Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2008, 18:33   #766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
There are some instances in life when we actually wish that the joy, happiness, fun, energy, laughs, gossips and that special feeling of togetherness lasts forever. But this ain't heaven yet, right? :(
Very true Zak.

quot
Yes, it was time we called it splits...

I felt very sad and nervous at that time. I met you guys for the 1st time. We were together just 1 day. And we had such a great time together. Then suddenly we are saying goodbye to each other !

Now, its already 2 weeks off from the meet, but it feels like just day before yesterday. Each and every moment of the meet is still in front of my eyes.

Thank you guys for everything .
Old 28th June 2008, 22:12   #767
BHPian

Zak - Lovely writing.

Srijit- Will mail you a couple of photos now.But, cant figure out how to attatch photos while mailing through the forum.

Guys , Sold off my lancer today.No special reason. Just came to Cochin for some reason and there was this guy[my friend's friend] who gave me a descent quote[3.75lakhs] . Received a token amount from him and the agreement and stuffs is written. Everything was fast and smooth. The guy who is buying this is a car enthusiast himself and he is running a shop near Kalamassery. Will handover the car to him in 3days or so.Feeling both happy and sad about it.Have lots of fond memories and some kind of emotional feeling towards this car.It was special.Cochin Bhpians can keep spotting this car now.

Cheers!

Last edited by Veelubai : 28th June 2008 at 22:16.
Old 28th June 2008, 22:53   #768
BHPian

But folks, i think veelubai forgot to tell you all something else by the way...He is going to get an Elantra in some time. Best of luck veelubai.
Old 28th June 2008, 22:53   #769
BHPian

Zak, that was very touching. Yes, as every meet to have an end/split, this one had too. Again 1000 times sorry for leaving without a proper bye bye. But as you stated, we had to drive a long way back, all were tired and sleeping/troubling with hangover, me the lonely driver coudn't wait anymore. But we have monsoons, winters, summers or whatever waiting for us. Let us drive again.

@Veelu - a big farewell to your beautiful lancer. And a great welcome to your new Elantra. Hope the new comer will be moving real fast an wild for next ride. Good choice of a neat car. Do post pics.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th June 2008 at 23:09. Reason: Posts merged. Please use EDIT. Thanks!
Old 28th June 2008, 23:12   #770
BHPian

Redfire - Yeah! I think what Vichu[naughty boy] said was a bit misleading to an extent. I didnt get an Elantra yet. I MAY get it, that too not sure.Some times I will get a smally hatch or an Elantra. Not come to a solid decision yet.
Old 28th June 2008, 23:14   #771
Senior - BHPian

The last and final shot of Redfire's car from the meet! It disappeared after that!
Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5601.jpg

What is Steer taking out from his pocket?? Ishan hopes the black label from last night came back, whereas, A S H V I N doesn't care what it is, but he wants it!!
Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5602.jpg

A few views, en route from kuttikanam to vagamon.

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5603.jpg

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5605.jpg

BomBatt's Sparky!

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5608.jpg

Last edited by JayD : 28th June 2008 at 23:24.
Old 28th June 2008, 23:21   #772
Senior - BHPian

The cars, on the way to SAJ Vagamon resort.
Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5609.jpg

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5610.jpg

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5612.jpg

We all wonder about the places Zak puts in his profile. Ever wondered why nobody's ever heard about most of them??, heres the reason!

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5615.jpg

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5616.jpg

Last edited by JayD : 28th June 2008 at 23:24.
Old 28th June 2008, 23:25   #773
BHPian

JayD - Nice pics.Keep them flowing .Good to see this thread active even after so many days.Guess that shows our spirit.
Old 28th June 2008, 23:28   #774
Senior - BHPian

Steer Sr in action while steer II looks on in admiration!
Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5561.jpg

I am verrry happy= I am verrry drunk!
Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5651.jpg

Last edited by JayD : 28th June 2008 at 23:31.
Old 28th June 2008, 23:29   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
There are some instances in life when we actually wish that the joy, happiness, fun, energy, laughs, gossips and that special feeling of togetherness lasts forever. But this ain't heaven yet, right? :(
Those are exactly the thoughts which went thru our minds after the lunch at Summersands.

Yes, it was time we called it splits.

Patchyboy & Bombatt with their life partners decides to leave. They had about 600kms of different terrains/roads to cover before they reach their homes. Shake hands, some nice parting words, goodbyes and slowly, the Spark follows the Palio stile out of the resort gate. We all shout wishing them a safe and happy journey ahead.

I'm now thinking where that Redfire and it's passengers got lost? I'm informed that they left when they saw that rough patch on the way to Vagamon heights. "scared of the rough patch???" I ask in disappointment. "They also had to do lots of driving and wanted to reach back before it gets too dark". These guys are going to get lots of very NICE thingys this evening.

Now, we do a round up of all the leftovers. We're just 6 cars now. Steer's Truck, CaliforniaKnight's Esteem, Veelu's Lancer, RipperGeo's Swift, my Qualis and Ram_PoduVAL's Verna.
It's time for us to go home too.

It's time for us to go home.
It's time for us to D R I V E back home.
Cochin, here we come. Our minds chant together.

And it begins.........
(now, keep an eye here to see and hear how it went).
What man... all senti?? All's well that ends well. Now lets all put in some hard work so that we can enjoy the next meet & the break to the brim!!

Kudos to the wonderful organising done by you & ripper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Steer Sr in action while steer II looks on in admiration!
Attachment 25022
Hey not Steer & Steer II more like Dr. Evil & Mini-Me

Xinome no offence

Last edited by Sankar : 28th June 2008 at 23:33.
Old 28th June 2008, 23:39   #776
Senior - BHPian

Ladies got a little sidelined when the booz started flowing....Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn4738.jpg

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn4739.jpg
Random pics of the party...Oh my!!! what a FLASH !! Nikon rocks :-p
Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn4728.jpg

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn4747.jpg

Last edited by kpzen : 28th June 2008 at 23:40.
Old 28th June 2008, 23:48   #777
Senior - BHPian

Dude from cochin who stays in an unheard location in cochin and works with plywood....
Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn4769.jpg

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn4770.jpg
Old 29th June 2008, 00:31   #778
BHPian

In that last photo, Tyrewala bhaiyyaji is thinking to himself, "Piya maine... chada isko!!!"
Old 29th June 2008, 00:44   #779
Senior - BHPian

Breaking News !

Detailed police investigation files from CSI Kuttikanam indicate that the real reason behind all the raids that night was the search for this pair of elusive lovers who had eloped from 2 different towns in Kerala:
Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn4782.jpg

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn4783.jpg

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn4784.jpg

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn4785.jpg

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn4786.jpg

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn4787.jpg

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn4788.jpg

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn4789.jpg
Old 29th June 2008, 03:01   #780
BANNED

My goodness!
I was just waiting for these pics to come up. They seemed to be in a world of their own and having a really serious conversation. No wonder this guy was repeatedly shouting around: "I remember my college days" etc..

He he he... Guys! It seems this thread will keep on running till the next drive/meet. There's no other way we can finish all the things we experienced in those 36hours or so. I always think I've reached my last post here but, even before I'm half way thru my typing, I remember many incidents which cannot be missed typing here. So, I'm forced to take a break and continue. Hope you guys understand.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed