Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2008, 21:01   #121
Senior - BHPian

wow an OHC. thats cool.
Old 2nd July 2008, 21:49   #122
BHPian

I suggest, all 21 cars, form a semi-circle or an ARC and we take a panorama-photo followed by a group photo. Another formation... all cars form a staircase kind of CASCADE and we take photos, or maybe a STAR formation circle? Just need some open ground. Interested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
Going alone? Boudi aasche na? Niea Aash....Aamar bou company paabe
Tahole, amader dujonke Shamshabad jete hobe 8 am sharp and then catch up korte hobe... can u follow me there? .... but we will reach an hour late thats it. PM if it suits u. No compulsions anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
There is a place known as swagth restaurant after ibrahimpatnam, but i figured it be good for veg food.
Like the Cyber-Chicken, Internet Makhani and www-roti last time ...since there is an observatory nearby, will we be offered BlackHole dosas, or Cosmic Chicken this time?

Last edited by btirthankar : 2nd July 2008 at 21:55.
Old 2nd July 2008, 21:52   #123
BHPian

Ravi, can we go inside the observatory? It will be a great experience then.

Raj, I have done N'sagar quite a few times, but never stopped on the way for lunch, we always head straight to Sagar and have lunch at Vijay Vihar. And don't remember seeing any decent place also on the way, much beyond Ibrahimpatnam.
Near Ibrahimpatnam though there are few dhabas, but I doubt whether any of them can accomodate our full team with the current strength. If u can find some place even with just veg menu, that should do. Just for one meal, I think we can sacrifice non-veg if required.
Otherwise, if we can make it back to Hyd. by about 3 or so, for a late lunch, then there are a couple of places on Vijaywada H'way near LB Nagar Crossing.
Old 3rd July 2008, 00:09   #124
Senior - BHPian

@all,
sorry for the delay in putting up the detailed agenda. I have been planing this meet for almost 4 weeks now and even after 2 visits to the place/roads, I am yet to come up with a proper agenda. I am going there again tomorrow to plan the things.

date: 6th july 2008
time: 8:00AM
meeting place: GENPACT Uppal.
Agenda:

here is a description of what the meet is going to be like(few more things will added tomorrow):

1. meet up at GENPACT by 8:00AM

2. leave by 8:30AM (we will be not waiting for the late comers!!!, late comers can catch up with us on the way, the description of the way will be given below)

3. for breakfast, pack some stuff in your cars along with water, we will have them some where on the road or may near the first destination which is going to be a lake in between mountains at around 10:30 AM or 11:00 AM. Its a late breakfast sought of thing. ( i will try to work on this thing a bit and will be clear by tomorrow evening)
The lake is located at around 15 to 20 km from the space observatory of which, i have posted the pics in the first post. The space observatory is around 7km from the sagar road at a village known as Gungal on the sagar road. Gungal is 10 KM from Ibrahimpatnam, which is around 25km from LB nagar which inturn is around 10 KM from Uppal GENPACT. So a total of around 70KM from the starting point for the "first leg "of the DRIVE

4. we will start from the lake at around 12:30PM or max by 1:00PM and go for lunch.
Now here comes the tricky part: "where to have our lunch??"
We have two options:
(1). Head towards Sagar and have lunch in some dhaba(a good one), which we are not sure about.
(2). Head back to Ibrahimpatnam and have Lunch at Swagath Hotel. I already mentioned, they are good with veg.

In either of the above cases, we will be starting with the "second leg".

Description of second leg:

We have to take a de-tour of around 20 to 25Km past the space observatory and come to the begining of the scenic beauty around that area of which I have mentioned in the first post. This road in total would be around 40 to 45 KM through some villages literally not known to the city folks.

At the end of this route we will again hit the Sagar Road but around 20 - 25 Km away from the starting point where we took a diversion from the sagar road. This place is known as Maal on the sagar road. For this 45KM stretch if we take 1 hour, we should be in Maal by 2:00PM. We can also have our lunch at Maal or we can look for a place further towards the Sagar Road, if we can get to know by then.

In any case due to un-foreseen events if we get delayed, we can shorten the ride at any moment, for which I will decide to what an extent the Drive has to be shorten after listen to all your opinions(but quickly).

If we need to shorten the DRIVE to a large extent one thing for sure, we will head to Swagth Hotel for Lunch. The second leg ends at the place we stop for Lunch.

third leg: of all this would be the quickest, just head back to the city and before dispersing we all meet up at a common point which will announced before the beginning of the third leg.

here is the pic of the swagath hotel:
Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5684.jpg

some more pics to keep you folks stick to this meet / drive plan:

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5593.jpg

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5689.jpg

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5692.jpg

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5705.jpg

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5712.jpg

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5714.jpg

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5732.jpg

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5733.jpg

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5743.jpg

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5744.jpg

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5745.jpg

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5753.jpg

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5754.jpg

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5762.jpg

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5766.jpg

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5769.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
I suggest, all 21 cars, form a semi-circle or an ARC and we take a panorama-photo followed by a group photo. Another formation... all cars form a staircase kind of CASCADE and we take photos, or maybe a STAR formation circle? Just need some open ground. Interested?
Good suggestion, infact did this during the ananthagiri hills meet. That time we were around 8/9 cars. Had a tough time in doing an arc. This time around with around 20 vehicle, we better think about two arcs parallel to each other. We can not allocate more time to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Ravi, can we go inside the observatory? It will be a great experience then.
We cant go completely inside to the telescopes. As this would be a sunday, its a holiday and this place will be completely deserted!!! here are few pics:

the road leading to the observatory:
Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5591.jpg

the observatory itself:
Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5624.jpg

view from the observatory:
Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dscf5627.jpg

happy revving

raj.
Old 3rd July 2008, 08:43   #125
BHPian

Nice turn out there

Hi All,

Wow Raj, that is a great plan and the list is pretty long too. Bet it will be fun and if all the mentioned cars turn out, would it be the largest turnout this far?

As of today, my chances still stand at 50-50. Raj, I'll confirm my attendance maximum by friday evening.

Yaser
Old 3rd July 2008, 09:33   #126
BHPian

Hi raj,
Finally, you have figuered out to some thing. Nice description there. So you are going to the place again, which is a very good thing. My participation is not yet confirmed.
Old 3rd July 2008, 10:30   #127
Senior - BHPian

guys, what is the fuel situation in Hyd.... I cant go to get a fill up before saturday, has anybody faced any shortage in bunks, ep for diesel, between Gachibowli to jubilee hills?
Old 3rd July 2008, 11:24   #128
Senior - BHPian

I need volunteers! this is huge turnout!
Volunteers may PM me or sms or call me any time.

I think fuel would be available say for some extra time in Reliance and shell bunks
Old 3rd July 2008, 11:31   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I need volunteers! this is huge turnout!
Volunteers may PM me or sms or call me any time.

I think fuel would be available say for some extra time in Reliance and shell bunks

That sounds really ominous do you mean to say that soon all bunks will run out of fuel?

for you needing volunteers, I volunteer....but what am I volunteering for?

Guys, can all those who ar econfirmed, please PM your cell numbers to me AND raj (kkr2k2).
Old 3rd July 2008, 11:37   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
wow an OHC. thats cool.
That's the same OHC, we did Goa in 2006 Independence day weekend and it took so much beating and came out un-scathed. And, bala is also some driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaser_cyclist View Post
Hi All,

Wow Raj, that is a great plan and the list is pretty long too. Bet it will be fun and if all the mentioned cars turn out, would it be the largest turnout this far?

As of today, my chances still stand at 50-50. Raj, I'll confirm my attendance maximum by friday evening.

Yaser
You bet, 100% of the people who confirmed will turn up. Thats the whole point of giving a confirmation. Don't miss it, looks like this is turning out to be one of the best meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
guys, what is the fuel situation in Hyd.... I cant go to get a fill up before saturday, has anybody faced any shortage in bunks, ep for diesel, between Gachibowli to jubilee hills?
It's just hype dude. I don't think any such thing is happening. Anyways, i am gonna tank up on Fri/Sat.

Raj, Looks like either you struck gold or got a good help to take care of your business considering the amount of time your spending on making this meet a success. Also, are you going to charge the folks to who your sending bulk SMS's

Whatever it is, kudos to you
Old 3rd July 2008, 11:39   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Raj, Looks like either you struck gold or got a good help to take care of your business considering the amount of time your spending on making this meet a success. Also, are you going to charge the folks to who your sending bulk SMS's

LOL, I was thinking the same thing
Old 3rd July 2008, 11:40   #132
BHPian

Hey Raj -

Thanks for the SMS. I already got my tank filled but then the daily office commute would use it up a bit but i should be good to go. Guys.....We cant take a chance with the current fuel situation so better to tank up as much as possible. I recollect having a tough time getting Diesel for Suren's Verna during the outing to Raj's farmhouse. We checked at least 3-4 of them before we finally found one. Better to be safe than sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post

Tahole, amader dujonke Shamshabad jete hobe 8 am sharp and then catch up korte hobe... can u follow me there? .... but we will reach an hour late thats it. PM if it suits u. No compulsions anyways.
We can dicuss this and finalize it by Late Friday / Early Saturday. What time is she getting off anyways? Maybe i can go pick her up from there ( I am assuming i am closer to the airport since i stay @ KPHB and can take the Hitec City - Mehndipatnam bypass from here) and meet up with you and then we can carry on. That will save you the hassle of going all the way there. But we can take this offline and plan it out.

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd July 2008 at 13:27. Reason: Try and post at one go.
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:56   #133
Senior - BHPian

@volunteers, you will get the instructions / directions by friday evening either by a call or sms or PM.

The hyderabad meet thingy went into my mind after seeing how our Hyd team was lacking behind compared to other cities. Made a mental note that we are going to have fun as much as other city folks do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
LOL, I was thinking the same thing
hmmm!! didn't give it a thought!
OK buy me lunch all of you

(Also, its been that every time, i am getting a free ride)

Also during most the planning is done during the sundays. And during the office timings in the afternoons doing nothing but typing on the puny cell phone key pad.

I dedicate all my work to GTO, all the mods and all those people who make that extra effort to make the meets successful events throughout various cities of the World(yes, tbhp meets are happening in other countries too).

raj.

PS1: one particular guy known as baass, admin of an ORKUT community(highway nawabs) is the man who inspires me to take that extra mile in organizing the meets.

PS2: me and ravi, have already planned for the next meet for August, its going to be as exotic as this one!!!

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 3rd July 2008 at 12:57.
Old 3rd July 2008, 14:17   #134
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to Raj truly for organising this.
Btw..i will ride on my Tata Sierra as suggested by Raj.
Looks like fuel wont be held up its treated as essential commodity...but lets ply it safe.
Old 3rd July 2008, 14:58   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, i have an idea, why not write our TBHP handle on a white paper with a dark color sketch pen and wear it as a badge? I think it would look cool. People should wear it all through the meet.

Whaddaya say?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks