Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2008, 02:22   #1
BHPian

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet

Awright guys, have just returned from the meetup....

and the theme tonight was "2-in-1". I am sure other members will elaborate on this one.

The only thing I want to mention right now is what I saw in the eyes of the manager of the 'one' of the places, as our rides wrooomeeed in, he had the look of Saaaaaarrrr (Sir)....I am sure that all the valets of the place had good fun tonite with lot of the team-bhp rides...
Old 29th June 2008, 08:40   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

guys, where are the pictures and the meet report? come on post it here before we start making our own interpretation of '2-in-1' theme :-)
Old 29th June 2008, 11:22   #3
BHPian

It was great meeting, all you guys...sorry for the Guest appearance, I simply forgot about the meet before committing to another official engagement. But like you guys know and the way the NCR Chapter is------ Post Monsoon or the Independence Day meet is coming up soon.
Old 29th June 2008, 12:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys, just surfaced after a mind blowing blast last night. The meet started at Polka around 9 pm and for a change our own Ishaan 'munshiji' 'tyrewala' reached at 7:30 to be the first one. I reached at 8:30 immediately followed by Suman and his entourage of KD, Eddy & Narayan in tow. I still couldn't make out why KD had that funny look on his face emerging out of the Safari. Was that the ride from GGN to Polka or....Arush, Shashank and a few others were already there. The bar was thrown open at 9 and all those assembled gave out their preference to the sommelier and were settling down.

One disconcerting note that I must mention here is the music at Polka is extremely loud, thus making conversation amongst us impossible to say the least. I'm too tired to recall what all happened last night and am going back to sleep as I've a school batchmates meet tonight. I'll leave others to fill in the detail. But one thing is for sure - if a TBHP meet is again at Polka, my vote is in negative, not only for the loud jarring music but for the uncouth, nasty and arrogant behaviour of the DJ..

Last edited by gd1418 : 29th June 2008 at 12:36.
Old 29th June 2008, 12:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet

OK guys, lets have the meet reports on this thread pleasecheers:
Old 29th June 2008, 12:43   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
But one thing is for sure - if a TBHP meet is again at Polka, my vote is in negative, not only for the loud jarring music but for the uncouth, nasty and arrogant behaviour of the DJ..
Oh boy, Guruji is not a happy bunny. That brings the curtains down on any future meets happening there. I second that, there is no fun if we can't chat among ourselves when the speakers are as distinguished as our very own Guruji.

We all are waiting on the 2-in-1 theory guys, lets bring it on.

Did you guys land up at Storm as well once Guruji got tired of the lunatic DJ and the loud music at Polka?

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th June 2008 at 04:14. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 29th June 2008, 13:01   #7
BHPian

Not only Guruji got tired, we call were pissed off, so at 11:15 pm on Saturday night we were looking for a bar in South Delhi, which would still be serving Alcohol, and was willing to entertain 22 drunken stags. And ofcourse price was a concern as well.

So we landed up at Storm, had out fill once again, and dispersed at around 1:30 AM.
Old 29th June 2008, 14:43   #8
BHPian

Ishan- I hope you recollect about what I said for Polka. Hopefully next time we can have the meet at Gurgaon or somewhere else.
Btw-were you able to speak with the guys at sports bar. Anyways, that's another story. Where are the pics now?
Cheers!
M2S
Old 29th June 2008, 20:34   #9
Team-BHP Support

Pics etc are with Ishan. Expect them only on Monday night. Buttttt, the best pic is with Simply_Sunny.

Sunny bhai ? Kithhe hai ?
Old 29th June 2008, 20:54   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
Not only Guruji got tired, we call were pissed off, so at 11:15 pm on Saturday night we were looking for a bar in South Delhi, which would still be serving Alcohol, and was willing to entertain 22 drunken stags. And ofcourse price was a concern as well.

So we landed up at Storm, had out fill once again, and dispersed at around 1:30 AM.
Our fav place after TSF since the years we were in college and just working part time. No great stuff, just basic functional place with cheap alcohol (Stags not a problem if you look alright). What else does one need when you don't have loads of money in your pocket?
Old 29th June 2008, 21:33   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Pics etc are with Ishan. Expect them only on Monday night. Buttttt, the best pic is with Simply_Sunny.

Sunny bhai ? Kithhe hai ?
If you guys post any of those pics, you're dead meat.
Old 29th June 2008, 21:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Just got back from Delhi an hour back - Was stuck in a traffic jam for 2 hours, Also the hangover from last night is still not gone So completely tired.

Here is a brief review -

Was an Awesome meet ( my first time ), Ishan managed everything very nicely.

Despite our 'tiff' at Polka - Ishan and Shashank and a few others managed to get us all into Storm. All details will come later on.

Storm was rocking - Nice place, good music & great food.

Here are a few photos I had with me, all taken at Storm.

A special thanks to Arush ( Autopsyche ) who was kind enough to drop me back home in GK-1 in his awesome car !!! Mind Blowing !!!

Enjoy & Awaiting all the pics Ishan.

Me in Blue & Khaadu ( Saazid )
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-dsc02532.jpg

Everyone !!! ( Almost, others were loitering around )
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-dsc02533.jpg

How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-dsc02534.jpg

Saurabh ( My Cousin ), Me & Khaadu.
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet-dsc02535.jpg
Old 30th June 2008, 01:06   #13
BHPian

It was my first meet, had a great experience.

It was fun to be chatting with like minded people from all walks of life. Polka was a bad start but hey what the hell, all's well that ends well! :-)

It was lovely meeting all the members present, thanks everyone.

Guruji, stop being pissed now and write a review in your GD ishtyle and do elucidate the "Surrrplus and Excess" funda. HAHA

Ishan bro, waiting for the pictures.
Old 30th June 2008, 08:14   #14
BHPian

As always it was a pleasure meeting all of you. Suman cant get over your conversation and the finger gesture to the bouncer (so called!!).... Brilliant
Old 30th June 2008, 11:42   #15
BHPian

nice meet..nice people..nice cars..nice darooo..nice food...

"AUR KYA BACHE KI JAAN LEGA KYA"

although polka sucked but it was nice to have party at two places always ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks