Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2008, 07:39   #1
BHPian

Calling Bangy BHPians

Guys,

There is a mega meet planned by Kerala buddies at Kuttikanam in Kerala on 14th and 15th June. Check this out:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...v-e-kochi.html

From Bangy Bombatt and his wife, me and my wife are doing this drive for the meet. Anyone else interested in joining us?

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 6th June 2008, 07:55   #2
BHPian

Too short a notice! wont be able to make it :(
Old 6th June 2008, 10:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Patchyboy, its a long thread to read there and since you must have read already.

Can you summarize the route and plan from Bangalore with distances and I saw your name only for the 2nd day on that thread !!.
Old 6th June 2008, 10:30   #4
BHPian

Very good dadu! You planning to drive down and let loose the beast in all his glory?
Old 6th June 2008, 11:32   #5
BHPian

Dadu,

Sure. Here is the plan

Start from Bangy at 4.00 AM on 14th, Saturday

Route:

B'lore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Salem - Dindigul - Kumily - Kuttikanam

The distance is approx 525 kms. Should be able to do in about 10 hours. We spend the evening / night with Kerala TBhpians.

15th Morning drive plan is:

Kuttikkanam - Vagamon - Todupuzha - Muvattupuzha - Vytilla

However, I guess that we Bangy BHPians can part ways on Sunday morning and drive back to Bangy. Return route options are:

1. Same as the route we took when going
2. Get a bit adventurous and take:

Kuttikanam - Kumali - Munnar - Udumalaipet - Avinashi - Annur - Sathyamangalam - Chamrajnagar - Bangy.

The second route would involve a lot of Ghat driving and is likely to take 12 - 14 hours. I guess we can decide on that in discussion with other Bangy guys.

Accomodation is being arranged in a tea estate in Kuttikanam. Cost per room is 1800. Possiblities of twin sharing or three people is open.

You need to confirm your participation with Rippergeo. Send a PM/SMS to him with the following details:

TBHP handle
Dietary preference Veg/Non-Veg

Let me know if you need more details.

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 6th June 2008, 13:44   #6
BHPian

Sounds tempting...but I am not confident of driving for 10+ hours for two consecutive days :(
I am going to give it a pass.
Old 6th June 2008, 17:35   #7
BHPian

Hey Patchboy, spoke to Ripper in the morning and he mentioned this. I'am trying to come, not sure though. The next week is likley to be pretty dynamic for me. will confirm towards the early half of next week. Just in case-Where are you planning to meet up in teh mroning before take off?
Oh and i will be alone.
Old 6th June 2008, 19:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

Its too much of a travel for a single night stay and that too after a weeks work and for the oncoming week at work.

I'll drop out of this one guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Very good dadu! You planning to drive down and let loose the beast in all his glory?

Last edited by dadu : 6th June 2008 at 19:40.
Old 6th June 2008, 22:23   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, we had done this with the Monsoon Drive 2007. Distance was less than 400 km, and it worked fine. 525 km will mean we reach there by about 3 pm. And after a near full night up, driving back for a second straight day will be quite hectic.

Not that I am not tempted.
Old 6th June 2008, 22:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

I have been following the thread for the last 2~3 days and read the entire post. The energy and the enthusiasm displayed by the guys for the meet is great!

But as Dadu and Condor said, driving all the way there for another drive and then drive back - and I am sure I, if coming, I will have my family along with me - would be a killer! And that too after and before a working week!

Sorry, not me this time!
Old 6th June 2008, 23:30   #11
BHPian

Guys,

I am going anyway. My wife is with me. I am only forty four years young and usually work only 14 hours a day. I guess I am good enough to do this. I essentially want to do this, so that I can attack the next work week with greater vigour.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 9th June 2008, 15:42   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Guys,

I am going anyway. My wife is with me. I am only forty four years young and usually work only 14 hours a day. I guess I am good enough to do this. I essentially want to do this, so that I can attack the next work week with greater vigour.
All the best Rajan, wish I could have joined you. It will be too hectic and paralyze my next week's work. Enjoy the drive and do post the pics after you come back.
Old 9th June 2008, 16:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I am only forty four years young and usually work only 14 hours a day. I guess I am good enough to do this. I essentially want to do this, so that I can attack the next work week with greater vigour. ....
Wow ! I admire your spirit of adventure, PatchyBoy

Have a wonderrful drive to the Kerala monsoon drive/meet and back.

I have also been following that thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...v-e-kochi.html , and would definitely enjoy that kind of a drive. But not in a position to join now.
Old 9th June 2008, 22:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Cheers,

Rajan
I admire your spirit. If I join, I would be sleeping in office on Monday, maybe even Tuesday.

Have a nice trip. enjoy!!
Old 9th June 2008, 23:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone want to drive a refurbished 1956 Landmaster down to CBE from Bangalore? No a/c and the seats are OLD, but I'm given to understand the body and mechanicals will be better than brand new. Has an Isuzu 1.8 petrol engine...

Last edited by Steeroid : 9th June 2008 at 23:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks