Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2008, 15:12   #91
BHPian

Please for God's sake - do click as much pics of yourself and especially the food dishes (shoot vertically to get the best clarity/authenticity of the dish). Somehow I am going to think of this meet while having my dinner tonight and drooool.
Old 11th September 2008, 15:19   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Gautam, would come if we plan a movie meeet next time, where we can book the complete auditorium. What say??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
And his nautanki starts again. Tomorrow is a holiday for you if I remember correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
NC - The Mumbai Meet Drama Queen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Normally Confused are we. Aajja. Come to my place and we'll go from here at around 9.15. and stop your Natak for once. Get Manson along too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I know why NYLE"X" NALINI is not coming!! He is afraid we may ask him to do his Mujras for us again!!!
Tauheen pe tauheen pe tauheen !!! I just warn you guys about theft and all you pounce on poor me

Arre mujra toh I can do without public demand too, Cyrus.

Koshish jaari hai - lets see how things turn out. Have customers at my end - so if I have to take them out for dinner (obviously not MA road) I might have to drop out.
Old 11th September 2008, 15:20   #93
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Bikey.
I wish you a speedy recovery and promise to accompany you whenever you are up to it. In the mean while what else can you do but salivate

Chalo guys get ready its only 6 hours to departure time.

Sohail for the benefit of Veggie foodies viz, F50, Viper and SR Shrikanth, please find out some place where they too can enjoy.
When we go to Nasems, they can have the veg roll/egg roll at Cafe Firdous. They share the same space right?

At the khichdawala they can have some Paneer tikks at Haji Tikkawala (opp the khichdawala) but does he serve veggie stuff. I know the fellow next to tawakkal makes alu rolls on the tawa.
Sorry guys no veg food at Vallibhai at all. You guys will have to do something elsewhere while we hog there. Sohail where can these guys eat while we are at vallibhai's? Somewhere in and around the gallis near Idris? Im saying this because the smell of non veg food is very strong and the food display is right at the entrance of this small eatery. Might not agree with some veggies.

Then Idris and if the veggies have not found anything as yet we can hop to Shalimar where they can have the veg food (and we can dig in the NVeg further)to their/our heart's content. What say veggies?

Sometimes I wish i had two stomachs

whos getting the camera?
Old 11th September 2008, 15:33   #94
BHPian

Gogi Sir, do u know the fry item wala in the lane Opposite Idris COldrinks. I think it is opposite the khicdawala, i am sure he will have some good french fries, rich in OIL. Apart from that, Masala Alu near Idris Cold Drinks is also good.
Shalimar is the last resort if we dont get anything. Or Final Destination could Be AYUBS Rolls, i know it would be out of place, but i find it good.

Btw BADSHAH cold drink house , has some good snacks too.
Wish there was VEG SEEKH for our guys ya..
One thing, they can go all out At the sweets, which i think we will go slow, cos we will be a little full.

Oh yes Please Carry Mineral water too, hygiene 1st.

Gogi Sir, aaj Bohot Roza Lag raha hai (in other words feeling dam hungry) reason : counting hours to reach in the night and HOG!! :(

Veggies let me think some more!!
Old 11th September 2008, 15:33   #95
BHPian

I wish the same Gogi bhai.

One for veggie foodies & one for DDDDesertss galore.!!!

Who needs food for one nite out, when you have D company.

Eagerly looking forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
TWhat say veggies?

Sometimes I wish i had two stomachs
Old 11th September 2008, 15:33   #96
Senior - BHPian

Please get alot of Pics of the food stuff and all guys,i wish i could have joined,but some personal reasons will have to skip this great food trail mumbai meet,may be next meet i will be in please avoid having water from out,have it from mineral water bottles.
Old 11th September 2008, 15:34   #97
BANNED

Gogi,

Plan sounds good. I can get the camera but you do the clicking, not too good at that.

Just sms me if someone else is getting the camera. Last thing I want to do is end up forgetting the same somewhere.

Viper
Old 11th September 2008, 15:35   #98
BHPian

Ramie infact i was suppose to ask you this question that y ar'nt you joining us?? Anyws we will inshallah have one meet in the last league of Ramazaan too, like after 20 or 22 fasts.
Old 11th September 2008, 15:39   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ramie infact i was suppose to ask you this question that y ar'nt you joining us?? Anyws we will inshallah have one meet in the last league of Ramazaan too, like after 20 or 22 fasts.
Actually things are not in the right place since 1-2weeks,so getting them lined up and alot of personal things,too many things happenng at the sametime I would be in for the next trip for sure
Old 11th September 2008, 15:41   #100
BHPian

No probs dude, next time around i would request you to get me some copies of your PS2 Titles too . hehhe
Old 11th September 2008, 16:09   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Or Final Destination could Be AYUBS Rolls, i know it would be out of place, but i find it good.

Btw BADSHAH cold drink house , has some good snacks too.
Wish there was VEG SEEKH for our guys ya..
One thing, they can go all out At the sweets, which i think we will go slow, cos we will be a little full.
Oh yes Please Carry Mineral water too, hygiene 1st.
YEs i was suggesting that fry item wala only.
Badshahis a good choice.
Even if there is a chana batata wala, that would suffice (without the tilli)

You know, Ayubs is a great idea. I can call Ishtiaq and book some veggie goodies for our friends on the cell. Thats one good thing about him. Then we can finish with some famed pan from Volga.

Dont carry anything, mineral and aerated water is available everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
I wish the same Gogi bhai.

One for veggie foodies & one for DDDDesertss galore.!!!

Who needs food for one nite out, when you have D company.

Eagerly looking forward.
Deserts galore. yesyesyesyesyes!!!
The place we are going used to be the unofficial HQ of the actual "D" company

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Please get alot of Pics .
@ RamieAnna- tussi nahi aa rahe? Kyon yaar?

@ KalpeshC- Why are you drooling, just join us buddy.

Last edited by V-16 : 11th September 2008 at 16:14. Reason: adding
Old 11th September 2008, 16:16   #102
BHPian

Bus karo- i cannot take it anymore- too much discussion on what to eat- have to log off.
Bhukkad log jab maidaan mein koodegaa, toh apne-aap pataa chal jaayega- kya khaaoo aur kya nahin, no planning works. :P

Bisleri/Aquafina/Kinley is a must- i made the mistake of having plain water at a resto some weeks back as it was very late and almost closed, inspite of mum's repeated warnings and mostly suffering and missing this amazing opportunity for the same. :(
Those immune to tap water may be excused. :P

Now off to sleep- getting dizzy again.
Thokoleza ukudla!
Translations of Bon appetit in many languages

Last edited by BIKeINSTEIN : 11th September 2008 at 16:18.
Old 11th September 2008, 16:19   #103
BHPian

Waaa!! Waaa!!! Sob, sob, cry, cry.
Why-oh-why did my US visa appointment have to be 2morrow morning. I have to miss the mother of all food bashes because of it.
I suppose you all can understand the agony i am going thru. Ek foodie hi doosre foodie ka dard samajh sakta hai.
Take lots of pics - especially of what is being eaten rather than of where the eaten food is going into.
Most importantly, pls let us then know the route you all traced. Shall attempt it myself (alone, sic! or with wifey) on Saturday or Sunday.
Have fun - lots of it, and
Have food - lots of it.
Old 11th September 2008, 16:28   #104
Senior - BHPian

I might join in as well. There are plans to go and see the Ganpati in Lalbag. How far is the meeting place from there? Please remind me of the meeting time once again. I guess I can meet you guys somewhere if I'm running late.
Old 11th September 2008, 16:36   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Please for God's sake - do click as much pics of yourself and especially the food dishes (shoot vertically to get the best clarity/authenticity of the dish). Somehow I am going to think of this meet while having my dinner tonight and drooool.
Great.
Crawford market is straight form lalbaug around 15 minutes drive.
keep in touch with team mates you know we will guide you to where we are in case you are late

Most Viewed