Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2008, 15:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics

I hope some guys who took pictures will start a new thread, but the brief :

- Excellent Meet, turnout was crossing 40 (adults), IIRC

- Very good location and farm, the gods also sprinkled a little but weather was perfect.

- A very good shootout (photo)

- Shahnawaz, (Khan_sultan) put up a wonderful 4x4 act climbing a hillock(if I may) with the Pajero trying to.

- Not to forget the kids, they spent a wonderful, enjoying day on khan's open gypsy ride.

- Psst...the women also tried their hands on the 4x4.

Thanks to Mjothi, Luke & Akroy for the management.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2008, 17:03   #2
BHPian

Hi All,

I am the first to report on the meet and upload pics on the very well organised meet Thanks to Mjothi, Luke & Akroy for the management and a positive turn up of well, everyone.

Well, Here's the detailed report,

It's 6.15AM, I get up and check the forum and find people are already on the way towards the meet point.

6:30AM, I called Dadu on what time he would be leaving his place so that I can catch up with hm from JC road. Later, left home around 7.10AM and head towards JC road where dadu is waiting in his tank[Safari]

On the way, we spot a esteem rally car racing towards the K-1000 rally. He had a tough time trying to overtake dadu's tank.

8.45AM we reach the first meetup point to find team-bhpian's car's lined up in the service lane. Nearby people are confused as the car's kept comming in.

Abhi hands out the name tags and we proceed towards breakfast and then hit the final destination.
While going towards the farm, we had to pass through a small village and boy we sounded our arrival in style. 24 cars including the star of the day or should i say car of the day, the yellow bug[bettle] and the suv of the day was the gypsy which won all the kids hearts.

Everyone including the women also tried their hands on the 4x4 Pajero and the gypsy on the open field. I guess Team-bhp can teach car manufactures how to test a suv's off-roading capabilites.

The Photo shoot was the best part with all the cars lined up including the suv's and the sole innova [muv]. It was like a second hand car mela.

Once again thanks to Mjothi, Luke & Akroy and a special thanks to Dadu for waiting for me and pavan for his star car of the day the yellow bug that stole all our hearts.

I guess this is enough of writting and i'll let the pics do the talking.

Looking out for the next meet.

Regards,
Sajan
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00025.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00026.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00027.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00028.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00030.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00031.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00032.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00033.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00034.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00036.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00038.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00040.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00041.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00042.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00043.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00044.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00046.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00047.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00048.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00050.jpg  

Last edited by sajands : 9th August 2008 at 17:06.
Old 9th August 2008, 17:18   #3
BHPian

Here's more pics of the meet. still more to follow.

Regards,
Sajan.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00051.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00052.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00053.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00054.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00056.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00057.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00058.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00059.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00062.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00067.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00068.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00069.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00070.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00071.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00072.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00073.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00074.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00076.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00077.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00079.jpg  

Old 9th August 2008, 17:29   #4
BHPian

Final part of the pics from my side.

This was a great meet with almost everyone turning up.

Regards,
Sajan
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00080.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00081.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00082.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00083.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00084.jpg  

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc00086.jpg  

Old 9th August 2008, 17:55   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

Just reached home and must say that I enjoyed the day a lot.

Thanks to all those who participated and special mention to mjothi, Luke and akroy for the coordination and arrangements (even though these folks came last in the morning ;-)).

Also special thanks to Luke's mother for being with all of us for the day and enthusiastically showing us the places. We can all take a lesson or two from her on energy and enthu :-)

I did not click any pics as I had no camera, so whoever took pics, please start posting them.

It was great meeting all t-bhpians -- some old and some new. I am sure everyone who came had a wonderful time. It must be one of the best meets -- even weather wise.

Look forward to the next meet.
Old 9th August 2008, 18:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Guys isn't there a group photo of the full team.

Nice meet guys
Old 9th August 2008, 18:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Guys it was an excellent meet with so many rides turning up and to be precise 26 of them. Luke has been a gracious host and thanks to the organizers in particular(mjothi,akroy and Lukeskywalker).
Thanks for the pics Sajan and i think many more will follow. Met new bhpians and definitely one of the best meet to my knowledge. We were lucky too with the weather not playing a spoil sport.
Guys with cameras @ the venue please post pics.
I also take this opportunity to thank all of the 26 folks who attended with their families and guests in making this meet a remarkable and wonderful one.
Old 9th August 2008, 19:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Just reached home after having a small visit to Ghati Subramanyam temple.

Special thanks for ALL the members (+ families, + kids) who made this a real enjoyable meet filled with fun.

And ofcourse, I should mention the tractor sessions. Well, picture speaks more, so will have it soon.

I cannot resist myself from sitting in laptop straight from my car. Today was the first day, my wife did not scold me for login straight to Teambhp.com

She knows for sure, there would be pictures posted for sure. And sajands, you did not disappoint us, thanks for those shots.

I will post mine shortly.

Quote:
Guys isn't there a group photo of the full team.
Umm, we know you will ask. Its on the way... Hari, you listening...

Khan, what you did man? My son is so sad. You know what? He says he misses GYPSY... Come on, get ready, when are you going for the next off-roading?

Thanks again to all t-bhpians

Last edited by mjothi : 9th August 2008 at 19:02.
Old 9th August 2008, 19:15   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
sajands, you did not disappoint us, thanks for those shots.

I will post mine shortly.

Khan, what you did man? My son is so sad. You know what? He says he misses GYPSY... Come on, get ready, when are you going for the next off-roading?

Hey mjothi,

Anytime. I had a good time, wonder when's the next meet going to be. Your car looks really good wish you had abs and airbags in the limited edition.

I told you to swap your car with khan's gypsy .

Regards,
Sajan.
Old 9th August 2008, 19:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

The meet today was like a family picnic.. The arrangement ,location and weather were fantastic. It was a lot of fun meeting everyone. The three vehicles (Pagero, Gypsy and the tractor) used for off roading were awesome.
Old 9th August 2008, 19:26   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Khan, what you did man? My son is so sad. You know what? He says he misses GYPSY... Come on, get ready, when are you going for the next off-roading?....
It's time you bought a 4x4 now . I am sure your son will become a fantastic off-raoder, by looking at his passion and enthu today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
....I told you to swap your car with khan's gypsy ....
...Good one there Sajan.
Old 9th August 2008, 19:26   #12
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore Meet - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun...

Thanks Guys,
It was an awesome turnout and we had a wonderful time.
Reports wil be posted later, but first let the pics do the talking:

The initial lineup
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03111-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03112-medium.jpg

The final lineup
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03114-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03115-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03119-medium.jpg

The better halves with the rides
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03120-medium.jpg

Name:  DSC03121 Medium.JPG
Views: 1630
Size:  96.1 KB

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03122-medium.jpg

The mother of my ride
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03123-medium.jpg

The TBHP couples
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03124-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03125-medium.jpg

The Tbhpians
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03126-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03127-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03128-medium.jpg

Snack time (Optra Darshini)
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03130-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03131-medium.jpg

SUV Time
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03132-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03133-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03134-medium.jpg

More to follow...
Old 9th August 2008, 19:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

I told him initially itself when his kid was longing for a drive, "Mjothi, you need to buy him a Gypsy"

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hey mjothi,

I told you to swap your car with khan's gypsy .

Regards,
Sajan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
It's time you bought a 4x4 now . I am sure your son will become a fantastic off-raoder, by looking at his passion and enthu today.

...Good one there Sajan.
Old 9th August 2008, 19:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

Here we go again

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03135-medium.jpg

Can I park like this??
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03136-medium.jpg

SUV Kids
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03137-medium.jpg

Khan_Sultan giving some tips to the ladies
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03138-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03139-medium.jpg

That's why they call me ATV
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03140-medium.jpg

Mera Baari Kab Ayega??
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03141-medium.jpg

Tractor driving school
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03144-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03146-medium.jpg

McLaren figuring out what he's doing up there
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03147-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03148-medium.jpg

Akroy off on another journey
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03149-medium.jpg

Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03150-medium.jpg

Bombatt Saar
Bangalore Meet - - Farm, Family, offRoad, Temple and loads of fun. Report & Pics-dsc03151-medium.jpg
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2008, 19:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I told him initially itself when his kid was longing for a drive, "Mjothi, you need to buy him a Gypsy"
Wish I could source one good 4x4 for "my" price .

Most Viewed