Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2008, 23:16   #16
BHPian

Guys! you had fun I am envious!
I did not engage on the meet thread earlier as I had a prior commitment to pick up my mom-in-law from BIAL on Saturday at 4 pm.
So while I spent my afternoon as a chauffeur you guys had a good time.
Nice pics - the jeep looks good!

Looking forward to the next one. Cheers!
Old 8th September 2008, 00:06   #17
BHPian

excellent keep em pics coming hope I can make it to the next one if it is next week
Old 8th September 2008, 07:17   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
....I had a prior commitment to pick up my mom-in-law from BIAL on Saturday at 4 pm.
So while I spent my afternoon as a chauffeur you guys had a good time.......
..I sincerely hope that your wifey is NOT reading this.
Old 8th September 2008, 07:26   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Khan Sultan - Actually, shouldn't viper 711's wife be happy that he gave up something like this to do what he did ?

Good pics, looks like I missed somthing. But my saturday afternoons are mostly reserved for something else. Hope to join you guys next time.
Old 8th September 2008, 10:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Guys. For the good meet. Thanks for akroy for letting me know this meeting

Saturday
1PM :
I call Basu. Phone keeps ringing and seems he is busy. I hangup. Get an SMS from Basu telling he will call. Ok.

4PM :
Since I was bored and thought will do this now, I went for an Hair-cut. I am walking to the place. I get an SMS from Basu saying that he cant talk now and he is coming there. And since I dont know that he meant the meeting, I thought he is coming to my home. I send a SMS saying welcome come. And start my Hair-cut.

4:30PM :
Call from Abhi. I take excuse from Barber and talk.
Abhi: Where are you?
Me: I am at home.
Abhi: Ok, me & basu are leaving to the meet. Are you coming?
Me: Oh, is it confirmed for today?
Abhi: Yes. I just checked with Patchyboy and he said we can still meet up.
Me: Ok, I will be ready and be waiting near Ring-road.
Abhi: Ok, I will give a call when we leave from here.

So, i rush the barber to complete and go back.

5:00PM :
I just enter my home and starting to Shower. Abhi, calls and says they are starting. Oh, its late. I rush to the shower and do a quick shower.
Dress myself as fast I can and run to the Car.
I was drying my hair in the car. Reminded me of the Mr.Bean

While driving I again receive call from Abhi saying they are waiting opp to Home Town. Damn, I was standing in Marathahalli junction. He tells me they will slowly crawl and I can meet them on the way. And we meet up near eco-space. Then I tail the Basu's Innova. Man, the worst spead breakers of Bangalore are all in here. Whatever I try, I had couple of hits in the bottom of my Aveo. Umm. Infact, I lost count of the number of breakers.

Contd...
Old 8th September 2008, 11:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Aah mjothi, finally comes your post, Well written !! Hope to see the pics soon

Abhi
Old 8th September 2008, 11:40   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
While driving I again receive call from Abhi saying they are waiting opp to Home Town. Damn, I was standing in Marathahalli junction. He tells me they will slowly crawl and I can meet them on the way. And we meet up near eco-space. Then I tail the Basu's Innova. Man, the worst spead breakers of Bangalore are all in here. Whatever I try, I had couple of hits in the bottom of my Aveo. Umm. Infact, I lost count of the number of breakers.
OT : Worst speed breakers on the ORR? Trust me, they are much better than the ones you would come across on Sarjapur road, as well as the one in front of Cosmos Mall!
Old 8th September 2008, 11:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

So, there we enter the NICE road from Hosur junction.

Some snaps of the NICE roads while I follow Basu's Innova.
Bangalore T-BHP Photo meet report (06 Sep 2008)-img_3460.jpg
Bangalore T-BHP Photo meet report (06 Sep 2008)-img_3461.jpg
Bangalore T-BHP Photo meet report (06 Sep 2008)-img_3462-copy.jpg
Bangalore T-BHP Photo meet report (06 Sep 2008)-img_3463.jpg
Bangalore T-BHP Photo meet report (06 Sep 2008)-img_3464.jpg
Bangalore T-BHP Photo meet report (06 Sep 2008)-img_3465-copy.jpg
I keep cursing this Santro guy for driving on the wrong direction. At that time I know little that I am going to end up doing the same
Bangalore T-BHP Photo meet report (06 Sep 2008)-img_3466-copy.jpg
Bangalore T-BHP Photo meet report (06 Sep 2008)-img_3467.jpg
We do good speed and finally the roads ends abruptly

Contd...

Quote:
OT : Worst speed breakers on the ORR? Trust me, they are much better than the ones you would come across on Sarjapur road, as well as the one in front of Cosmos Mall!
Sorry, I missed one info in there. We took the Belandur route to Hosur road. So these breakers are part of it.

Last edited by mjothi : 8th September 2008 at 11:45.
Old 8th September 2008, 13:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

We see guys playing cricket in the NICE road and no roads beyond that. So we call PatchyBoy and he confirms the place. So, we need to drive a little back and wait below the bridge.

So, now we do the US style (No, we are not driving in wrong direction. He he he)
Attachment 46786
Attachment 46787

Suddenly the Innova cross to the other side of the road and I see it dancing like anything. It because of the "good" patch between the two tracks. I decide not to take any OTR in there with my Aveo and you know what, I drive all the way back to the same place and find some "better" patch. Reach other side of the road and drive again.

While we wait for other team to come, here are some more pictures.
Bangalore T-BHP Photo meet report (06 Sep 2008)-img_3477-copy.jpg
Bangalore T-BHP Photo meet report (06 Sep 2008)-img_3481-copy.jpg
I will discuss about this below picture little later
Bangalore T-BHP Photo meet report (06 Sep 2008)-nicecar.jpg

We 3 were chating and suddenly I see a MM coming in our direction. A cute MM. I see it passing us and going to the opposite lane. It seems like our guys and so I wave my hand. No. he did not notice and went. So I think its not our team guys and continue our chat.

Then we see a couple of cars coming from the ramp. First comes Black palio(PatchyBoy), followed by Yellow Palio (Khan_Sultan) and then a black Alto(VJ_MAVERICK). Ok, here they come. They decend the ramp and again go straight to the same dead end we went. After a while the whole gang is coming back. But now there is the SAME MM (Kittagadu) joined to the line. Hey, that was our Kittigadu with his brand new MM540 from Army.

Then Krishna offers a drive on MM to basu. Basu tries it. I take the back seat. Seems the back side seat has become my seat in all Jeeps :(

It was a awesome ride. Except for those tyre sound. Then suddenly there are a patch with mud and Basu crosses it and start doing 80kmph. Then I notice something hitting me. Man slow down, it the mud pouring on me from tyres. Then we test his brake and reach the crowd.

We see Patchyboy with his cam shooting some picture. We talk about the previous meet that happened before they came here, about the Kitti getting stuck in the Mud etc etc. Saw couple of pictures of the MM in mud and other pictures.

Then akroy asks if anyone interested to do the GQ stretch completely. Talks goes like its not possible since we need to take more vacation etc. Then PatchyBoy comes with idea of relay in drive. We just talked options without giving any importance (but it has become a separate thread in here now...). Then we started for a chai. It was really a excellant chai. Infact some of our mates had 2 "rounds" of TEA!!!

Then its time for dinner. While all the friends dispersed to leave, me, akroy & basu decided to go for dinner.

Contd...
Old 8th September 2008, 14:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

When we are heading to hotel, Abhi calls and tells he wants some south Indian hotel. And Basu want to have Curd rice. Umm, tough choice in Bangalore in night. We roam around and finally decide to get into TOTAL mall in Sarjapur road. We pay 20rs for parking and enter the Mall. Since it was first time for all of us, we decide to look around and get the "Parking Paisa vasooled"

We see this Ganesha enjoying in there silently.
Bangalore T-BHP Photo meet report (06 Sep 2008)-img_3489-copy.jpg
Then we search for eat out and could not find any other than Cafe-day. Then finally at the 4th floor we see the Pizza Corner and decide to have there. We ordered some Pizza and Coke. Pizza was good and were talking about the next week plans

Some more pictures

Search of curd rice finally end up here!!!
Bangalore T-BHP Photo meet report (06 Sep 2008)-img_3490-copy.jpg

Corner of Pizza pointing Pizza Corner!
Bangalore T-BHP Photo meet report (06 Sep 2008)-img_3491-copy.jpg
Yummu supreme Pizza.
Bangalore T-BHP Photo meet report (06 Sep 2008)-img_3492-copy.jpg
Can I take the whole thing?
Bangalore T-BHP Photo meet report (06 Sep 2008)-img_3493-copy.jpg

And then we left to Home. It was raining cats & dogs when we came out of the Mall. Finally made it safe to home by 10:30pm.

Wonderful meet. Looking for more.

Bye for now!
Old 8th September 2008, 15:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

A great looking Jeep. Seeing these pics makes me want to knock on Mahindra and Mahindra's door and ask them to get back to the business of buiding Jeeps(not the mish-mash Bolero variety) for the Indian market. Whatever happened?.
Old 10th September 2008, 13:26   #27
c10
BHPian

Great Pictures,

Was not aware of the meet as i had not logged in for a while..

I stay just 3kms away from NICE road & am feeling terribly bad i was not a part of the meet..

i frequent the place where the Jeep was stuck & all other places where the Snaps were shot..
Old 10th September 2008, 14:45   #28
BHPian

wow! That's one good looking road you got there! Keep the pics and the story rolling in!
Old 13th October 2008, 22:34   #29
BHPian

Its so good guys, looking forward to be a part of the OTR one day. Gotta get myself a 540/550 soon.
Old 20th October 2008, 12:53   #30
BHPian

hey vroom, dont worry, i think your Safari should suffice

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks