Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2008, 17:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Hmm. Some chennai bhp-ians are itching for a weekend drive. And if we could meet at a place equidistant from Blore, Hyd and Chennai, that would be good. The weekend of 30-31Aug sounds good to me.
sB, have a look at this and add your comments:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/913346-post24.html
Old 29th July 2008, 12:21   #32
BHPian

Hi kkr2k2,

I would like to join after looking belum caves in google images, But i need good numbers from bangalore to confirm. lets see how many will turn up from bangalore.
Old 29th July 2008, 12:38   #33
BHPian

Guys,

As of now, I am definitely in. Will be coming with wife and possibly my pets, depending on venue. But we are still a month away. Lets see how things proceed from here.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 29th July 2008, 14:13   #34
BHPian

Some pointers!

Sorry for coming in so late guys, but as always - Count me in! Since i have not been to any of the places mentioned in this thread i dont have any ideas/suggestions. But i will be checking this regularly and i'm sure with a bit of brainstorming we can come up with a good plan.

What we need basically are -

City Leads - One from Hyd and One from Bangy (These would the main co ordinators and their job would be to ensure all aspects of this meet are taken care of like local information, participant names, contact infos, Road maps, Pre identified Stops, Locations of Petrol Bunks and Puncture Stations etc). Of course we would assist them with all the info that we can gather through various sources. These are the guys who would have to make all the decisions for any deviations.

Back Up City Leads - Like it says, these would the backups and would be armed with the same amount of information as the main guys themselves and would be empowered to take decisions on the City Leads behalf.

Area / Group Lead - We can have group leads who can manage small groups, lets say from a couple of areas (Ex - In Hyd we can combine KPHB, JNTU, Hitec City, Madhapur, Gachibowli into one group and have a leader). These guys would be responsible for their individual team members. They would have the information of their respective team members and ensure that all communication is passed on.

Food Coordinator - This person would be responsible for all the food arrangements in total. We can have one from each city if needed. Main responsibility of this person would be to ensure that he/she is familiar with the main halting areas.

Fuel Coordinator - This person would be required to have a knowledge of all the petrol pumps that fall en route between points. We need to have one from each city.

Route Experts - Like the title says, these guys are the ones who would lead the way and are required to be experts in the roads of the surrounding areas! Yes we need one from each city. It would be great if these guys could distribute a sort of map to each of us so that we dont get lost.

I know that i am asking for the moon here but then , if we are able to get this one going then we can always co-ordinate with other regions (AP -GOA / AP - TN / AP - KL / AP - MH etc).

Over to the forum for additions/comments!
Old 29th July 2008, 14:37   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Guys,

possibly my pets,
Rajan
Hey Rajan -

Just out of curiosity, What pets are you planning on bringing? I may end up bringing my dog as well if there are enough of us! But we will need to inquire about the stay availability as well.
Old 29th July 2008, 14:43   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
Hey Rajan -

Just out of curiosity, What pets are you planning on bringing? I may end up bringing my dog as well if there are enough of us! But we will need to inquire about the stay availability as well.
My two pets are Bobby a 2 year old white labrador and Ruby a 6 month old German Shepherd. I do not call them dogs. They are more like my kids.

Check out the TBHP trip to Yelagiri for pics.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 29th July 2008, 17:42   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
I do not call them dogs.
Very nice! Looks like it might be an Intra-State meet for the 'kids' as well. I cant call mine a kid anymore since he is already 3+ years.
Old 30th July 2008, 01:40   #38
BHPian

The belum caves look really cool, I would surely like to drive down there and see that place. But, I am not sure whether I can join you guys for a two day program, but would definitely like to drive there on Sunday, meet you guys, see some caves, and of course, drive back the same day.

Anybody else from Bangalore interested in joining for the Sunday drive to belum caves and back?
Old 30th July 2008, 06:51   #39
BHPian

I am game for any place any weekend.
Will come with my wife.

Regards,
Old 30th July 2008, 08:31   #40
BHPian

Gooty is kind of half way between Hyderabad and Bangalore. But, it's a small place. Except the fort, which is not that great, there isn't anything worth while seeing around it. The fort should be a good place to trek though! However, I would like either Belum Caves or Kurnool for the meet.
Old 30th July 2008, 10:33   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Intrested. Tempted. Will confirm in some time.
Old 30th July 2008, 13:32   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
My bad, missed this one earlier:
Distances to Belum Caves:(source wiki)
from hyderabad: 320KM
from chennai: 420KM
from banglore: 270KM
@Kkr2k2 - If we are planning on Belum Caves then we can look at the following places to stay as well. (Source Wiki)

Nearest towns are Tadipatri (30 km) and Banganpalli (20 km) where one can find hotels to stay. There are no other place nearby where one can find a restaurant or any sort of eating joint. It is advisable to carry a bottle of drinking water when visiting the caves since it get very hot and humid at certain sections.

Also found the following additional info on some guys who had ridden to Belum earlier.

"There was a Govt. Dormitory and we booked a double room for ourselves, getting it was not a problem as we looked the only ones to stay there. "

I'm not sure if they meant dorms but i can see them mentioning a double room here so if this works out then we can definitely think of coming in with families.

The link is here - 2005 Nov Ride to Belum Caves - BikeNomads

Last edited by theodore_ftw : 30th July 2008 at 13:37. Reason: More Info
Old 30th July 2008, 18:17   #43
Senior - BHPian

hmmm!!!
the thread is heating up.

good info there theo.

As usual, i am the coordinator for the hyderabad folks. Who is volunteering for the Bangalore folks and chennai Janta?? Please PM me your numbers.

raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 30th July 2008 at 18:18.
Old 5th August 2008, 08:30   #44
Senior - BHPian

What happened?
I asked for volunteers from respective cities and the thread has a sudden death!

Commom folks even if 3 or 4 guys from each city would make a good crowd.

Apart from hyderabad, chennai and banglore are there any other BHPians in other cities/towns/villages? You folks can also join.

raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 5th August 2008 at 08:37.
Old 5th August 2008, 08:39   #45
Senior - BHPian

Interesting thread. I am interested to join if its Belgaum caves. But since not sure of dates, I will keep my fingers crossed. If dates are feasible, then I am sure for game with family.

I will be out of country for a short while mostly 3 & 4th week of August. So, will constantly check this thread for updates on dates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks