Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2008, 03:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

The NCR "Whocanitbe, Gayab Guruji & which tin can is KD hiding in??" Meet report!

So guys, finally after mucho discussions on the thread we managed to meet on Friday night! I reached late as I got stuck in a jam but Suman, Ashthedivx, etc. were there on time as usual! Initially the turnout was low & we thought that we might just not be able to meet the minimum 20 people guarantee given to the pub! But by & by 24 people turned up & there was no issue!

A lot of the regulars & confirmed members were missing in action with the main ones being Gayab Guruji who was fit enough to come to office all week & drive back but on calls of him "footing" the bill as his birthday treat he suddenly developed some foot problems! Now since the "Guru" was not attending how could the Chela turn up? So Pankaj also decided to give the meet a slip!

Then there was KD who disappeared, again! Suman, had a theory of where he got stuck, maybe he can relay it again here!! And quite a few other people who confirmed did not turn up for the meet! The Mountain boy also had some urgent work crop up at his farm where the poor man had to spend the rest of the evening getting tired watching the KXIP match while drinking chilled KF's!! Don't fret Khaadu, we all missed you at the meet!

Anyway, it was good fun to meet some of the old guys & a lot of the new guys! Over all it was a good fun meet with loads of laughs as usual! I'll let the few pictures I took do the talking:

The gathering!
The NCR "Whocanitbe, Gayab Guruji & which tin can is KD hiding in??" Meet report!-img_8652-medium.jpg

The NCR "Whocanitbe, Gayab Guruji & which tin can is KD hiding in??" Meet report!-img_8653-medium.jpg

L to R: Autopsyche, rchimni, Paneet71, Metropolis, Suman
The NCR "Whocanitbe, Gayab Guruji & which tin can is KD hiding in??" Meet report!-img_8654-medium.jpg

Lots of newbies!
The NCR "Whocanitbe, Gayab Guruji & which tin can is KD hiding in??" Meet report!-img_8655-medium.jpg

And more!
The NCR "Whocanitbe, Gayab Guruji & which tin can is KD hiding in??" Meet report!-img_8657-medium.jpg

Some new & old chaps!
The NCR "Whocanitbe, Gayab Guruji & which tin can is KD hiding in??" Meet report!-img_8658-medium.jpg

LBM makes a guest appearance!
The NCR "Whocanitbe, Gayab Guruji & which tin can is KD hiding in??" Meet report!-img_8659-medium.jpg

Yes, yes, there was some serious conversation too! (Supposedly!!)
The NCR "Whocanitbe, Gayab Guruji & which tin can is KD hiding in??" Meet report!-img_8661-medium.jpg

The NCR "Whocanitbe, Gayab Guruji & which tin can is KD hiding in??" Meet report!-img_8662-medium.jpg

The NCR "Whocanitbe, Gayab Guruji & which tin can is KD hiding in??" Meet report!-img_8663-medium.jpg

Stay tuned for more pictures including those of the "Special Edition" Esteem!

Last edited by iraghava : 27th May 2008 at 03:14.
Old 27th May 2008, 04:05   #2
BANNED

Woaaaah!!???
Another good meet it seems.

It's nice to see some faces to the nicknames we see here. Also good to remember all the good friends whom we have met.

Next time, don't forget to post a soundclip of our very own ASHTHEDIVX!!!!!

Where is the special edition Iraghava's picture??? Want to see him after the latest vertical developments! LOL!!!

Last edited by speedzak : 27th May 2008 at 04:06.
Old 27th May 2008, 10:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice crisp report Ishan & some good pics to start the ball rolling. As Ishan mentioned, there were a few who were majorly "enthu" as far as posting on the earlier thread was concerned but decided to "DIVE OUT" for reasons best known to them. Which is why the new "theme" in the title.

We finally finally figured it all out - the Esteem wanted to get out of the "clutch"es of certain heavyweights which is why it refused to move.....but more on that later!

It was really good to see a lot of the newer members who took the trouble on making it for the meet - thanks guys & a toast to you allcheers:. We look forward to seeing you in all our future meets.

Thanks to those who spend hours in the traffic to make it to the meet (especially those coming from Gurgaon & other corners). Our latest NCR resident (Rchimni) made it as well, courtesy Praneet giving him a ride in the famous E-zen, thanks mates!

Polka turned out to be a rockin' place as the night wore on - service was a little slow initially but picked up later. Thanks Girish & Ishan for setting it up & for Ashish (Ashthedivx) for making the "deposit" that made it happen

It was good to meet up with the regulars & I'm proud to say that I think the NCR meets have reached a point where we are not dependant on one or two persons alone to make it a success. We have enough now to keep us going even when the gyan daatas & others fail to make it.

GD, I hope your foot is recovered now. Pankaj, this must be the longest 45 minutes on record LOL - started at 8 pm on Friday when you sms-ed me that you were on your way to the meet & till 12.30 am on Saturday there were no signs of you finally making it. As far as KD is concerned, the symptoms of not making it were there all along - strangely silent from Thursday on! And last but not least, there was one member who was supposed to "walk down" for the meet - we waited & waited & waited but to no avail.

Anyway, the drinks flowed, the starters were munched, the music was loud, the lighting was good & the KXIP vs DC match had everyone rockin'. Oh yes, we had a good dinner too (I hope my Veg brethren did manage some nourishment). And finally made our way back in the early hours of the morning.

After hearing the awesome exhaust note of the GTO of the NCR - thanks to Arush. So, see you guys soon, I hope, look forward to a June Jamboree now!

Last edited by suman : 27th May 2008 at 10:10.
Old 27th May 2008, 10:23   #4
BHPian

So So Sorry Friends that I was not able to make to the meet. Yeah Suman Da, it was indeed longest 45 minutes or you can say longest moments to get back to Chandigarh. I was on my way , was close to South-Ex & got a call from my family that my Dad has been hospitalized for severe chest pain in afternoon. I rushed back to chandigarh & meanwhile the cell battery died so was not able to inform you. I really regret missing you all, but being on side of my dad was more important.
Anyways nice pics Ishan.
Old 27th May 2008, 10:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear that Pankaj, I assume things are under control now?
Old 27th May 2008, 10:50   #6
BHPian

Nice report Ishaan and Suman Dada.
It was my first meet and boy o boy it was fun, was pleasure to meet you all and the experience inside LBM's car was out of this world!!

Waiting for the rest of the pics Ishaan.
Old 27th May 2008, 10:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

Pictures are good and congrats on a good gathering. Sorry for not being able to make it because of a foot problem but will not take this slander lying down. Couldn't avoid office hence was coming daily in shorts and feeling miserable.

Was in the office on 23rd till about 6 and the heart was willing but the body was not. But it is very heartening to know that I was being missed. I didn't want to do this, but am forced to post a pic of my damaged foot, that is now healing. The small lesions as they appear in the pic were big blisters and the whole foot below knee was swollen and red. Remember this happened on 19th and I was literally hobbling the entire week.

The NCR "Whocanitbe, Gayab Guruji & which tin can is KD hiding in??" Meet report!-dscf0001.jpg

I hope you all shall sympathise with the situation and understand the real reason of my not being able to make it.. And Suman - Et tu Brutus...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
A lot of the regulars & confirmed members were missing in action with the main ones being Gayab Guruji who was fit enough to come to office all week & drive back but on calls of him "footing" the bill as his birthday treat he suddenly developed some foot problems! Now since the "Guru" was not attending how could the Chela turn up? So Pankaj also decided to give the meet a slip!
Pankaj, hope your Dad is ok and nothing serious. Keep us updated..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
So So Sorry Friends that I was not able to make to the meet. Yeah Suman Da, it was indeed longest 45 minutes or you can say longest moments to get back to Chandigarh. I was on my way , was close to South-Ex & got a call from my family that my Dad has been hospitalized for severe chest pain in afternoon. I rushed back to chandigarh & meanwhile the cell battery died so was not able to inform you. I really regret missing you all, but being on side of my dad was more important.
Anyways nice pics Ishan.

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th May 2008 at 17:35.
Old 27th May 2008, 11:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

@Pankaj : Hope your dad recovers quickly. Hows he now?
@Gd bhai : What happened?
Old 27th May 2008, 11:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

As usual nice pics by our own in-house AIO Ishaan... Meeting started with a bollywood kinda sequence where-in it flowed like..

7:30 PM
Me and Metropolis reached the venue hoping to see some early faces, but we had to settle our selfs with some smart waitresses roaming around for sitting arrangement. Called up Suman "I am on the near to venue", Called up Ishaan "I am on the way"

8:00 PM
Suman showed up. Calling session started. Called many confirmed people some picked, some even didn't bothered to picked. Eventually apology sms started pouring on suman's good old treo. We eventually started thinking different ways of torturing the confirmed ditchers

8:30 PM
We three were still anxiously looking at the every new entrant in the polka's premise, hoping he will ask for team-bhp !! Revved_up showed away.

8:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Most of the confirmed-unconfirmed guys started showing up, many new faces which usually aren't present on regular meet along with many new entrants showed up.

While enjoying the fun i didn't looked at my watch after 9:30.... but it was a rocking meet as usual..

Suman, Ishaan & Girish - Kudos for getting the arrangements and gathering so many different head over in one place.

Manish & Shashank - As usual, nice chaps !!

Arush & Praneet -Nice to meet one of the first guy i met on team-bhp after a long time. Had a nice talk with Arush regarding the Abix's car. Not to mention.. GTO is a car to die for.

Yayaati and Smokin - Had a very detailed talk with yayaati and smokin on their flame thrower project. NO WAY i am going to get it installed in my optra, it is a luxury car and let it be !!

LBM - Missed the KT and BT session after the meet.

Guru's and chela's was sured a thing which we missed..

As a topping to make the meet more sweetener we had a live telecast of the ongoing match...

All in all a show which can be stated as another gem in the line-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva
Anyways nice pics Ishan.
Sorry to hear for the same mate, how are the things going on ??
Old 27th May 2008, 11:30   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Sorry to hear that Pankaj, I assume things are under control now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Pankaj, hope your Dad is ok and nothing serious. Keep us updated..
Yeah GD Bhai & Suman Da, Dad is just fine , he got home yesterday.

GD Bhai, that blister is looking bad , must be hurting. Get well soon sir

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th May 2008 at 17:35. Reason: Fixed end quote
Old 27th May 2008, 11:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

Good pics - finally uploaded !! Looks like everyone enjoyed .

GD ji - Hope your leg recovers soon.

Pankaj - Hope your Dad is fine now.
Old 27th May 2008, 11:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Next time, don't forget to post a soundclip of our very own ASHTHEDIVX!!!!!
Anything special with mine soundclip ?? However, call me if i can help you any how !!

Quote:
Pictures are good and congrats on a good gathering. Sorry for not being able to make it because of a foot problem but will not take this slander lying down. Couldn't avoid office hence was coming daily in shorts and feeling miserable.

Was in the office on 23rd till about 6 and the heart was willing but the body was not. But it is very heartening to know that I was being missed. I didn't want to do this, but am forced to post a pic of my damaged foot, that is now healing. The small lesions as they appear in the pic were big blisters and the whole foot below knee was swollen and red. Remember this happened on 19th and I was literally hobbling the entire week.

Attachment 17428

I hope you all shall sympathise with the situation and understand the real reason of my not being able to make it.. And Suman - Et tu Brutus...!!!
Oopss.. lesions looks in bad shape... Hope to have early recovery !!

However, you didn't need to post any pic to support your reason for not attending the meet.

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th May 2008 at 17:52. Reason: Please use multiquote option instead of making back to back posts
Old 27th May 2008, 11:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 17428

Is its your arm or your leg. How did your manage to keep your leg on the table and click the photo?. Is the keyboard in focus or the leg. Are the bisters that bad ? How did they happened ?

Get well soon.
Old 27th May 2008, 12:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

gd, where did you plonk your feet into ? I am sure you have a nice line for that too.

Seriously, that looks bad, hope you are ok now.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 27th May 2008 at 12:05.
Old 27th May 2008, 12:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

Sardar, teri samajh mein nahin aayega... I wish my arm was that thick & muscular. Would have given Khali a run for his money. I had to draw on all my gymnastic experience to lift my aching leg and put it on the table and then hold the camera and focus. Unfortunately the KB got focussed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Is its your arm or your leg. How did your manage to keep your leg on the table and click the photo?. Is the keyboard in focus or the leg. Are the bisters that bad ? How did they happened ?

Get well soon.
I had gone to the pedicurist to get a foot massage. Now that sweet little thing was doing it very nicely and with all the nasty thoughts in mind I dozed off. When I woke up the next thing I know was that there was a burning sensation. (Where, that I won't tell you). Rest is history..

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
gd, where did you plonk your feet into ? I am sure you have a nice line for that too.

Seriously, that looks bad, hope you are ok now.

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th May 2008 at 17:53. Reason: Pleas use Multi Quote option instead of making back to back posts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks