Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2008, 12:17   #61
Senior - BHPian

Guys parking at White house will certainly be a problem...any suggestions?
Old 15th July 2008, 12:20   #62
Senior - BHPian

I think we can park at Ameerpet/DK road and walk or car pool down. My aunt lives in DK road, So I will see if I can get parking around her house, if there is no parking in white house. some of you who reach early will be able to get parking in White house.

Is anyone a mmber of Country club? their parking lot is huge and is adjacent to white House.
Old 15th July 2008, 13:15   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Since most of us will be coming from Somajiguda circle, we need to take the road below the begumpet flyover that leads to Country club and keep turning right and you will find first left a nice lane that is popular for the famous girls college ( St.Francis), we can park our car in that lane

OR

When you take the road below the flyover, instead of going right, take a left and park on the side, there is sufficient space . Only issues, need to walk some to reach the resturant, second issue, don't keep any valuables in the car like laptop, HU, etc. Just to be on the safe side.

And, BEWARE! on a friday evening at 6:30pm, traffic is gonna be absolute pandemonium on that road

I am seriously contemplating if i leave early from work to park the car at home and retreat back to the venue on my bike. I am just 7-8km from my home
Old 15th July 2008, 13:26   #64
BHPian

Confirmed Names Below :

1. Mobike008
2. Suren 181
3. Hillram
4. kkrk2
5. Rider60
6. Theodre_Ftw
7. Hunterz
8. Himanshugoswami
9. Naveen.KK
10. Aadix
11. Mezereo

I can only be there by 8.
Old 15th July 2008, 14:36   #65
BHPian

Good to see the numbers adding up to a respectable total and only hope there are no last minute dropouts. We need numbers this time, more so to add to the fun, but also to ensure we get a secluded spot to have the fun in.

Parking, could be managed at Lifestyle building itself. Worst come worst, if you guys have the guts to hand over the keys of your ride to the Valet, you could get away with the hassle of searching for a spot.

Country club membership... I am a member there but am sure they are starved for space too. It was so when I last visited them a few months back.

The frontal parking area in Whitehouse is pretty much full. If Lifestyle is not the option there is more parking space in the rear side of the building. Which should be available.

Bah but what are we talking of parking for? The new edict dictated by our very own moderator should be taken up earnestly, I feel, and in that case most of us would be cabbing our way wouldn't we?
Old 15th July 2008, 14:39   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, interesting numbers and members.

If any one of you have noticed, excepting one or two most are regulars or willing to become regulars. So from now on, i can presume any meet would be minimum of 8(that number which was termed as the minimum for a meet by kchat, where are you buddy?)

raj.
Old 15th July 2008, 15:22   #67
BHPian

One of my colleagues is suggesting parking at Kundan Bagh. Apparently there is a park over there with ample parking space on the road and is 2-3 minutes walking distance from LS Building.This parking is of course @ owner's risk.

@ himanshugoswami can accomodate sufficient numbers in his Safari as long as he gets sufficient parking @ White House so we can always car pool with him from a central point. Or for that matter we can even car pool in BTirthankar's Innova (I havent seen him post yet) since he stays close to the area.

For the members coming from Jubilee Hills/Hitec City/Ameerpet you can always park your rides @ PVR and then hitch a ride in an Auto/Member's Car to Whitehouse.
Old 15th July 2008, 16:22   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
One of my colleagues is suggesting parking at Kundan Bagh. Apparently there is a park over there with ample parking space on the road and is 2-3 minutes walking distance from LS Building.This parking is of course @ owner's risk.
It is the same one that i suggested in my thread below. Kundan Bagh lane is more popularly known for St.Francis girls college. I think Hyderabad's pretties girls used to study there.

Then came Villa Marie, and possible took the crown away from them, but then it only added to our work of zipping and zapping between these colleges.

Man, i am getting nostalgic of days when I used to wait on a bike for the college to finish.

@Suren, do you think we can make that call now to Tandoor and get ourselves a secluded spot?
Old 15th July 2008, 16:51   #69
BHPian

So guys, how $$ is Tandoor for a drunk like yours truly?
Old 15th July 2008, 17:01   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
So guys, how $$ is Tandoor for a drunk like yours truly?
The following link to the particular post would give you an idea about the deal

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...tml#post902788
Old 15th July 2008, 17:03   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It is the same one that i suggested in my thread below. Kundan Bagh lane is more popularly known for St.Francis girls college. I think Hyderabad's pretties girls used to study there.

Then came Villa Marie, and possible took the crown away from them, but then it only added to our work of zipping and zapping between these colleges.

Man, i am getting nostalgic of days when I used to wait on a bike for the college to finish.
Wouldnt know about the girl's colleges in Hyd mate...though i would still be keen to explore them even now

One good 'darshan' spot i found is NIFD....I was putting up @ My Home for some time and had a pretty decent view from my flat
Old 15th July 2008, 17:13   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
Wouldnt know about the girl's colleges in Hyd mate...though i would still be keen to explore them even now

One good 'darshan' spot i found is NIFD....I was putting up @ My Home for some time and had a pretty decent view from my flat
I am also game anytime your mate.

And, you have to mention about NIFD, I miss hitting quite a few cars almost every day while going back home and you know the reason why

We going OT, people may think we are obessed with fairer sex. Let's discuss this favorite topic of mine offline. What say????

@ Gautam, drink to glory @400 bucks, and please do come up with your aye!
Old 15th July 2008, 17:17   #73
BHPian

Sorry to go OT on this....but just wanted to add this.....'Obsession' is not the word to be used here I would call it more of 'Appreciation'. We can dicuss this when we meet @ Friday!
Old 15th July 2008, 19:21   #74
BHPian

Err, any discounts for teetotalers? I don't drink, still I got to cough up 399?
Old 15th July 2008, 21:57   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Err, any discounts for teetotalers? I don't drink, still I got to cough up 399?
Unfortunately, one beer or no beer they still gonna charge the same thing. But, then there are lovely eats to compensate for the same

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks