Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2008, 21:09   #241
BANNED

Ha!! Haaa! Yaaay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Glass of fresh milk should help
The only problem is finding fresh milk for him as he is used to drinking straight from... ahem.. err.. You know.. CRPs!!!! LOL!!!!

Words are not at all capable of explaining how much fun we had in this drive to Goa. So, pictures would be more better. BUT!!
Lots of rechargeable batteries and some extra doses of memory was carried while I started this trip. But unfortunately, many a places and times, I was just carried away and forgot to take pictures. Sometimes, I even forgot that I was actually carrying a camera. So, I will only post what I have and try and add some comments on them.

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-dscn6704-medium.jpg
Aditya.86, A S H V I N and their friends enjoying the company.

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-dscn6749-medium.jpg
MalluDude is shocked with other BHPians' various comedy scenes while Man'sIdea has a quite laugh in his mind.

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-dscn6752-medium.jpg
I am capable of eating vegetarian food
Mr. Iceman91 A.K.A Amith is trying to prove it by grabbing bechaara vegetarians' plate of Paneer Tikka.

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-dscn6770-medium.jpg
The loudest table at Sweet chilly later.

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-dscn6776-medium.jpg
I screwed these shots BIGTIME!! :embarassed:

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-dscn6787-medium.jpg
Some unexpected offroading animal???
Last, it was seen going up Iceman's legs!!

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-dscn6798-medium.jpg
Ricetuner and his friend Kiron (No!!! not the DDLJ one) is in very high spirits!
And behind them, is a BIG BLACK DOG?????

It was GO from the moment we landed at Goa after a very good 16hours continuous driving from Cochin. Iceman91 and his friends were already waiting for us at Britto's when we reached Goa by 4pm on 15th August. We had a quick shower and joined them and from then on, it was seafood, drinking, partying, dancing, beaching, trekking and everything.
I am now feeling sleepy! LOL!!!

Last edited by speedzak : 19th August 2008 at 21:15.
Old 19th August 2008, 22:11   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Glass of fresh milk should help
Fresh milk never helps - lots of salted, watered-down buttermilk is recommended instead. With ICE, for the iceman.
Old 19th August 2008, 22:46   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Fresh milk never helps - lots of salted, watered-down buttermilk is recommended instead. With ICE, for the iceman.
That was in context to the scene i saw when i entered Valencio's. Dinar and Technologist each with a beer, and Iceman91 with a glass of milk! To top it all he was given a milkbased cocktail, now better known as the official tbhp cocktail!
Old 19th August 2008, 22:46   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh Ho!! Ho????
Ha!! Haaa! Yaaay!!

Quote:
Hey geveryone's focus was more on the booz
Quote:
guys..got back last night.
Still hungover
Quote:
Mind is still in the overloaded state! I'm yet to recover from the excitement of GOA!!
everyone is still to recover from goa hangover.
got abrupt idea about what may happened in goa.
when hangover will be over, everything will come out slowly,slowly, dhire, dhire.

guys, keep eye on this thread for next few days.
enjoyed all pictures.
Old 19th August 2008, 23:03   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dinar and Technologist each with a beer, and Iceman91 with a glass of milk!
The Ghost Who Talks?
Old 19th August 2008, 23:18   #246
Senior - BHPian

ok that glass of milk was supposedly a banana milkshake. No idea why i ordered it though. Sent it back once the second one was ok. Than started drinking again. Apparently the waiters too thought i needed a special drink so they got me a rum and coconut cocktail which i was generous enough to share wit everyone. :( that became the official teambhp drink. Yes zak CRP IS THE WAY TO GO!!
Old 19th August 2008, 23:47   #247
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Iceman91 ordered for a banana shake and later he was given a Milk+vodka cocktail, Say rohan said it was named the Team bhp cocktail...cheers:

Ok the report now, the meet was suppose to be at ALUA [sangolda] this was chosen as it was raining on Thursday ,but they had some problem at the restaurant with the cook on the day of the meet ,so we had to move the meet to Valencio's opposite titto's.Luckly it had stoped raining since previous day [Friday] .So it was a nice place for the meet , the place had opening to the ocean. The time given for the meet was 4pm, but me and technologist were the only guys there waiting for everyone else .There was problem with the airtel network so could not get through to all airtel numbers I had[we messaged everyone the details of the meet] but They reached most of the members at night 10pm... .But some how we managed to pass on the message to everyone as Iceman arrived.... waiting again for other to arrive..the drinks started as rohan walked in...as he mentioned we where having beers and iceman91 was have a milk shake..
At around 5:45 ,GTO , aditya, rice_tuner, speedzak and others arrived in a time frame of 15 mins..... and the real meet began..by 6:30pm most of gang was there... than mobike008 came in... the introduction around was over, and serious discussion of GTO's jeep and Iceman's Baleno...started one side of the table and the other side of table was a lil quit, so Iceman made some stickers with bore10 ,bore11 name tags for the guys.....than there was discussion of the Tbhp T-shirts,stickers, and feedback on the Forum...
By 8:30 pm everyone left some to catch up with their respective gangs with whom they had come down to goa... but there were around 15 members and some nonmember at sweet chilly for the dinner....
Nc1bad and Nikhil joined us there....as we drove to sweet chilly in different cars we had around 6 or 7 cars from tbhp there... everyone was enjoying the meet and so I believe they ,forgot to click photos of the parking for the meet... The pic by speedzak of GTO merc was at the start of the meet and the cars were parked at different locations..
Rest can be seen in pictorial report by speedzak, mobik008 and Nc1bad...
Had a great time at the meet... looking forward to another one soon and hope others can join in next time....

Last edited by aah78 : 20th August 2008 at 04:57. Reason: See note.
Old 19th August 2008, 23:47   #248
BHPian

A few pics on our way to Goa from Chennai...

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-view.jpg

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-view1.jpg

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-patriotism.jpg

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-roads.jpg

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-sunflower.jpg

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-res.jpg

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-windmill.jpg.

Last edited by aditya.86 : 19th August 2008 at 23:49.
Old 19th August 2008, 23:59   #249
Senior - BHPian

oh yes!!
Now I remember there was some dancing at Sweet chilly too
some good goan songs, bryan adams, bollywood too
Old 20th August 2008, 00:06   #250
BHPian

A few more....

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-break.jpg
A coffee day break on the wayto davengere
Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-dudes.jpg
Couple of dudes showin off their harley davidson
Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-kingfisher.jpg
A small preview of Goa
Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-tollbooth.jpg

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-goa.jpg

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-qualis.jpg
Old 20th August 2008, 00:20   #251
BHPian

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-green.jpg
For a moment we thot we were goin to kerala
Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-wohi-jahaj..jpg
wohi jahaj
Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-zak.jpg
zaaaaaaakkkkkk
Old 20th August 2008, 09:39   #252
BHPian

Well i think every one had their own goa reports.Myself, malludude,Man'sIdea and Pinto(he's a part of us now) had an awesome drive back...We started from Goa on Sunday early morning at 12.30Am..
While we were out of the apartments we were blocked by a car parked just in the entrance.. we had no other go as we need to come to the office on monday.. Man'sIdea suggested us to lift the maruthi to the side to give us way, we 4 together lifted it and put it aside.. That was our first block..We cruised on the way back..

We took a wrong turn in between and went in the wrong direction for 4 kms i suppose, then suddenly there was no sign board towards Mangalore ..Thats how we suspected and corrected our route..

Then Before reaching uduppi, there was a 2km traffic block , we lost all hopes as we were again disappointed for the gained timings... The road was nasty and crap, Felt like some afrikan roads in 1960s.Everyone praised Kerala roads then, first time am hearing something about the roads in kerala... We turned back for a shortcut , thankfully the road was good though narrow.

Before uduppi we had our breakfast...Man'sIdea ordered for uthappams as Iddli was his main break fast for days, The waiter got him a set of iddli again as he showed his hospitality towards us.Frustrated Man's idea had to eat that again...We again started towards Mangalore.Filled gas in kannur.. reached Calicut by 2'o clock i guess.Had our lunch from Sagar..Mallu dude was the guy who had mastered tackling bad roads..Dropped pinto at chavakkad and bid a sad farewell, .. Mallu dude said he'll be getting down at thrissur as he'll get direct bus to his native thodupuzha..Before that we took a couple of snaps

The best part is our scorpio was a major attention seeker with full mud on it except the windhsields where the wipers rubbed..Heard lot of comments from ppl till cochin about the filthy looking vehicle.. Scorpio seemed to be so funny or rugged , i dunno that... Mans idea dropped me in cochin by around 8 pm... This trip'll cherish for long..Man's idea do upload the snaps...
Old 20th August 2008, 10:09   #253
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great meet, guys! I haven't had too many opportunities to meet with BHPians from other States, so was nice to finally interact in person and put a face to the many handles. It's simply amazing how a bond is created from online interactions alone, based on a single passion : Cars.

Here's to many more interstate gatherings. Cheers!
Old 21st August 2008, 16:15   #254
BHPian

This was one of the best meets which i had attended in tbhp & the highlight was ofcourse the D R I V E. I never switched off my wipers since we started from COK. Roads? - i thought we had the worst stretches. Mangalore - Hats off to you for the Roads & the scenic beauty you have. It was an unwinding experience to drive through the Karwar stretch.

I appreciate the efforts put in by the lead team of tbhp to run this site successfully & also the pain taken to keep on improving it.

Now i can put faces to some of the handles i have heard off & Aditya, Iceman, Mobike, dinar, aditya.86, btrithankar (oh..how can i forget you. hope i spelled it right) are just few of them.

Trip back was supposed to be on Sunday 5 am & suddenly it got changed to saturday night itself & that kept me sober through out the day. D R I V E back was more exciting with the incidents which kphilip has narrated.

It was great fun meeting you guys & looking forward for more. The saddest part of the trip was i didnt click any pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
The best part is our scorpio was a major attention seeker with full mud on it except the windhsields where the wipers rubbed..Heard lot of comments from ppl till cochin about the filthy looking vehicle.. Scorpio seemed to be so funny or rugged , i dunno that... Mans idea dropped me in cochin by around 8 pm... This trip'll cherish for long..Man's idea do upload the snaps...
These are the few which i can contribute to this thread.

Go..aaahh
Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-goa-021.jpg

The only trouble Scorpio gave me through out & after the drive was "THE WASH".
Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-goa-022a.jpg

Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end-goa-024.jpg

Zak has plenty of pictures & waiting for them to flow with his narration.

Last edited by mansidea : 21st August 2008 at 16:19.
Old 21st August 2008, 16:29   #255
Senior - BHPian

@mansidea the scorpio looks clean in the upper half...lol no one would dare lean on your vehicle.

Nice reports guys so anyone comin up with a story?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks