Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 15:01   #571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
how can they charge you folks like that ? Is it the bail amount ?

It's also written the cops included the diesel charges .. diesel for their vehicles and for the raid that they conduct is paid for by the State Govt. How can they hold you responsible for ....

diesel charge ?
The cops in India can do anything. One has to be scared, very scared when dealing with them. 10000 bucks for 40 guys was a discount. If the cops wanted, they could have got much more. They are vultures in khaki.
Old 18th June 2008, 15:02   #572
Senior - BHPian

why didn't you good folks show the cops the team-bhp Monsoon Drive stickers on all cars. That would have clarified the thing for them right there.
Old 18th June 2008, 15:05   #573
Senior - BHPian

Obviously, you have never had a run in with the cops! It does not matter even if the bottles were empty. It would not have mattered even if Steer had sterilised those bottles. If the cops want to create trouble and somebody influential you know is not just around the corner, you are dead meat. Don't mess with cops and always humour them.
Old 18th June 2008, 15:17   #574
Senior - BHPian

The KPBOLERO !

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn4812-medium.jpg
Old 18th June 2008, 15:18   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
The cops in India can do anything. One has to be scared, very scared when dealing with them. 10000 bucks for 40 guys was a discount. If the cops wanted, they could have got much more. They are vultures in khaki.
Sorry - But I have to disagree here - hey mess with you only if you don't know the laws yourself. Sure they can cause you inconvenience - but you can cause them your share of the same too! There are some stories I can share - but that'd be OT here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
Obviously, you have never had a run in with the cops! It does not matter even if the bottles were empty. It would not have mattered even if Steer had sterilised those bottles. If the cops want to create trouble and somebody influential you know is not just around the corner, you are dead meat. Don't mess with cops and always humour them.

Believe me when I tell you - between all of us present in the resort you have NO idea how much influence could have been bought to bear. (like Steer pointed out - amongst other things Tadu's cousin laid the foundation stone for that PS!)The DSP would have turned into one extremely apologetic soul for a decade or so! BUT it was 3 am and there were families also around - hence perhaps this was the best way of dealing with it!

There is absolutely no rules against consumption of alcohol in a resort. In this case the entire resort was taken over by us - it can safely be argued that the bar was to have been set up in the lawn but the inclement weather forced us to move it into the porch. There may be rules against them serving but that is the resorts problem. And in this case they 'served' us nothing - it was all our own!

Illegal possession of alcohol?. Does that mean one cannot buy as much alcohol as one wants to - esp if its for his own consumption? Is there a limit?

Last edited by kb100 : 18th June 2008 at 15:24.
Old 18th June 2008, 15:22   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
BUT it was 3 am and there were families also around - hence perhaps this was the best way of dealing with it!
Exactly, and that was the whole issue. Plus there were out-of-station cars and stuff.

In the given circumstances, this was the only way we thought of. It is quite possible there were several other ways of handling the issue, but its over and theres nothing we can do about it.

Lets not debate needlessly.
Old 18th June 2008, 15:24   #577
Team-BHP Support

Humor works with KP is what i know from my experience, he he just brought back some sweet memories from back home. They are also human at the end of the day, and they know well to distinguish a real culprit from musketeers, its only a matter of wits to win them over. DySp variety is a diff breed, lets am not talking about them.

Again this was a very wise decision, whoever had the presence of mind and had the guts to volunteer, deserves a round of applause!

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th June 2008 at 15:25.
Old 18th June 2008, 15:26   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The SI comes around and informs them that they will have to pay the fine for the offence "Illegal Possession of Alcohol" (Rs.1,000 per head) and an FIR will be written out. A case will be registered in court, but they will manage it without the guys having to be present, so they need to pay Court Fees, Hearing Fees, etc.
complete and utter Bovine Excreta of the smelliest kind!
Old 18th June 2008, 15:28   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

Lets not debate needlessly.
Duh -- No one is debating Steer - I was merely explaining things to the two ppl whose posts I quoted

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
complete and utter Bovine Excreta of the smelliest kind!
completely!

Last edited by kb100 : 18th June 2008 at 15:30.
Old 18th June 2008, 15:30   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Duh -- No one is debating Steer - I was merely explaining things to the two ppl whose posts I quoted
You need not explain anything here. I know what I said and I stick by it.
Old 18th June 2008, 15:33   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You need not explain anything here. I know what I said and I stick by it.
Sumit - I never said you were wrong anywhere - request you to please go thru that post again.

And we are talking about 'KP' here - Kerala Police - something I know very well.

Last edited by kb100 : 18th June 2008 at 15:35.
Old 18th June 2008, 15:33   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I think too many people have been giving "nazar" of late, ever since he put his pics up on the Scorpio thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I was also thinking of the same thing. Maybe it has something to do with too many people (including me) admiring that Scorp. Manoj, maybe you should hang one of those "Buri nazar waale, tera mooh kaala" board with the hideous mug that you see behind trucks in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I am also guilty of having placed my nazar on that Scorp.
it has nothing to do with Nazar or the manufacturer. It happened just due to my irresponsbile driving.

Since, i changed to the new set of rubbers, i did it quite a few times after a late dinner (you know what i mean), in isolated hilly roads, when no cars are accompanying. When Steer took his safari out, i thought its another drive & this time i had few unfortunates who joined in the last minute. I am sorry. I know, it would've spoiled the whole D R I V E & thank God, no one is hurt & my ride will be back within a couple of days as there is no major damage. Thanks to all those who called & PMed. I repeat, it has nothing to do with the CAR.

when somebody called to ask whether they can put the pics in thread, i could sense the excitement & i said YES. Now we have a beautiful story & I too enjoyed it with all the spices added to it.

Zak, Ishan, Louis & Ram. DRIVE showed the beauty of organising a trip. You guys have done a great job, especially the finance minister.

Santhosh, Hats off to you. its a great write up. Now with so many Bazookas, where are the rest of the pics?
Old 18th June 2008, 15:35   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Sumit - I never said you were wrong anywhere - request you to please go thru that post again.
I also agree to what you said but in the present scenario, what the people present there did was perfect. If you talk to the cops with a little confidence, they generally have a different behavior.
Old 18th June 2008, 15:42   #584
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
why didn't you good folks show the cops the team-bhp Monsoon Drive stickers on all cars. That would have clarified the thing for them right there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
Quote:
Sorry - But I have to disagree here - hey mess with you only if you don't know the laws yourself. Sure they can cause you inconvenience - but you can cause them your share of the same too! There are some stories I can share - but that'd be OT here.

Believe me when I tell you - between all of us present in the resort you have NO idea how much influence could have been bought to bear. (like Steer pointed out - amongst other things Tadu's cousin laid the foundation stone for that PS!)The DSP would have turned into one extremely apologetic soul for a decade or so! BUT it was 3 am and there were families also around - hence perhaps this was the best way of dealing with it!

There is absolutely no rules against consumption of alcohol in a resort. In this case the entire resort was taken over by us - it can safely be argued that the bar was to have been set up in the lawn but the inclement weather forced us to move it into the porch. There may be rules against them serving but that is the resorts problem. And in this case they 'served' us nothing - it was all our own!

Illegal possession of alcohol?. Does that mean one cannot buy as much alcohol as one wants to - esp if its for his own consumption? Is there a limit?
Quote:
I also agree to what you said but in the present scenario, what the people present there did was perfect. If you talk to the cops with a little confidence, they generally have a different behavior.
In India cops can do anything they want. We even have a law "Roaming under suspicious circumstances".
This was the best way to diffuse the situation, esp since there were families involved.
Of course you can fight in court, but once a FIR is registered, and you spend years circling courts etc., your whole life is ruined.
The Indian Judicial system is geared to serve the police, and not the citizen.

anyways hats of to the 4 musketeers.
I hope no FIR was lodged on paper.
If a criminal case is registerd lots of things like VIsa/job etc., get in jeopardy.
Old 18th June 2008, 15:44   #585
Senior - BHPian

I cant describe it and what a wonderful team guys.Steer you should start with a script writing career for sure Buddie.I was in office and in the selling area computer and was laughing like hell.Cant complain if my reception told me whether we need to call the doc.lol.Steer the best script i have read so far and what a write up Buddie.
ram
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks