Chennai-Bangy-Chennai 11 18.03%
Full GQ 17 27.87%
Others - Please mention in thread 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 17:10   #181
BHPian

Chanced upon this thread today. It has completely kept me stuck to my chair for the last 40 mins. I would love to do the full circuit starting from Bangalore. Else I will be happy to do the Vizag-Bangalore leg. I know all you guys have spent so much time, energy and planning, but when will the final dates and details be out.

I will get my SLR along to capture the journey, more of an amateur photographer(but will get the job done )
Old 2nd December 2008, 23:14   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Guys I have opted for the DEl-Mum-Del stretch.

Please confirm me the totaly cost we would be incurring, so that I can finalize this.
We are going clock-wise, so we will be doing Bom-Del, so either you drive down alone to Bom and join the Drive or join us in the next section from Del.

Costs - still not crystalised, will depend on your car mileage, number of people you are pooling with, and eventual halt venues. Not yet decided.
Old 2nd December 2008, 23:17   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Chanced upon this thread today. It has completely kept me stuck to my chair for the last 40 mins. I would love to do the full circuit starting from Bangalore. Else I will be happy to do the Vizag-Bangalore leg. I know all you guys have spent so much time, energy and planning, but when will the final dates and details be out.

I will get my SLR along to capture the journey, more of an amateur photographer(but will get the job done )
Join the gang, will love it if you can make the full circuit.
Old 3rd December 2008, 03:44   #184
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
It has completely kept me stuck to my chair for the last 40 mins.
Hehe. Brilliant! Welcome!

@HVK-- My pet questions! Dates?!

Cheers

Last edited by evo : 3rd December 2008 at 03:52.
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:36   #185
BHPian

@hvkumar The plan for the full circuit is looking better, incidentally my better half agreed instantly which (personally) means that half the battle is won. The rest of the battle will be with my CEO. I will keep looking out for updates and putting my thought in the thread.

@evo thanks, hope I can do this all the way to the end.
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:36   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
We are going clock-wise, so we will be doing Bom-Del, so either you drive down alone to Bom and join the Drive or join us in the next section from Del.

Costs - still not crystalised, will depend on your car mileage, number of people you are pooling with, and eventual halt venues. Not yet decided.
Then I guess I would be able to finalize which leg I am doing after the dates of each leg is finalised.
Old 4th December 2008, 13:55   #187
BHPian

Do you need some research

Guys,

Any updates? I am almost there....to do the full circle.

Golden Quadrilateral or Golden Quadrangle? Is it a Typo or am I missing something here.

I have some time-off this weekend. I can do some research for the team on the road trip, please let me know if there are any specifics you want me to check.

Thanks
Old 8th December 2008, 19:07   #188
BHPian

Hi Guys

I have currently selected the Bangy-Mumbai-Bangy option.

Some things to clear-off here. I bought a new car in Oct 2008 and have learnt driving in that! So I am not an avid driver and am not too confident on driving alone on highways. So ideally I would like to be in a car with a couple of drivers.

If someone with loads of enthu is here, we can actually drive to chennai first. So, it would be a
Bangy-Chennai-Bangy-Mumbai-Bangy leg ... Bangy all the way eh?!!

Whatsay?

Last edited by Iswear : 8th December 2008 at 19:08.
Old 8th December 2008, 19:44   #189
BANNED

just came across this thread. It caught my attention right away. How many days will the complete trip be(If it's a Full GQ)? What are the plans? I would love to team up with others BHPians.
Old 8th December 2008, 22:27   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
just came across this thread. It caught my attention right away. How many days will the complete trip be(If it's a Full GQ)? What are the plans? I would love to team up with others BHPians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iswear View Post
Hi Guys

I have currently selected the Bangy-Mumbai-Bangy option.

Some things to clear-off here. I bought a new car in Oct 2008 and have learnt driving in that! So I am not an avid driver and am not too confident on driving alone on highways. So ideally I would like to be in a car with a couple of drivers.

If someone with loads of enthu is here, we can actually drive to chennai first. So, it would be a
Bangy-Chennai-Bangy-Mumbai-Bangy leg ... Bangy all the way eh?!!

Whatsay?
@zerocritical

You need to check the full thread, there a few plans you need to check out. I am sure there is a lot of background Preparations going on, but ideal scenario it will be a 12 day trip for the full GQ. Check out everything on the thread.

@Iswear

There is always a first time mate, welcome aboard. I am sure you will find a few enthu cutlets(Bangalorean style ) in here to join with you on your drive.
Old 8th December 2008, 23:45   #191
BANNED

Finally.. Finished reading the complete thread!! Awesome planning guys.. I am fine with the dates of Feb. Can even take a couple of days off from work. iswear, I can club with you for the drive. As far as my understanding goes(after reading the thread), the relay will start from Bangalore. So we can do Bangalore Mumbai Bangalore when relay flags off and Bangalore Chennai Bangalore on the final day of relay.

BTW which car do you have? Is it a Diesel car?
Old 8th December 2008, 23:53   #192

Is this actually happening? If yes, can we please finalise the dates.
Old 9th December 2008, 00:53   #193
Senior - BHPian

So far, the list is looking good, we have Feb 7 as a possible start date, but we still do not have organisers for the tbhp meets at the various places en route. Surprisingly, the Hyderabad, Kerala, Bombay and Delhi lobbies are silent, and the passion for the trip is mostly with the Bangy guys. I suggest all who are interested book 12 days starting Feb 7 for the full trip.

And those who are interested in pooling, please form your teams. Please remember, we are in for 500 + kms driving days, since the entire circuit is almost 6,000 kms.
Old 9th December 2008, 01:14   #194

Thank God its after the 7th. As we have the BAJA SAE event happening on the week of January.
Lets see if i can persuade dad about this. MAybe just one leg of the journey or something.

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 9th December 2008 at 01:16.
Old 9th December 2008, 03:43   #195
BHPian

Hi everyone,
I have been observing this thread (silently) for about a month now.

Doing the GQ has been one of my longest standing dreams; ever since i got a scent of the GQ (then, just being laid out) in 2004 on the ccu-bbsr-ccu stretch. And, it breaks my heart to think that in all probability, i won't be able to make it this time (not if it is before March 15th).

So, i earnestly wish to be looped in on any planning meet-ups (in Bangalore) that will lead up to the GQ drive, just to soak in the spirit!
I will definitely make it a point to be present at the flag off and the heroes welcome.

Please PM/SMS me whenever there is a weekend meet to chalk out plans for the trip. Cel: 99861- two six two 5 one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed