Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


View Poll Results: Do you want to attend the Monsoon meet
Yes, I'm in for the Monsoon Meet on the 21st 11 28.95%
Nope, let's have the Monsoon Meet on the 28th 18 47.37%
Meet-meat-sheet, what's that, I'm out of here! 9 23.68%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2008, 13:38   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Shillong
Posts: 957
Thanked: 156 Times
Default

That's what I mean to say. Suppose a place needs a minimum gurantee of 20 and it comes to 200 per head. You have 100% confirmations from say 22. At the D-Day, only 19 turn up. So you fall short of 200 bucks. You all ditch in 200 bucks but at the next meet, those 3 who did not come are made to pay extra for something worth 200 bucks. That way, these absentees will think twice before confirming and then backing out.
SumitB is offline  
Old 16th June 2008, 13:41   #17
BHPian
 
Praneet71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noida
Posts: 42
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

21st works for might not be able to make it on 28th
Praneet71 is offline  
Old 16th June 2008, 14:40   #18
BHPian
 
Shashank.A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 483
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
That's what I mean to say. Suppose a place needs a minimum gurantee of 20 and it comes to 200 per head. You have 100% confirmations from say 22. At the D-Day, only 19 turn up. So you fall short of 200 bucks. You all ditch in 200 bucks but at the next meet, those 3 who did not come are made to pay extra for something worth 200 bucks. That way, these absentees will think twice before confirming and then backing out.
This won't work..this can be expected from the regulars, what do you suggest for people who might be newbies and won't give a damn for the next meetup..
Shashank.A is offline  
Old 16th June 2008, 14:54   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Shillong
Posts: 957
Thanked: 156 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
This won't work..this can be expected from the regulars, what do you suggest for people who might be newbies and won't give a damn for the next meetup..
We are not kids. If a newbie does this and does not turn up for any further meets and would stop interacting on the board then I would say kachra saaf hua. If someone cares for his/her reputation, then they won't do it.
SumitB is offline  
Old 16th June 2008, 15:07   #20
BHPian
 
Shashank.A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 483
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
We are not kids. If a newbie does this and does not turn up for any further meets and would stop interacting on the board then I would say kachra saaf hua. If someone cares for his/her reputation, then they won't do it.
I have no probs, lets see what other members have to say.
Shashank.A is offline  
Old 16th June 2008, 15:09   #21
BHPian
 
Shashank.A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 483
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Okay, So we have Praneet for 21st i.e. Saturday. What about you rkbarat ?

Suman, GD, Ishaan, Girish ? days and dates please yaar.
Shashank.A is offline  
Old 16th June 2008, 15:24   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
rkbharat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gurgaon/New Delhi
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 692 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
Okay, So we have Praneet for 21st i.e. Saturday. What about you rkbarat ?

Suman, GD, Ishaan, Girish ? days and dates please yaar.
21st and 28th both ok for me, will it be in the evening, or day time, any plans for family. Just waiting for other to put there preference, so that we reach somewhere in the middle

I am still in MAYBE, I do not want bad name
rkbharat is offline  
Old 16th June 2008, 15:33   #23
BHPian
 
Shashank.A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 483
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
21st and 28th both ok for me, will it be in the evening, or day time, any plans for family. Just waiting for other to put there preference, so that we reach somewhere in the middle

I am still in MAYBE, I do not want bad name
Its because of you that I pushing for a Saturday !! And if you do not confirm, then other will kill me ..
Shashank.A is offline  
Old 16th June 2008, 15:42   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
rkbharat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gurgaon/New Delhi
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 692 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
Its because of you that I pushing for a Saturday !! And if you do not confirm, then other will kill me ..
Dear, let others say there preference, honestly I do not want this to be driven by my preference.

But whatever day it is I am gona try upto my toes to join this meet.
rkbharat is offline  
Old 16th June 2008, 15:44   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Was PB, DL, HR , KA and Now GJ-1
Posts: 248
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Though I am not in Delhi/NCR now & yes, I did confirmed for the last & had to DITCH at the last moment to go see my Dad, but please don't mark each & everyone in the same category. Somebody might have a geniune problem.

& Yes, I am open to pay or the last time also
pankaj_sachdeva is offline  
Old 16th June 2008, 16:18   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
vkochar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delhi / Agra / London
Posts: 2,126
Thanked: 756 Times
Default

Ok - maybe I am in for 21st. Let me know.

Faridabad would do for me - No probs - Sasural just shifted there

Last edited by vkochar : 16th June 2008 at 16:23.
vkochar is offline  
Old 16th June 2008, 16:20   #27
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 23,536
Thanked: 19,680 Times
Default

Chill guys, its just a meet, not some board meeting with the finance minister.
Meets are all about having fun.
Pick a spot, meet there. People who want to eat can go eat, people who want to go back home can do so.
tsk1979 is offline  
Old 16th June 2008, 16:26   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
rkbharat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gurgaon/New Delhi
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 692 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
& Yes, I am open to pay or the last time also
Ok so you are coming.
rkbharat is offline  
Old 16th June 2008, 16:47   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Was PB, DL, HR , KA and Now GJ-1
Posts: 248
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Ok so you are coming.

I would love to, if only I would have been in NCR. Just shifted my base to Bangalore. I will be coming to Delhi in Aug & will try to meet you guys at that time
pankaj_sachdeva is offline  
Old 16th June 2008, 17:12   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,577
Thanked: 688 Times
Default

Not going to work. And if you get hold of some to pay up at the subsequent meet, then you've lost them for ever for forthcoming meets and will also make future ditchers shy away..

21st suits the most for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
That's what I mean to say. Suppose a place needs a minimum gurantee of 20 and it comes to 200 per head. You have 100% confirmations from say 22. At the D-Day, only 19 turn up. So you fall short of 200 bucks. You all ditch in 200 bucks but at the next meet, those 3 who did not come are made to pay extra for something worth 200 bucks. That way, these absentees will think twice before confirming and then backing out.
gd1418 is offline  
Closed Thread

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks