Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2008, 19:46   #16
BHPian

The highlight of this meet was the great arrangements made by mjothi, akroy and Lukeskywalker.
No wait... The highlight of this meet was the great photo shoot of all the 26 cars.
No wait... The highlight of this meet was the great turnout by all the members along with their families.
No wait... The highlight of this meet was the great location and the offroading that took place.

I guess its difficult to pin point any one highlight for this meet. Also things that need to be mentioned in the highlights are:
- Tractor
- Great sandwiches. Thanks Lukeskywalker (May the force be with you)
- Great weather

Following are some of the pics:

Kids having a blast in the Gypsy
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_3905.jpg

Some grown-up kids having a blast in the Gypsy
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_3919.jpg

The arena. Let the games begin !!
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_3909.jpg

Hmmm... So this is where all the wine comes from
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_3901.jpg

Spotted one rare bug in the meadows of _____ (what was the name of that place again??)
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_3845.jpg

An amature attempt at stitching
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-all-cars.jpg
Old 9th August 2008, 19:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

OK back home guys. Was just browsing the other guys photos.

Was just thinking do we have to start a new thread for photos and after meet posts? Anyways, Mods has to take care of the same. This was a mod-less & distingished-less meet.

Thanks to the organizers Luke, Akroy, MJ. Everything went on smoothly. For this meet, all was decided within 1 week and the turnout was also nice. A total of 26 cars turned up wit 40 + people & kids. Arrangement was magnificient and special thanks to Luke's mom and Murthy for giving us a ride in his tractor. Enjoyed the ride. Driving a tractor was very difficult compared to driving of our modern cars....

I reached home at 6.45 pm. Went to Ghati Subramanya temple. It was nice visit. Thanks to Ravibhat for giving me ride and taking us to temple. Its a very old temple and has the long history. Thanks to patchyboy for getting the iced beer.

Have taken a few snaps on my mobile. Will post the same in next post.
Old 9th August 2008, 19:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Hey guys this meet calls for a separate thread not here.
I suppose this is just the meet plans.

Luke/Basu, Pls start a new thread
Kindly request the MODS to merge some posts here to that thread.

Basu, pls start your photoblog !!
Abhi
I have already requested MODS to make the change. So, it should be taken care shortly.
Old 9th August 2008, 19:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

...More

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03152-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03153-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03154-medium.jpg

The Guys
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03155-medium.jpg

At the lunch venue
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03156-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03157-medium.jpg

Lunch
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03158-medium.jpg

Post Lunch
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03159-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03160-medium.jpg

Group pic
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03162-medium.jpg  

Old 9th August 2008, 19:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Oh Sorry, My enthu got the better of me. Mods kindly move relevant posts to the new thread.
Thanks,
Hari.
Old 9th August 2008, 19:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore Meet - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun...

Guys, pls start posting here.
MODS, kindly merge some of the post from next bangy meet thread here.

Just returned after a nice meet. I also went to Ghati Subramanya temple with Luke and ravibhat. Also visited a deserted dam in the ghats. basu and hari has taken loads of photoshoots.

Basu, start your photoblog.

Let me freshen up.

Abhi
Old 9th August 2008, 20:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Guys
I have opened a new thread. pls post the after meet pics and report there.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...loads-fun.html

Abhi
Old 9th August 2008, 20:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Luke sir, you missed out the most improtant person in the group picture...

The most friendliest and pet Labrador, this is really bad...

There is know intro to the BHPians, list out the guys

Last edited by gowda79 : 9th August 2008 at 20:15. Reason: Edit
Old 9th August 2008, 20:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

@ Gowda79 I did not have my camera for most of the meet's duration, was busy with the tractor, but some of the people have taken very good snaps of the whole meet, I'm sure the labrador is in one of them.

But I captured him:

Somebody play with me
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03113-medium.jpg
Old 9th August 2008, 20:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Nice First meetup @ Bangalore

It was turned out to be nice meet for more than 40+ TeamBhpians at Bangalore. We all enjoyed a lot and to contain my writing here is some pics taken by me.

Thanks to LukesSkyWalker, Mjothi, Akroy for arranging and managing such a nice meet.

Here is farms day out.

Group of Cars 1

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_0001.jpg

Group of Cars 2

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_0002.jpg

Group of cars 3

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_0004.jpg

Group of cars 4

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_0008.jpg

Group of cars 5

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_0010.jpg

Group of cars 6

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_0011.jpg

Group of TeamBHP members and their families

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_0009.jpg

Off roading with Gypsy, Pajero & Tractor

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_0036.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_0037.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_0038.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_0039.jpg

AkRoy's new hobby

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_0048.jpg

Grapes @ Farm

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_0027.jpg

Me @ TeamBHP

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_0025.jpg

Farm

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-img_0041.jpg
Old 9th August 2008, 20:27   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Khan_Sultan giving some tips to the ladies
Attachment 36734

Attachment 36735

Thats "Amohit" explaining the 4x4/gear shift intricacies to the ladies. Not me
Old 9th August 2008, 20:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats "Amohit" explaining the 4x4/gear shift intricacies to the ladies. Not me
I knew it the moment I typed that I might be making a mistake.
I'm sorry, I stand corrected.
Old 9th August 2008, 21:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
@ Gowda79 I did not have my camera for most of the meet's duration, was busy with the tractor, but some of the people have taken very good snaps of the whole meet, I'm sure the labrador is in one of them.

But I captured him:

Somebody play with me
Attachment 36783
Nice catch Hari.

Did anybody catch up with him or he was alone the whole meet.

Put the name the boys in the group photo...
Old 9th August 2008, 21:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Reports & Pictures of the meet...

Guys, that was real fun.

Morning, 7:45am. We are ready and starting to the parking area. Load the car with Chips, Miranda and sother stuffs. I get a call from Jassi. "Hi, I will be near Big Bazaar in next 10 min." Good, I respond to him and start driving to OMR. I reached OMR @ 7:50, waiting for Jassi, Jedi & akroy.

8am, Jassi & PhrozenFire comes in their Santro. I try for Sammyboy, but phone is not picked. Then try for akroy and came to know that he is also waiting for basu in parking area. Then we decide to leave once jedi comes, and akroy informs us that he will make it through K.R.Puram. Well, the trip starts once jedi is there.

We had usual traffic in ORR, I had several SMS one behind other informing that guys will be in meeting point in few mins. Good news, so guys are really serious about the meet.

We manage the bangalore traffic and reach meeting point. I could see so many cars parked there. Make no guess, its Team-BHPians. But still I miss the service lane entry and go to the next signal and drive back.

Hari was distributing the name tags, akroy writing the handle and names on it. It was fun seeign akroy trying to get a "table" to write the tags. Each car he keeps the pad and start to write, keeps leaving the place. Finally its done. Then some members decided to have breakfast and so form a group and leave for breakfast.

We wait for others to turn up and when all done, head to the breakfast Hotel. Had some good breakfast, and then started to the Farm.

Guys getting back to their vehicle to head for the farm.
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-1.jpg
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-2.jpg
From the main road where we took a left to reach to the farm.
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-3.jpg
Traffic Jam in the galli - COurtesy: Team-BHP meet.
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-4.jpg
Cars in straight line heading to Farm
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-5.jpg
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-6.jpg
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-7.jpg
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-8.jpg
Cars lined up.
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-9.jpg
People in the hi-hi session
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-10.jpg
Elantra, Aveo & Gypsy (Should I say that!!!)
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-11.jpg
Be a good boy - my kids with Patchyboys kid.
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-12.jpg
Catch me if you can!
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-14.jpg
What, you tired?
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-15.jpg
Ok. Lets be friends
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-16.jpg
Wait wait, oh come on, you dont stand in one place !
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-13.jpg
Wonderwhyme? No not the car, but the owner's handle
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-17.jpg
Leaving to the Grape garden for the actual fun after Photo session.
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-18.jpg
On the way to the garden,
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-19.jpg
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-20.jpg

Contd...

Old 9th August 2008, 21:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

It was an awesome meet. One of the best I have seen in recent times.
Also the number of participation was significantly high and this made the meet more special. It actually can be termed as a Team-Bhp Bangalore Family Picnic.

Following members participated alongwith families (car):
1) Akroy - Alto
2) Amohit - Esteem
3) Anujmishra - M800
4) Bombatt - Sparky
5) Brraj - Peted Elantra
6) Dadu - Safari2.2
7) Jassi - Santro
8) Jedi.Knight - Corolla
9) Khan_sultan - Gypsy
10) Lukeskywalker - Optra
11) MJothi - Aveo
12) Patchyboy - Palio Stile
13) Pavan Kadam - VW Beetle 1960
14) PhrozenFire - RXZ
15) Prabhuav - Elantra
16) Ravibhat - Petrol Innova
17) Sajands - Verna
18) VJ_Mavrick - Alto
19) Viper_711 - Palio Stile
20) Chandan - Getz
21) ZoomingBhat - Accent
22) BTirthankar - hitched with Akroy (finally gave his Innova some rest as it is due for servicing @ Nandi Toyota tomorrow.)
23) McLaren1885 - Swift D
24) DKamath - Safari
25) WonderWhy aka Amar Singh - Pajero
26) Jaguar - Ikon
27) Sammyboy - ??

and finally the All members and their TRACTOR RIDE

I hope I have not missed out anyone.

Only drawback of this meet - No MOD or D-BHPian. This is a rare phenomenon in bangalore meets where no MODs or the distinguished ones.

Last but not the least, Many Many thanks to Hari and his family for providing the that nice area which turned out to be a beautiful outing for the members and families and not to forget the excellent egg sandwitches, boiled eggs, chips and the soft drinks. It was truely a memorable meet.

We also liked the ambience for lunch and everyone enjoyed it very much.

Thanks to mjothi for starting the initiative which reflected into suicha wonderful turnout in sucha short time.

Basu, Now it is over to you to post the photoblog of not only the meet but also our extended meet at the Ghati Subramanya temple another 20km from Dodaballapur and also that small offroading that Alto and Optra undertook to go to the forgotten dam.

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 9th August 2008 at 21:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks