Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2008, 11:56   #91
Senior - BHPian

The katriya offer sounds better. You get biryani too. Any idea which beer they serve ?

@theodre The sad part of no pre ordering is that you cant order 3 to 4 beers at 10 30 and sit till later

Just called katriya in somajiguda and they have a sizzler fest @ 399 + tax = around 460.
They have unlimited beer, white wine, gin, vodka and bacardi rum. 2 veg and 2 non veg snacks which are unlimited too. Also 1 sizzler per person.
Lot of parking also.

I think the katriya options would be better than tandoors for the teetotallers as they can have a proper meal too.

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 16th July 2008 at 12:13.
Old 16th July 2008, 12:03   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Man, this sounds a much much better dealcheers:

Lets change our proclivity from Tandoor to Royal Court depending if the hotel is in the vicinity

Amit, did you happen to find out where is the location of this resturant?

Venu, your inputs would be appreciated here.

I am also certain it ain't the fortune katriya where a midnight buffet is 325++ so abviously the evening one won't be this cheap.

Cooldude, just saw your post. Just to repeat an incident that i shared during one of our meets. I gulped down 8 full bottles of beer ( KF) during one of deal a few years ago. The deal was drink as much as you want but don't go to the loo

They too were serving one after the other. This time no such condition, i am sure, if there is a will there will be a way to gulp down more

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th July 2008 at 12:07.
Old 16th July 2008, 12:08   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
Royal Court Restaurant
.......(Cafe De Royal)......
.....in the Bar (Whisky Joe's)
I guess these are 3 different venues in the same hotel. So people according to their requirements have to sit in those places? (and get connected over the internet/wifi/...)

raj.
Old 16th July 2008, 12:15   #94
BHPian

Whatever, I am for one happy that there is a change in the venue. Saves me some money, How? I was supposed to scout Tandoor this afternoon and that would have meant an added lunch bill, with a few drinks to boot to. Now, I know I don't have to do it, good for me .

So the venue is now: Katriya De Royal @ Paryatak Bhavan (or adjacent to that) right?

Guess we would have to start early though, the earlier the better, 22:30 hrs would anyhow be the last order time for any place for that matter. So does make sense.

It does sound a sensible deal too what with dinner included with the snacks.

Looking forward to the meet guys.
Old 16th July 2008, 12:17   #95
Senior - BHPian

Royal Court is the correct name. It is on the 3rd floor and there is a bar adjacent to it--some nice-sounding firangi name which I don't recall now (after guzzling several rounds of Scotch at the HSBC dinner).
The ambience was decent in Royal Court, and it was only 1/10th full. The waiter told me it is mostly like that as many are not aware of the restaurant.
Abhi, it is Katriya De Royal located at Paryatak Bhawan, parallel to the Lifestyle flyover, about 100 metres beyond the CM's house. It is the place where the aero buses start for the new international airport at Shamshabad.
On the other hand,Fortune Katriya is the older star hotel that is costlier (though opp my flat). Fortune Katriya has de-linked from ITC group and is now known as Katriya Hotel, without the Fortune prefix. It is also on a lane adjacent to Raj Bhawan road, and not on the main road
Owing to 2 Katriya hotels, many guys who try to visit my place for the first time end up at the wrong hotel
And if you are planning to a repeat session by guzzling 8 bottles of beer, one thing is for sure---they are gonna increase the rates from Saturday

Last edited by vnabhi : 16th July 2008 at 12:20.
Old 16th July 2008, 12:18   #96
Senior - BHPian

Fortune katriya also sounds pretty good as they have proper liqour too(sad no scotch or whisky) and is only about 40 bucks more than royal court.

Their number is 2332 5678. The offer is in clantro restraunt but they open only for the dinner service. You can enquire at the reception too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Cooldude, just saw your post. Just to repeat an incident that i shared during one of our meets. I gulped down 8 full bottles of beer ( KF) during one of deal a few years ago. The deal was drink as much as you want but don't go to the loo

They too were serving one after the other. This time no such condition, i am sure, if there is a will there will be a way to gulp down more
Old 16th July 2008, 12:22   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Fortune katriya also sounds pretty good as they have proper liqour too(sad no scotch or whisky) and is only about 40 bucks more than royal court.

Their number is 2332 5678. The offer is in clantro restraunt but they open only for the dinner service. You can enquire at the reception too.

ok, now I am Royally confused.

is the meet at Tandoor (seems unlikely), Royal court, fortune Katriya, Katriya de Royal or someplace else.....
Old 16th July 2008, 12:29   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post

is the meet at Tandoor (seems unlikely), Royal court, fortune Katriya, Katriya de Royal or someplace else.....
How about tossing a coin to decide the venue
Old 16th July 2008, 12:31   #99
BHPian

Quote:

Dont worry Himanshu, i'll ensure that your confusion goes away.

We need to get there together anyways!
Old 16th July 2008, 12:33   #100
BHPian

Quote:
How about tossing a coin to decide the venue
I'm game for anything (Himanshu is the one who needs to be told the final venue!) But one thing is for sure....Tandoor is out. So now we need to decide on either of the Katriyas. The fortune one sounds better considering that they have additional Liqour options.
Old 16th July 2008, 12:33   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Has to be decided still. How about a poll between the 2 katriyas ? MODS ?
Old 16th July 2008, 12:37   #102
BHPian

Quote:

Amit, did you happen to find out where is the location of this resturant?
Somewhere in Paryatak Bhavan, Begumpet i believe. I would be the last person to know about other locations in HYD apart from Himayathnagar, Genpact, Bala Nagar, Miyapur, Chanda Nagar, KPHB, JNTU, Hitec City and vicinity.
Old 16th July 2008, 12:39   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Has to be decided still. How about a poll between the 2 katriyas ? MODS ?
we dont require a poll!!!
there are around 12 people who are coming up.
Everyone just list out the options, and we(I) take a call on Thursday evening and sms everyone. I have the numbers of all the 12.

raj.
Old 16th July 2008, 12:41   #104
Senior - BHPian

Mobike I think royal court is inside katriya de royal which is 100m from the cm's house.
Katriya de royal is the big metallic yellow building.
Old 16th July 2008, 12:43   #105
Senior - BHPian

Guys..we need to hammer down a venue...I guess we teetollers (Sagar,Himanshu) wont mind any place as there are some decent eats for us..
My experiance with Fortune Katriya has been bad,where they served stale cheese and recycled food..no doubt ITC divorced FK.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks