Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 19:18   #601
Distinguished - BHPian

Beautiful pics. As if the story wasnt enough, these pics are making me miss the d.r.i.v.e

That was a mini-turkey. Not the original one !
Old 18th June 2008, 19:37   #602
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Haven't had the time to go thru all of the meet report. But I would like to thank zakko, ram and rippergeo for organizing this wonderful meet. It was fun meeting up with you all. We ought to do this more often.

I would also like to thank Tadu for being kind enough to take us to the destination the long way around . This drive is probably the best twisties section I have done till date. I would also like to thank brraj, satya and tadu for letting me ride with them and drive their cars too. All in all it was a wonderful meet.

Cant type more. Got my final exams going on. Will hand over the pics and vids from my camera to Jay or someone.

Thanks a ton for everyone who made it to this meet. It was a pleasure meeting you all.
Old 18th June 2008, 20:26   #603
BANNED

You guys want some pics???

Let me try and put some shots here. These are first pics from my side.

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5535-medium.jpg
Smooth roads! These are some beautiful piece of tarmac to be laid in whole Kerala.

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5534-medium.jpg
Be very careful of these kinda hazards though! They come, they bully you, they make their way! If you don't adjust, then kaalamaadan arrives!

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5538-medium.jpg
A view of Moolamattom from Naadukaani viewpoint. This is where Kerala's 80 percent of electricity is made.

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5540-medium.jpg
This is what we call M.A.S.S! Service even from the mountain tops!

Name:  DSCN5541 Medium.JPG
Views: 958
Size:  73.2 KB
No entry signs for no use! Is somebody going to drive off the cliff???? Maybe if Steer gets on the MOOD. Ezee123 is is capturing some good shots in his Bazooka!

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5542-medium.jpg
Line up of cars at Naadukaani. Woaaaah...... We've seen this before, right???
Old 18th June 2008, 20:28   #604
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
We ought to do this more often.

Hehehe. I think I've had enough fun and excitement to last a few months.
BTW mclaren, now that we've organised a meet, we shall now wait for you to organise one of your track days at CBE.

After the events of the night, I thought there would be a very few people wanting to continue the DRIVE.

I was wrong!

I remember steer standing at the resort porch and asking whether we should continue. the roar "CONTINUE" was pretty heart warming.

we set off again.
Off to vagamon.

I was on sweeper duty and watching veelubhai's venerable old lancer taking corners marvelously.
this drive was through tea estate roads, and though narrow, the surfaces were smooth.

overtaking non- D R I V E traffic was easy. much easier than trying to overtake when you're driving solo.

People unconsciously make way for Convoys with flashy red stickers and loud exhausts.

we reached vagamon meadows in quick time. waded through some puddles and then looked at a large number of cars parked by the road side.
people were staring at us as we passed them and carried on up the dirt road.

I soon found out why.

We had reached our off roading track.
Steer disappeared as usual, making short work of the medium sized rocks strewn across the road.(Showoff!!!)

redfire had stopped his car and asked me to pass.
I looked back in the RVMs and saw him making a 3 point turn.

all cars except zak's and steer's gingerly made their way across the rocks, and i seemed to have the most trouble, because of all the torque that was being dumped at the front wheels at 2000rpm.

I managed to get across with some nifty spotting by my passengers and without any underbody damage.

the car reeked of burnt rubber(or was it clutch?)

after all this drama and risking damage to the car, we reach the restaurant, which was closed because customers had'nt been able to get there in a long time.

Drove back down, stopped at Summer Sands hotel where we had lunch and recapped the previous nights events.

we were sitting at the center table and laughing so much that the other customers were looking at us like we were insane.

Pic below was shot at Vagamon meadows
Attached Thumbnails
Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-img_4386-copy.jpg  

Last edited by rippergeo : 18th June 2008 at 20:38.

Old 18th June 2008, 20:31   #605
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Lewis, no more track days from my side till year end. Prefer nature watching instead.
Old 18th June 2008, 20:37   #606
Senior - BHPian

Great meet guys!

Steer, you have talent! Wonderful narration there!

Hats off to ABC, DEF, GHI & XYZ (whoever they were) for taking the risk for the others!

And to the organizers - beautiful, just beautiful! :-)
Old 18th June 2008, 20:55   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I managed to get across with some nifty spotting by my passengers and without any underbody damage.

the car reeked of burnt rubber(or was it clutch?)

In your case, it was unmistakably the smell of a fried clutch, medium-rare to well-done.

Last edited by Steeroid : 18th June 2008 at 21:06.
Old 18th June 2008, 21:10   #608
BHPian

Redfire's car was the 2nd in line to tackle the off-road road. We were watching Zak with his rear wheel drive Qualis inch his way up the incline. We hear a "shhhhhhh" noise and instantly roll up our windows.
Steer's Safari roars past us, A S H V I N laughing maniacally from the shotgun seat. They drive through a puddle and we see a reenactment of the Tata Safari advertisement. By the time the water has settled, Zak is midway up the slope, and Steer is at the top, out of his Safari and waving to us.

Last edited by srijit : 18th June 2008 at 21:11.
Old 18th June 2008, 21:19   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
We hear a "shhhhhhh" noise and instantly roll up our windows.
Damn! That Green Storm must be really loud outside - the intake is at the grille so we dont get intake noise inside.
Old 18th June 2008, 21:27   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Damn! That Green Storm must be really loud outside - the intake is at the grille so we dont get intake noise inside.
Thank God. Otherwise A S H V I N's laughter would have been entirely justified
Old 18th June 2008, 22:02   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

Hehehehe..... Steer you almost had us there. I hear your turbo whistle combined with the green and i take a peek in the passenger rear view mirror and see your beast approaching us through the slush and the mud like a charging bull! And i quickly told redfire and srijit "PULL UP THE WINDOWS PULL UP THE WINDOWS" And they manage it just in time and we're saved. That was one sight though; and who could forget Ashvin's laughter

Jay didn't want to risk redfire's underbelly on the rocks. The car is lower than stock as tyres are of the wrong profile.

Last edited by Sankar : 18th June 2008 at 22:07.
Old 19th June 2008, 00:23   #612
BHPian

Steer - Wonderful writing skills.

Like steer said only my stunts and the unexpected[for most of us] off- roading are left out now.

My case happend soon after we started off from Sarovaram , as we started moving in a descent pace the curves ,tires etc everything tempted me to take the corners faster and faster.Acutally I was quite comfortable with it.No Sweat!. This worked out quite fine for a few of them but there was this sharp corner which I decided to take quite fast[around 100 I guess] and suddenly I found things hairy and gave a damn hard stab on the brakes and the tyres got locked and it was like hell got broke. Everyone in the car was like What the **** is happening...the car was going SIDEWAYS, thank god I didnt hit the bus which was parked in a bus stop. By seeing this Steer obviously got pissed off and even I was feeling damn bad about about it . but steer was kind enough to pacify me and he even asked me to take the wheel again.Sorry Xionome ,JayD,Vichu for those hairy moments. It was a one of its kind experience, will always keep this in mind.

Guys, it isint all over . As soon as the this happend the whole place was filled with smoke , thats what the guys in the truck who were behind said and Xinome who was with me started blaming the michelin pp tyres I had big time but our resident tyre gurus[Kpzen& iraghava ] came and checked out and they claim that if it wasn't for those tyres and my car[lancer] things would have gone serious.Guess

There was like 2mm rubber I suppose which I decided to shed on the ground and even managed to make a flat spot. A few members were actually kind enough to offer me advice how to erase that flat spot and when I heard their suggetions , I was like OMG!!! Suggetions were hard cornering ,burnout , wheelspins and what not!!

Guys, my car is perfect now and the got the alignment , rotation everything done and its perfect.The coolant leak is also just some broke n seal[very minor job].Also got the fog lamps fitted. They were resting in my boot during the DRIVE where it was really needed.lol.

The of roading part warrants a detail explanation actually.It was quite an experience by itself. I was happy pondering around in my second gear most of the time, thanks to the Lancer's decent low end torque.

Let me also testify what steer said about the best driverof the DRIVE - California knight. He was awesome!Everything from his cornering and hand brake turns[especially infront of the kpbolero] was too good. He was also considerate to drive along with me from Thrissur and back. Everyone were awsome in their own respective ways but just that I thought CK's driving warranted a special applause.

Had a great time with you guys and hope to attend more of these "MEET'S".

OT :Had a small MEET today as Vichu finally came all the way to Alleppey to take his bag and he came in a RWD and went back in a AWS ...ehh I they were called Bus. & Train. lol.
Old 19th June 2008, 00:25   #613
BANNED

Some more bits and pieces!

Huh! What a shame!!!! This thread has been quiet for the last 1-2 hours!

Year: 2008. Month: June. Day: Sunday 15th. Time: 10:30am or so.
It seems like there has been a lot of bangings on my room door other than the continous pressing of that craaaappppppeeeeee sounding door bell. My sons are wondering what kind of ICE setup does this room have although they try and dance to the tune. My wifey tries all her best to get me back on my true senses. I repeat to her in bits and pieces that I am not one of the culprits and tell them to go away. I'm in no way interested in going to a police station, lockup is a long far possibilty. She should be very confused (later I had to cook up lotsa stories to make up for this).
She tries to pour cold water in my eyes and I shake up and get slowly down to planet earth. Phew!!! I'm still stuck up at this horrible piece of land. I check my phone and I hear my better half telling me (shouting??) that it has been ringing for the last couple a hours.

I get up and walk to the door to find RipperGeo on the door and he, very calmly tries to make me understand that everybody is back from the KP division and I should get ready so that we can leave together. Man!!!! I wanted to tell him to please leave and I'm going to fall in love with my bed once again. I turn back and see my wife ready and standing with the car keys. DAMN!!! I look at the kids and they're in the mood of POGAAAM too. Oh! I am the loser here. I have to brush my teeth, wash my body and I set off outside. I decide to do nothing and walk out as it is and I find this.

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5585-medium.jpg
This man is always hooked. Some way or the other, he finds a method to get his laptop online.

I look around and I find people are having tea, breakfast, coffee etc... Some are out jumping and doing different things onto their rides. Nobody seems to have any effect of last night's events. Was it hidden from them?? nobody was given any hint of it?? I'm confused. I soon get all updated onto my senses that it has been discussed in detail to all and everybody has understood what all has happened and given the choice, everybody is ready to continue on the drive rather than breaking it now! WoW!!!

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5586-medium.jpg
A beautiful way to see the morning.

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5592-medium.jpg
MONSOON DRIVE!! Even the Palio is not spared.

Monsoon DRIVE - Kochi-dscn5591-medium.jpg
My kid is ready and waiting too.

Nay!!! That poori masala thingy isn't my cup of tea! I have my good doses of drinking water and a 2 cups of black tea. I'm feeling that I'm finally awake. I walk back to my room and get ready as soon as possible. This time my mind is too calm and comfortable after the KAALA raathri! (English translation please???).
Old 19th June 2008, 00:36   #614
BHPian

ZAk - "KAALA RATHRI " I think means OX NIGHT in english .But IAm just wondering whats the FE of the kpbolero because they charged Rs1000 for diesel , right?
Old 19th June 2008, 02:20   #615
BANNED

Yes. That can be a good description befitting our late night visitors. Ox, eh?

What happened to the ticket booking via GPRS phones for the cops? Was he too sacred of the 2day stopover at Bihar or what? LOL!!

Guys, I'm laughing M.A out now. But you all should've seen my face when that dy Sp was very much insisting me on joining the trip in the bling bling Bolero. I had to work many ways and the 4 musketeers did a good job in getting my head out of that.

One musketeer was given special treatment at the police station after he tried to get himself collapsed there. Lucky fella fell on an unlucky constable who couldn't bare that weight and fell down with him. Otherwise, he would've suffered some kinda injury. Oh my god! Am I really dreaming? No! No! We actually went thru this. It's hard to believe! LOL!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks