Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2008, 23:59   #76
Senior - BHPian

and what if beer doesnt agree with one, any other options of booze as an alternative to beer?

i mean avi bhai did you happen to check out the place? because you seem to be pretty sure about the above statement!

and i am yet to checkout the place if not me some one will do so by tomorrow at best!
Old 16th July 2008, 08:10   #77
BHPian

Hmmm....Interesting point.... havent tsted TIGER Beer yet so cant comment on the taste/strength. But we wont know till the time we wont go there. Worst case even if the beer is not too great and the kebabs are not that happening, we can always order Ala-Carte for both the Liqour and Food (I'm assuming this at this point of time.)

Would request one of the members who has spoken to them to call them once and inquire the feasability.
Old 16th July 2008, 09:02   #78
BHPian

Is there any relation between the thread name and what is going on here. This is August thread, and a July meet is happenging. Of course, discussion about drinks too...

I do not drink, but I can give a surprise visit.
Old 16th July 2008, 09:41   #79
Senior - BHPian

amit, Tiger beer is pretty good, provided they are serving the same stuff here as is available in Singapore. Of course, I have quit drinking now, so will not be able to give you a comparison , but i have had a lot of this brand whenever I went to Singapore (mainly cause it was the most widely available and the cheapest ) at one point, this beer was brewed in Singapore.

@Sagar- I am in the same boat as you, and am also vegetarian. But I like to think of the money as being spent towards a good evening with like minded friends....and going by the discussion started by Amit and Avi.....i think we are even more like minded
Old 16th July 2008, 09:45   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Is there any relation between the thread name and what is going on here. This is August thread, and a July meet is happenging. Of course, discussion about drinks too...

I do not drink, but I can give a surprise visit.
Actually this mini-meet is to discuss about the August meet and of course you need some stimulation for your brains to work more efficiently and what better stimulation than a 'TIGER' and its food (Meat)!
Old 16th July 2008, 09:51   #81
Senior - BHPian

Sagar,Himanshu..I too join your Teetotalling/Vegan club....but we can all enjoy the evening and chart up plans for Aug meet
Old 16th July 2008, 10:19   #82
Senior - BHPian

I am in for sure this time no last minute drop out like last time. Himanshu sir are you taking the madhapur-jubilee hills-banjara hills road if so i would appreciate a ride. I can wait in front of lv prasad.

EDIT: anybody else taking the route mentione above i would like a ride.
Old 16th July 2008, 10:40   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
I am in for sure this time no last minute drop out like last time. Himanshu sir are you taking the madhapur-jubilee hills-banjara hills road if so i would appreciate a ride. I can wait in front of lv prasad.

yes, I will be taking that route. i will be picking up theodore and hunterz at around 615-630, so will pick you up around 645-7....sms ur no. to me on 9966235949

In case you want to go early, toch base with Avi (mobike008). He will be leaving about 30 minutes before us.
Old 16th July 2008, 10:48   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am in for sure this time no last minute drop out like last time. Himanshu sir are you taking the madhapur-jubilee hills-banjara hills road if so i would appreciate a ride. I can wait in front of lv prasad.EDIT: anybody else taking the route mentione above i would like a ride.
Myself, Himanshu, Amit are going the same way. You can hook up with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
and going by the discussion started by Amit and Avi.....i think we are even more like minded
Hey didnt know that....this club is surely growing

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
Hmmm....Interesting point.... havent tsted TIGER Beer yet so cant comment on the taste/strength. But we wont know till the time we wont go there. Worst case even if the beer is not too great and the kebabs are not that happening, we can always order Ala-Carte for both the Liqour and Food (I'm assuming this at this point of time.) Would request one of the members who has spoken to them to call them once and inquire the feasability.
Tiger beer is really nice and slightly on the stronger side, even i used to binge on them when in Singapore or Malaysia.

But, then i appreciate alcohol also for what it does apart from how it tastes too.

I recommend sticking to the deal wheel and not go for ala-carte as it would be bloody expensive for drinks otherwise.

1. Mobike008
2. Suren 181
3. Hillram
4. kkrk2
5. Rider60
6. Theodre_Ftw
7. Hunterz
8. Himanshugoswami
9. Naveen.KK
10. Aadix
11. Mezereo
12. Cooldude

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th July 2008 at 10:51.
Old 16th July 2008, 11:12   #85
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
Though my participation is tentative, I just wanted to share some info on an alternate location nearby. Yesterday I attended a presentation by HSBC at Katriya De Royal/ Paryatak Bhavan.
The food was pretty good. I noticed that they too have an unlimited beer n Kebabs offer for the evening, that costs around Rs 425 including tax. The ambience in the venue was real good, with someone singing live ghazals, but in a subdued tone.
I believe they just started this scheme a week ago. So if there is a compulsion for minimum members at Tandoor, then this seems to be a good alternative. They do not insist on a minimum number. Moreover, they have abundant parking space.
However, I'm not sure what brand of beer they serve.

Last edited by vnabhi : 16th July 2008 at 11:19.
Old 16th July 2008, 11:22   #86
BHPian

Quote:

@cooldude - my work place is nearby. i take the same route.
i may start at around 7:30 or so.
Old 16th July 2008, 11:32   #87
Senior - BHPian

my number is 98496 55273. Amazing i have 3 people i can count on now. Thanks a lot.

@vnabhi Are you talking about fortune katriya ? If so i think it would be a better place than tandoor. I have been there a couple of times. It is a 3 or a 5 star hotel.

EDIT: Just saw the website it is the hotel in the aptdc building near the cm's house.

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 16th July 2008 at 11:43.
Old 16th July 2008, 11:38   #88
Senior - BHPian

lets all assemble at tandoor by 730 and then take a call....if the majority feels (or if parking forces us), then we can go to Katriya
Old 16th July 2008, 11:42   #89
Senior - BHPian

This is not Fortune Katriya...
Old 16th July 2008, 11:47   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Katriya De Royal/ Paryatak Bhavan.
Guys - Called them up and found out about the deal.

Royal Court Restaurant
INR 369 + 15% Tax = INR 425.
Unlimited Beer, Kebabs & Biryani.
Offer available between 1930 and 2230.
T&C - Only one bottle of beer at a time to one person. You can only order once the beer get over, so no pre ordering.

Additional Deals -

25% Off on Ala Carte in the coffee shop (Cafe De Royal)
50% Off (Buy One Get One Free) in the Bar (Whisky Joe's)

You can call them up @ 040-23411718 or reach Peter (AM-F&B) @ 9391643450 for more details.

Any volunteers for scouting the place??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks