Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2008, 03:49   #781
BANNED

Adios!!

We started with lots of spirit for this DRIVE. There was unlimited doses of energy, enthusiasm and passion when we kicked off from Sarovaram.
Close to 30 hours of various adventures later, we hadn't lost any bit of it. People who may have seen us would've thought us as we've just embarked on a trip. Each and every minute which passed made us go high and higher on energy levels.

Steer and his truck group leaves ahead of us all leading the pack. By the time we all started following him, he had reached the next town it seems. :(
I decided to be the navigator for the rest of us and we slowly climbed down the hills of Vagamon in a close convoy. After some initial slow driving thru some confusing junctions etc.. I gunned my throttle to some good, comfortable levels. Ripper and his Pete'd Swift was right behind me and others followed too.
Views on this route is out of the world. Breathtaking and simply jawdroppingly amazing. Many would've felt the need to go trigger happy with their Bazookas and canons etc.. But the thought of reaching our home town before dark kept us moving.
Innumerous waterfalls, little little cascades, greenery enveloped surroundings, misty mountain peaks, small rivers flowing along, sun smiling and at it's best glow, evening birds returning to their nests humming their evening songs, crickets performing their enduring karaoke, Wooaah!! All absorbed and melted into our hearts' deepness not to be forgotten in this lifetime.

As we almost reached the end of our descend, we found Steer and party parked in the side waiting for us. We all just whizzed past him and then, he followed us till the tea break.

Then onwards, it was a very relaxed drive as the hill roads had ended and now we were going thru rubber plantations. My wife try and explain to my children how rubber is sourced from the trees and various things regarding it. He kept on asking "then what, umma?". It reached a certain point where she had to explain some good uses of rubber in our lives. She was telling some boring stuff like erasers, ball, plastic products, etc.. He asks very nicely if our tires are made of rubber too? We get a shock! ! !
How did this fellow doubt that? We both have the same question in mind. Didn't have to stay confused long because he goes on saying that there were people in our group talking non stop about rubber and tires. So, he thought there should be something going on between these two. Yo! That's now some iRaghava&KP effect we can say.

First stop. Todupuzha!
It's coming.......
Old 29th June 2008, 09:20   #782
Senior - BHPian

That a nice trip and difficult to part. But good side is this is motivation for more such meets. This is good stuff.

Last edited by kutlee : 29th June 2008 at 09:26.
Old 29th June 2008, 10:44   #783
Senior - BHPian

I bet Xinome is gonna grow beard again, devadas!
Old 29th June 2008, 15:18   #784
BANNED

What about having 2 Devdas-as?
All the while, we thought it was the booze which did us in.
Old 30th June 2008, 13:01   #785
Senior - BHPian

Adding some off topic details:
I boarded Kingfisher flight to Trivandrum yesterday at 6:30 AM to attend a relatives wedding. My return flight is at 8:30 PM and I am wondering how to kill spare time – my Trivandrum friends are out of station – SAD!!

I checked into the hotel and slept peacefully until my relatives arrived from Ernakulam to pick me up. I reach the wedding hall to see a familiar green swift in the parking. The green coat on the swift looks great in real, the pictures are deceiving. After admiring the Swift I start looking for Zak.

I was happy to meet Zak and Irfan, another Team-BHPian. I leave the wedding party at 4:30 PM.

I get a call from Zak at 5:30 PM when I was almost asleep listening to ipod at the airport lounge. He comes to pick me up and we go to the parking lot in Veli – the first Trivandrum Team-BHP meet was held there. We are later joined by Sankar, Jay (Redfire) and Srijit. It was pleasure to meet you guys and thanks for a nice evening!!

We part at 7:15 and Zak drops me to Airport in fifteen minutes braving heavy traffic, obviously driving slowly - no wonder the traffic police shooted him with speed gun om the way to Hydra’s marriage.

It is a small world indeed!!
Old 30th June 2008, 13:12   #786
Senior - BHPian

It was nice to meet you too Shamil. I'm happy that we could provide you with a better evening than the boring airport lounge.
Old 30th June 2008, 13:24   #787
BHPian

Yeah, it was nice to meet you Shamil, even if it was for a brief while.

OT: Those were some big *** mosquitos down there at Veli.
Old 3rd July 2008, 23:06   #788
Senior - BHPian

PatienceWins; checked out the ICE in the Swift?

and since you guys missed monsoon during your drive

Old 4th July 2008, 12:14   #789
BHPian

Hey Shamil - it was nice meeting you too. It was a nice evening after all, as we gathered at CCD and had a good time chatting till 9:30 in the night.
Old 5th July 2008, 00:11   #790
BANNED

Guys!
We had been waiting a while for this. I wanted to actually finish the reports and get done with this thread much earlier. But when somebody is taking a good amount of time and effort for something good, it didn't sound nice to me to finish it off before that.

Yes! There are some souls who have worked out of their ways for this meet cum DRIVE. That too, well after the drive was over. So, let's all appreciate their efforts.

Didn't get it? :
We're ready with an amazing video specially made from different clips of this drive. Compilation is very good and it's time we all get to see it. Ain't it?
Yes! (that's a roar, I know).

It's being uploaded now and the link will be posted by the person who did all the work on this. Now, let me move out of the way and
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! Please welcome our in house VIDEO BUTCHER......
Old 5th July 2008, 00:14   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Guys!
We had been waiting a while for this. I wanted to actually finish the reports and get done with this thread much earlier. But when somebody is taking a good amount of time and effort for something good, it didn't sound nice to me to finish it off before that.

Yes! There are some souls who have worked out of their ways for this meet cum DRIVE. That too, well after the drive was over. So, let's all appreciate their efforts.

Didn't get it? :
We're ready with an amazing video specially made from different clips of this drive. Compilation is very good and it's time we all get to see it. Ain't it?
Yes! (that's a roar, I know).

It's being uploaded now and the link will be posted by the person who did all the work on this. Now, let me move out of the way and
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! Please welcome our in house VIDEO BUTCHER......
sankar or srijit or zak?

Kp; he bought a new one

Last edited by jkdas : 5th July 2008 at 00:29.
Old 5th July 2008, 00:23   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
sankar or srijit or zak?
Sankar??lol He doesn't even know how to burn CDs in his one year old laptop...
Old 5th July 2008, 01:32   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
PatienceWins; checked out the ICE in the Swift?
Yes, I was impressed with the ICE in the swift. I wanted to hear it after hearing good things about it in the Monsoon Drive thread.

Waiting for your beast to be ICEied, All the Best!!

Your drive was really a Monsoon drive. You seem to be making up for missing all the fun.

Video please. Let the show begin!!

Last edited by PatienceWins : 5th July 2008 at 01:43.
Old 5th July 2008, 01:43   #794
BHPian

Good Lord!! That Zak is fast. Maybe a bit too fast, he he. I doubt that he has seen the vid, cos it is not about cars. Well, ones that move anyway.

What is it about, you ask? You can find out from here.

ps: Its 50Mb reduced from RAW 8Gb

Next video should be done next week, I hope.
Old 5th July 2008, 02:09   #795
Senior - BHPian

Srijit - I'm downloading it now & it better not be about me!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks