Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2008, 01:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

now i dont visit this thread for two days all this happens oah mi!

okay i think the venue and time still need a revision, avi bhai will tell you soon about it! i am on my way to check out a few places so please hold the plans for a moment before we make the list!

like hunterz said a pub is not a very good idea as there would be very loud music, unless we can get a private section for us bhpians!

nosfreak do you have more info about the club8? any private rooms that we can reserve?

adi booking a banquet hall should not be a problem on a friday but on the week ends its a bit diffcult to find one and it will be real pricy i suppose?

and finally a saturday night to medchal road isnt a good idea there will be too many durnk people driving!, is kind of unsafe is what i feel!

guys will confirm in a day or two about my find mean while please feel free to put in the inputs.
Old 14th July 2008, 10:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

guys, friday eve/weekend, count me in. But if it is Friday eve, the earliest I can reach is 730 PM.

let me know the venue.....
Old 14th July 2008, 11:32   #33
BHPian

I'm game for Friday evening.

The only problem i see here is the venue.

Let me list out the priorities for the venue

A. We are looking for cheap booze (Doesnt make sense to pay INR 120+ for a Beer or BP Small)
B. We are looking for a moderately noisy location (Not too much noise but decent enough background music)
C. Cheap Food would be more than welcome!

There is an Open Air Dhaba sort of thing near the Hitec City Red Light (Cant recollect the name). But its an all guys sort of place, if you know what i mean.
The place is located on the relatively new 'left' turn that connects to the JNTU Bypass while coming from Kondapur towards Hitec Red Light. If you are coming from Kondapur side towards the Hitec Red Light, you would be able to take a left run prior to hitting the red light and this Dhaba is located on that stretch itself. Looks like a proper Dhaba-Dhaba kind of joint and hopefully they follow the BYOB (Bring your own booze) policy which would take care of the cost of liquour for us

I can find out more about this place since i cross it everyday on my way back home. Let me know.....

Cheers!
Old 14th July 2008, 12:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

There is another place called 'thandhoor' in white house building adjacent to Lifestyle. Suren was mentioning about this place yesterday. They charge 399/- for unlimited beer and kabaabs. (Suren is preparing to come in a cab)

Yash(rider60) will be checking this place out today or tomorrow and give us a report on the place.

If the meet happens here, I will join you folks. ( I can come along yash, after riding for 20km to reach home from the office)

PS: "i request the guys who plan to booze, come by a CAB or a rickshaw or get a non-drinker along with you who will be the driver in return journey." Cabs are relatively low priced for the comfort it offers over the rickshaw. Suren good one from you.

kkr.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 14th July 2008 at 12:44.
Old 14th July 2008, 13:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

Guys if there is BYOB...i can bring some good French wine..if anyone is a wine enthusiast...let me know
Old 14th July 2008, 14:16   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

July'08 Drink Meet : Venue Decided

Even i was speaking with Suren last evening and he came up with this idea of Tandoor which has an awesome deal going on.

They also have a private room that can accomodate 20 people. So guys, please confirm ASAP. As of now, i am only listing names that we have a firm confirmation

Venue: Tandoor, Adjacent to White House ( Lifestyle Building), Begumpet
Date: July 18, 6:30pm
Agenda: Chill with beers until 10:00pm
Deal Details : Rs.399++ for unlimited Tiger Beer and Kebabs ( Both Veg and Non-Veg)cheers:

Confirmed Names Below :

1. Mobike008
2. Suren 181
3. Hillram
4. kkrk2
5. Rider60
6. Theodre_Ftw
7. Hunterz
8. Himanshugoswami

Guys, just copy paste the above list of names and add your name to it when you post your "Confirmation"

Note: We need to book the private room latest by Wednesday ( July 16) afternoon. So confirm ASAP

Request Mods to change the thread title to : Hyderabad July'08-Drink Meet
Old 14th July 2008, 14:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

anyone wants a lift from/to Gachibowli lemme know. I dont drink, so will be driving.
Old 14th July 2008, 14:28   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
anyone wants a lift from/to Gachibowli lemme know. I dont drink, so will be driving.
@himanshugoswami - I'll take you up on that offer. If you're going to take Madhapur-Jubilee Hills road then i can meet you somewhere near Hitec City (I work out of Raheja Mindspace Office). Alternatively if you are looking at taking the KPHB-JNTU-Ameerpet/Bala Nagar Road then i can meet you outside Malaysian Township (That's where i stay). But we can always coordinate that later on.
Old 14th July 2008, 14:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
@himanshugoswami - I'll take you up on that offer. If you're going to take Madhapur-Jubilee Hills road then i can meet you somewhere near Hitec City (I work out of Raheja Mindspace Office). Alternatively if you are looking at taking the KPHB-JNTU-Ameerpet/Bala Nagar Road then i can meet you outside Malaysian Township (That's where i stay). But we can always coordinate that later on.

sure.... lets meet in front of Axis Bank/NIFT at 630 ish....we can co-ordinate over ph. my no.is 9966235949
Old 14th July 2008, 14:52   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I too would need a lift if there is a place. I stay at gachibowli.
Old 14th July 2008, 15:12   #41
BHPian

Ok Guys, this is the place that I was suggesting.

Tandoor
Whitehouse building (the one adjacent to the Lifestyle building)
Begumpet.

The deal is @ Rs.399/- (plus taxes, I presume) you get to have unlimited TIGER Beer and Kebabs.

The contact number of this joint is: 40133663

Spoke to them last evening and was told that they do have a private party area, with a TV (probably we could have VH1 or the likes tuned on), which could seat upto 20. They would only be interested to allot this space to us under 2 considerations.

1) Around 15 pax at the least - so guys join up and lets make it a memorable meat

2) We confirm the requirement to them by Wednesday latest.

Guys would request you to kindly pm Avi or kkkrrrrkkrkrr2kk2, whoever is the organriser of this meet to confirm partcipation at the earliest.

No, I have not been to this place before and its just based on an ad in the DC dated 12th July 2008 that this suggestion is coming up. However our dear friend Yashraj (rider60) has consented to scout the place for us sometime today or tomorrow (he's just looking for an excuse to party eh, this guy )

Please find below a snap of the ad that appeared in the papers.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad August 2008 meet.-img00446.jpg  

Old 14th July 2008, 15:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
I too would need a lift if there is a place. I stay at gachibowli.
dude, I drive a Safari, so space is the least of my worries

where r u starying in Gachibowli, pm me and we can tie up
Old 14th July 2008, 15:28   #43
BHPian

Quote:
sure.... lets meet in front of Axis Bank/NIFT at 630 ish....we can co-ordinate over ph. my no.is 9966235949
Done...I'll meet you around 630ish. I'll call you to coordinate the logistics.
Old 14th July 2008, 15:46   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Guys would request you to kindly pm Avi or kkkrrrrkkrkrr2kk2, whoever is the organriser of this meet to confirm partcipation at the earliest.
Suren Bhai, thats a delicious picture of the deal. My throat is already parched and mouth too is watering a lot

Btw, I am no organizer, don't want to displace the un-disputed "unofficial" Organizer ( a.k.a kkrk2)

It's just that like Rider60, me to always searching for avenues to party. Hence, the initiation!

Note: Have day long meetings on July 18 at Gachibowli ( Microsoft). Will start from campus around 5:30pm, will be happy to give a drive to anybody who wishes to join from/enroute. However, cannot drop back as i live in Himayathnagar

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th July 2008 at 15:51.
Old 14th July 2008, 16:17   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Note: Have day long meetings on July 18 at Gachibowli ( Microsoft). Will start from campus around 5:30pm, will be happy to give a drive to anybody who wishes to join from/enroute. However, cannot drop back as i live in Himayathnagar
Avi, ping me when u r done with meetings, we may end up leaving at the same time.

Most Viewed