for alcohol (Whatever for? They werent driving!!!). The Dy SP was dropped back at the station.

The doctor is obviously fast asleep and the cops cant get him to wake up. Our four friends offer to help, and go around the house shouting "Doctore! Please wake up ! We want to give you some blood!"

When that doesnt work, they go around banging their fists on all the doors and windows of the house, at which the PCs say "Boys take it easy - you will break the glass!"

HIJ decides to take matters in his hands and starts pounding away at the front door with both hands, stopping to peep through the keyhole every now and then. "Doctor take our blood, take our blood!"

Finally an incredulous lady doctor opens the door and the boys say "OOOOOH! LADY Doctor!"

They are taken inside for the blood test and asked for identification marks. An inebriated RST points to his big toe and says "I got poked by a thorn there yesterday - will that do?"

XYZ then comes over and the doc takes one look at his face and says "Are you carrying Chicken Pox????"

"No doctor - I have these since my teens. Can you do anything about them? I've seen SO many doctors and nobody has been able to help!"

"Show me your birthmark"

XYZ tries to roll up his trousers to show a spot on his knee. The trousers are too tight and the chap is too drunk, so he stands up and offers to take his trousers off for her to take a look.

The lady is outraged and the older cop comes in and says "Its okay madam they're children. Just write down whatever they claim is a birthmark"

After several such anecdotes, the convoy finally rolls into the police station....and the guys promptly whip out their cameras (not phone cams, but actual cameras) and start shooting pictures of each other in front of the Police Station. One goes inside and takes a picture of the 'Lock Up'.

Last edited by Steeroid : 18th June 2008 at 13:32.
Old 18th June 2008, 13:19   #559
Team-BHP Support

lmfao thats another good one steer, kerala cops sure would have had a fun time dealing with them.
Old 18th June 2008, 13:19   #560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
"Sir these lights on top - do they really work? Switch it on, na - we should FEEL like we're being taken in a police vehicle!"
Now, I know what I missed. I could have had a free ride in the police jeep.
Old 18th June 2008, 13:24   #561
BHPian

I am officially exhausted from laughing. Steer, you are killing me.
Old 18th June 2008, 13:54   #562
Senior - BHPian

Steer, that is hilarious, eager to know more. I am just refreshing this page every 5 min to check anything coming.

Abhi
Old 18th June 2008, 14:03   #563
BHPian

That's my colleagues and me!!! No work happening in office. All glued to this thread.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th June 2008 at 23:09. Reason: Sorry buddy, you're only allowed one extra colleague. :)
Old 18th June 2008, 14:10   #564
Senior - BHPian

As they roll into the station, I call up HIJ to find out what the status is.

"Whats happening? Where are you?"

"Oh we just reached the station"

"WHAT?? Its 4.30 where have you been for the last hour?"

"Oh we were raiding other places! Picked up some girls too!"

"Whats the scene?"

"Dont worry - we have everything under control. We'll manage."

"Did Zak give you the $?"

"Yeah, now we have to negotiate. RST is doing that."

"Okay keep me informed and as soon as you have something worked out I will come over if there are no cops outside our resort"

"Dont worry chetta - we're quite ok, almost having fun and they are okay chaps. We'll call you."
Old 18th June 2008, 14:14   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After several such anecdotes, the convoy finally rolls into the police station....and the guys promptly whip out their cameras (not phone cams, but actual cameras) and start shooting pictures of each other in front of the Police Station. One goes inside and takes a picture of the 'Lock Up'.
A few more as narrated by our 4 inebriated musketeers:

Scene 1: Just as our 4 lads were about to leave for the blood test:

XYZ: ''Jump on board sir, what are you going to do in the guest house? Lets go for a monsoon D R I V E in the Invader!''

Cop: ''Hell, what better to do, lets go!''

Scene 2: Cop informs the trio (yes, it was reported that 1 brave lad was caught snoring on a bed no less, er..at the government guest house that is) that he intends to travel to Kolkata on guest house business:

HIJ: ''Sir! Beware! You dont want to be passing through Bihar on a cold chilly night...''

Cop: ''What! dont want my head chopped off, do I??''

Out comes 4 GPRS enabled phones to search for trains heading to Kolkata from Kerala (very much through Bihar hehe)

Scene 3: The foursome are weary after a rough night and need a refreshment:

ABC: ''Sir, very hungry..how about something to munch...please sir''. stomach growling

Cop: gives in after giving it a thought ''Well, then come on. Let us see what they have in the canteen''. Calls out to his colleague who joins them as well

Scene 4: The four lads have taken it upon themselves to improve their language and hence read the newspaper everyday, without fail!

Cop: ''Here is a newspaper to keep you interested...'' And keep the musketeers from driving them insane

XYZ: ''Can we have two more for my friends here...?''

HIJ ceases the opportunity and:

''Sir, I usually have morning coffee with my newspaper...''

ABC reminds HIJ that the morning business facilities are severely limited at the guest house and thus should limit his coffee and nicotine intake.

Last edited by MaserQ : 18th June 2008 at 14:31. Reason: Trying hard to post in Proper English
Old 18th June 2008, 14:35   #566
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Nice pix. Loved the curly head twins pic.

Sankar passed out in between. Who used the throne this time?
I didn't pass out dude. I had a premonition on the cop thing so i slept early
Old 18th June 2008, 14:35   #567
Senior - BHPian

Meanwhile, at the station, the guys are asked to give their names and addresses. When one of the names is mentioned, 2 of the cops freeze - they recognize the family name.

HIJ is out to have fun, and he gives the cops some vague address in Cochin. They say there is no such address, and he says no problem you go and check.

KLM is called and his address is way up in the north of India. KLM SMSs Ishaan before that with the message

"You're going to be my dad. I'm giving your Delhi number to the cops. Hindi mein baat karo."

The cops struggle to speak with KLM in Hindi. They're quite happy because he's from the north - "Oh we will get a chance to do an official visit to that place. I'll take my family along."

At which HIJ takes off "Sir you've never seen the Taj Mahal???"

And the discussion turns to Tourism.

XYZ is sleepy when he's called, and before he can say his name out he passes out in front of the cops, falling on one of them.

He is laid out on one of the benches and the boys request for one of the pedestal fans to be moved near him. They do that and XYZ starts snoring.

RST is called and they find that he works in the car industry. The cops writing down all this are interested. "Sir I'm planning to buy a Maruti 800. Which model should I take?"

RST immediately launches into a What Car lecture on the 800, Alto and Santro and the cops are spellbound. He even tells them there are killer deals available in the second hand market and they should talk to him before they buy a car - he can find them a good second hand sedan for the same price from True Value.

By now the cops are eating out of his hands. Its nearly 5.30 and the teashop boy comes over and the cops order 3 teas. "Make that 7 teas" says RST.

The boys pipe up from behind "And something to eat too - do you have bonda/vada or some other kadi (snack)? Bring some of that along too!"

Tea and some snacks arrive and the guys sit around chatting with the cops. KLM recommends better tyres on the kpbolero.

The SI comes around and informs them that they will have to pay the fine for the offence "Illegal Possession of Alcohol" (Rs.1,000 per head) and an FIR will be written out. A case will be registered in court, but they will manage it without the guys having to be present, so they need to pay Court Fees, Hearing Fees, etc.

An inventory is made of all the fees, and the cops add Rs.1000 for cost of diesel for the night's adventure to it. The total bill adds up to something like Rs.9,900 all inclusive.

Meanwhile, back at the resort, Ripper wakes up and decides its time for the promised mountain trek. He SMSs KLM

"I'm up and ready, shall we start trekking?"

KLM replies "We have already started trekking at 3.30 am. We have now reached the police station."

In a couple of minutes A S H V I N comes running into my room at the other resort - "ripper is on the phone. he says someone has been arrested"

I take the phone and an agitated ripper is on the line "Steer 4 guys have been arrested"

"I know. They havent been arrested, they've gone to the Police Station to negotiate"

"What happened, what do we do? Shall we go there?"

"Hang on, I'll come over and we can plan something out"

I quickly wash and change, making sure I remove all traces of alcohol from my breath. Then we ask A S H V I N to take a casual stroll outside and see if there are any cops posted outside. He confirms there are none, so ASHVIN and I take the Safari and drive up to the resort.

The resort's owner has arranged for someone to stand bail and he has 'talked' things out with the Dy SP. One of the chaps from the resort jumps in and we head out to the Peermade Police Station.

As we drive up to the Police Station we spy KLM sitting outside and having a smoke - cant be that bad if the guys are free to sit at the station gate and smoke, I thought.

Mansidea goes inside with RST and they discuss the settlement, meanwhile we call up Tadu and ask him to come over with a 2nd car as we need to transport people back.

Tadu comes in and says "What happened?" He cant understand why we didnt inform him and I realize that was the biggest bloody blunder - Tadu's family is quite influential in these places. His cousin laid the foundation stone for this police station! Its there - etched in Marble on the wall!

Anyway, we pay out the required $$$ and the guys come back to the resort with us. Edit: As of now, I've paid up the Rs.10k required for the purpose. One of the chaps will be in touch with all those attended shortly to discuss ways of sharing this figure.

After we go back, we ask the rest of the group whether we should now call off the drive or continue and the overwhelming response is "Lets go on!"

Last edited by Steeroid : 18th June 2008 at 14:54.
Old 18th June 2008, 14:52   #568
Senior - BHPian

phewww! thank god you guys were ok i gotto work now - havent touched the report i was supposed to prepare by 12pm.

unless there are more updates from you guys
Old 18th June 2008, 14:58   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyway, we pay out the required $$$ and the guys come back to the resort with us.
how can they charge you folks like that ? Is it the bail amount ?

It's also written the cops included the diesel charges .. diesel for their vehicles and for the raid that they conduct is paid for by the State Govt. How can they hold you responsible for ....

diesel charge ?

Last edited by lurker : 18th June 2008 at 14:59.
Old 18th June 2008, 14:59   #570
rippergeo

Quote:

Meanwhile, back at the resort, Ripper wakes up and decides its time for the promised mountain trek. He SMSs KLM

"I'm up and ready, shall we start trekking?"

KLM replies "We have already started trekking at 3.30 am. We have now reached the police station."

In a couple of minutes A S H V I N comes running into my room at the other resort - "ripper is on the phone. he says someone has been arrested"

I take the phone and an agitated ripper is on the line "Steer 4 guys have been arrested"

"I know. They havent been arrested, they've gone to the Police Station to negotiate"

"What happened, what do we do? Shall we go there?"

"Hang on, I'll come over and we can plan something out"
I'm always the last to find out

Anyways, I was with Mansidea as the 2nd witness to sign our 4 musketeers out.
Cop who was on day duty walks in with a glazed look on his face.
Day Duty cop-where did you get all that booze?
night shift- we caught these boys with it.
Day Duty-!!!! this much?!!!!!? but...the bottles are all empty!

I'm covering my mouth with both hands and trying my best not to guffaw!
No telling what the cops might do if I upset the decorum of the police station.

Manoj is looking at me from the corner of his eye, probably hoping that I dont mess things up.

I succeed in keeping quiet.

Night Duty- addressing manoj- Next time you guys come to kuttikanam, let us know. That resort is average. We'll show you the best places and even take you there. There are excellent scenic spots too.

Manoj smiles thinly.

Night Duty- Next time we want to join your celebrations.

I stagger out of the office room before I lose control completely.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed