Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2008, 11:54   #16
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys, I had lots of fun at the meet!

This time we had stickers on everybody's shirts with their sign-in names. This was a good idea as I could associate more faces with the ids that we see on the site.

The polka incident was unwanted but the DJ was a lunatic! But it was all well in the end since we discovered a good place in storm and it made the evening more eventful and something to be remembered for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Here are a few photos I had with me, all taken at Storm.
Great photos varun! Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Guruji, stop being pissed now and write a review in your GD ishtyle and do elucidate the "Surrrplus and Excess" funda. HAHA
Me is also waiting for the gyan from guruji and the rest of the pictures
Old 30th June 2008, 12:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
If you guys post any of those pics, you're dead meat.
So whats the deal Ishaan ??

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st July 2008 at 10:42. Reason: wats = whats. No SMS language on Team-BHP please.
Old 30th June 2008, 12:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Ok Ok here we go

sorry couldnt add captions,if anyone can do it

Enjoy the pics
Attached Thumbnails
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9062.jpg  

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9064.jpg  

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9065.jpg  

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9069.jpg  

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9070.jpg  

Last edited by simply_sunny001 : 30th June 2008 at 12:25.
Old 30th June 2008, 18:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
sorry couldnt add captions,if anyone can do it
May I?

(20 characters... sounds like a caption for a Delhi meet)
Attached Thumbnails
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9064.jpg  

Old 30th June 2008, 19:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Gunbir

here are some more pics of the meet
Attached Thumbnails
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9071.jpg  

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9072.jpg  

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9074.jpg  

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9075.jpg  

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9077.jpg  

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9080.jpg  

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9082.jpg  

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9091.jpg  

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9092.jpg  

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9093.jpg  

Old 30th June 2008, 19:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Some more

Rest all are with Ishaan except some controversial ones still left with me/.
Attached Thumbnails
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9094.jpg  

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9096.jpg  

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9097.jpg  

Old 30th June 2008, 19:42   #22
BHPian

Boy Oh Boy OH Boy!!! That was one awesome meet.
Well about the 2-1 theme we suddenly had going, it was the best that could happen, maybe next time we can do the same -have an initial blast at Polka till we get pissed with the DJ and the blarring "chamiya" music and get a refund ,then we could head out to Storm.
Though KD did fancy the "chamiya" music there because he kept on doing a dissapereing act at Storm.....

But storm was good with light music so atleast Guruji could share his hilarious "excess-surplus" theories and discussions about "bhenji."
Also the valet's at Storm might have been on the verge of pissing in their pants hearing the exhaust notes from the member cars especially Arush's Mitsu 3000GT, just 1 hard rev and everybody went into a 30second silence. (Man! its high time i got a FFE.)

It was really great to meet all you guys and looking forward to the next meet.

P.S Dont mess with Suman or his Safari. He wont overtake you but you will surely be out of his way. He literally make his own road.

P.S Arush bro you really need to put a sticker on the car saying "She stops as fast as she accelerates." Because i nearly bumped into you when you took off and braked to say goodbye to a couple of members. Unlike you lucky chap we drive with standard brakes and never expect the person in front running a 6-8 pot calipers on all four.:-D LOLZZZ!!

Warning! For all Newbies and members attending Delhi TBHP meet for the first time, dont expect a warm welcome just in house "Munshiji" saying "Chal Paise Nikaal!!"...Ha..Ha..Ha:-D Just Kidding!!!

Throughly enjoyed myself guys.
Thanks A Ton. Cant wait till we meet next.
Old 30th June 2008, 19:53   #23
Team-BHP Support

Anyone remember the movie "Hum". Duniya main do type ke log hote hai drunk scene by Amitabh.

Well, we were witness to a similar performance by our own as-tall-as-bigB Simply_Sunny.

Too good. Now can we have the pics sunny ?
Old 30th June 2008, 21:23   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Does every Delhi meet have to have a pic of Ishan counting the money ?
Old 30th June 2008, 22:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Does every Delhi meet have to have a pic of Ishan counting the money ?
Nooooooooooo, Infact any tbhp meet he attends anywhere in the country he would be seen counting money...Official TBHP MUNSHI...

Last i saw him doing the same at the Monsoon D R I V E
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-dscn4650.jpg
Old 1st July 2008, 13:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Why is this thread so dead ?? No Pics Ishan ??

Where is everybody ?
Old 1st July 2008, 19:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys, here are some pictures:

The early birds
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9062-large.jpg

Simbly_Sunny posing in front the telly!
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9063-large.jpg

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9066-large.jpg

Wolfinstein & Abhik
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9069-large.jpg

The gang
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9070-large.jpg

KD with his bhaiyya GD & Shashank
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9072-large.jpg

The Doc is in the house!
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9077-large.jpg

Mondymk3 & Asejwal
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9079-large.jpg

Eddy, KD & Narayan
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9080-large.jpg

Meet Dr. Billi !!
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-img_9082-large.jpg
Old 1st July 2008, 21:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

Aren't the photos getting duplicated? Or is it that along with the grey cells, the eyes have also started playing up?
Old 2nd July 2008, 16:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Better late than never - the "Meat" report!

Woh, what a meet, make that two! I will start by thanking Ishan for the brainwave & Shashank for having made it in the first place (because, in hindsight, we’d have been in the throes of some major intercourse out on the streets if he hadn’t been there to work out a deal at “Storm”). And then, thanks to both of them once again for working out a remarkable deal at Storm whereby we didn’t have to pay a pie beyond the initial 650 that we dished out – so we had quite a few rounds of drinking & snacking at the first venue, landed up at the second, continued the irrigation of throats with gay abandon & then wolfed down a good dinner too! LOL, maybe we can do this each time!

I would also like to sincerely thank the following gentlemen for being with us in “spirit” if not in person (I’m sure you guys were with us mentally all along, right guys?) – RK Bharat, Anonymous & Whatcanthisbe.

Well, I reached the Kailash Colony market with Eddy, KD & Narayan at 8.30 pm or so. It took us quite a while to park though because there was a rashly driven Scorpio (hereafter referred to as RD Scorpio) with a dozen lights on the roof, strobes, water bed & Stebel Nautilus horns that had stopped traffic completely while the person inside took his own sweet time to park. All the parking attendants were bowing in front of the vehicle so we realized that this must be some prominent personality/public figure. It was only when we managed to park & get out that we realized that it was none other than our very own Guru Dutt, aka GD1418, aka Guruji, aka……….on that auspicious note, after a few “Ooooh”s & “Aaaaahhh”s at the sight of the black & red beauty parked just opposite the venue (for the uninitiated, I’m referring to Arush’s GTO) the five of us trooped into “Polka”.

Unlike other meets, Ishan had made it a point to be there way before anyone else but luckily he had some company – Arush & Shashank amongst others. Our friends started arriving in ones & twos and around 9 pm, we got down to the serious business of wetting our throats. Ishan went about quickly & efficiently collecting the “hafta” & then we were all set. Till, of course, the decibel level of the lousy music started rising….and rising.

It was good to meet up with the first timers & put a face to a name and it was great meeting up with our earlier acquaintances & friends as well. A special mention must be made of our "Cheap Guest" (Varun) who came all the way from Agra with his cousin. As I mentioned last time around, its good to know that we have such a huge NCR group – it helps even if some of our regulars cannot make it, there are enough of us now to fill the venue & have some pure, unadulterated fun. And that we did for the next couple of hours till the music & the DJ got louder & more offensive by the minute. We were having a tough time even hearing ourselves think, forget about being able to hear each other talk! We tried explaining this to the management nicely but nothing penetrated their outer layers. Somewhere down the evening, the fine line was crossed and something snapped inside us & we wanted to get out…….in the midst of this melee, Sandeep (Simply_Happy_007) got up real close & personal with the DJ (I think Sandeep was trying to manually photoshop him but couldn't complete the process because the obnoxious character was whisked away by the staff).

Then, with the help of some suggestive gesticulation & even more suggestive vocabulary, we told them that enough was enough, they did not qualify as an establishment run by the Missionaries of Charity so we were not going to donate 650 per head to them – we were willing to donate 200 per head for all that they had served us so far & we wanted a refund. Surprise of surprises – they agreed. To cut a long story short, we got the money & trooped out, all 23 of us like the army was staging a flag march……into the market place & then, scratch-scratch-scratch – “Any ideas guys, where do we go at 11.15 at night?!” Well, Ishan isn’t called “enter”-pricing for nothing! Off he sent Shashank (KD piled on with him too) to check out “Storm” which was down the road, just a few quick wheel-spins away.

Praneet had to move on so the remaining 20 motley crew were waiting…..and waiting…and waiting for Shashanl’s call. Five or ten minutes later, we were wondering if Shashank was just around the corner looking up the sky to check out traces of a storm when Ishan’s private member, ooops number, rang. And BINGO! It was Shashank at the other end asking us to head to Storm. So, off went the convoy with the two expected lead cars being – Red OHC & Black RD Scorpio.

We arrived at Storm & created one in the parking lot as well – can you imagine the combined roars of the OHC & the GTO and of course, quite a few rubber layers by way of Ikons etc! Me, I tamely parked my tiny 3 litre companion in the parking lot (all the while, KD was going orgasmic shouting “valet ko de do, valet ko de do”. LOL, have you ever seen a valet parking a truck KD?!!)

So 22 boisterous Bhpians descended on Storm at 11.30 pm & decided to have fun. Hats off to Shashank for setting this up, they gave us a lot of space to ourselves, the service was excellent to say the least & I think we had a B.L.A.S.T. Now that we could hear ourselves talk, the pure Gyan started flowing, as did the accompanying snorts & descriptions of unimaginable family relationships. Loud laughter, punctuated by high fives, good music in the background (not too loud & not too obtrusive) surrounded by friends & like minded people and (most important) a few bottles of beer & some pegs of alcohol – what more could one have asked for? Peanut Masala & thereafter an excellent dinner as well – amazing work at such short notice! Amongst other things, we picked up a few tips on how farmers do it in the dirt (courtesy Khaadu), how doctors do it in the clay & mud (courtesy Doctorkats) & how to change tyres on a Zen when you've had a few (courtesy Simply_Sunny). Oh yes, we did miss some of the regulars who couldn’t make it but we’ve found a good venue for the next meet guys. WHAT DO YOU SAY??

Well, as they say, all good things must come to an end so around 1.30 in the morning, we wrapped up & went our respective ways. Our group of 5 headed towards Gurgaon – GD had KD with him and was really flying (were you in such a hurry to drop him off GD?), I was being a little extra-cautious with all the checking that had been happening lately. I caught up with him a few Kms before the Delhi-Haryana border. We slowed to a crawl at the border checkpost as they peered in but we weren’t stopped. Dropped Eddy off, then Narayan (where GD was waiting with KD), then we wound our way home. Swore never to go to Polka again.

By the way, as mentioned by Abhik earlier, the question of the evening was “Where did KD disappear?” Towards the end of the evening, we noticed that KD was missing for quite some time. Initial thoughts were that he was saturating the WCs but then we discovered that the loo was empty. So, where was KD? A good 10 or 15 minutes later, our man strolls in from outside the venue, shrugging his shoulders as if it was the most natural thing in the world to be taking a walk outside a restaurant in the wee hours of the morning. So, where were you KD? Guys, please pour in your thoughts – the first correct answer will be given a chance to ride with KD from Gurgaon to the next meet venue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praneet71 View Post
Suman cant get over your conversation and the finger gesture to the bouncer (so called!!).... Brilliant
Hey, sorry you had to go off bro, we missed you during the second half of the event, you’d have enjoyed the place. Hope your daughter’s recovered by now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
P.S Dont mess with Suman or his Safari. He wont overtake you but you will surely be out of his way. He literally make his own road.
Hope I didn't pull any of those stunts with you guys though - my brain was a little fuzzy after all the liquid nourishment it received . It was real nice to see your Ikon in action, brought back fond memories of my 1.6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Aren't the photos getting duplicated? Or is it that along with the grey cells, the eyes have also started playing up?
Nope, you're correct, it was the Red Label playing up last night.......Ishan, where are the rest of the pics man? If you don’t have any more, I would suggest that Sandeep post the “Restricted” ones!

So guys, now that we have the venue for the next meet, lets make it another gala one - a pre-Independance day one, what say!??

Last edited by suman : 2nd July 2008 at 16:49.
Old 2nd July 2008, 17:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

An excellant summarisation of the 'dual meet'.

Why do I have this lurking suspicion that the thread - why scorpios are driven rashly, was instigated or initiated by you? It seems I've the answer by going through this post.. And what an imagination Suman, water bed..! You almost made me look out for a voluptuous Mermaid on the water bed.. Only 4 tiny lights on the roof and you already increased it by 3 times even before the start of the meet?

Was neither flying nor in a hurry. That's the way I normally drive everyday. And I second that bit on 'Polka" and the pre-independance meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
It took us quite a while to park though because there was a rashly driven Scorpio (hereafter referred to as RD Scorpio) with a dozen lights on the roof, strobes, water bed & Stebel Nautilus horns that had stopped traffic completely while the person inside took his own sweet time to park. All the parking attendants were bowing in front of the vehicle so we realized that this must be some prominent personality/public figure. It was only when we managed to park & get out that we realized that it was none other than our very own Guru Dutt, aka GD1418, aka Guruji, aka……….on that auspicious note, after a few “Ooooh”s & “Aaaaahhh”s at the sight of the black & red beauty parked just opposite the venue (for the uninitiated, I’m referring to Arush’s GTO) the five of us trooped into “Polka”.

Well, as they say, all good things must come to an end so around 1.30 in the morning, we wrapped up & went our respective ways. Our group of 5 headed towards Gurgaon – GD had KD with him and was really flying (were you in such a hurry to drop him off GD?), I was being a little extra-cautious with all the checking that had been happening lately. I caught up with him a few Kms before the Delhi-Haryana border. We slowed to a crawl at the border checkpost as they peered in but we weren’t stopped. Dropped Eddy off, then Narayan (where GD was waiting with KD), then we wound our way home. Swore never to go to Polka again.

So guys, now that we have the venue for the next meet, lets make it another gala one - a pre-Independance day one, what say!??

Most Viewed