Kolkatta-Chennai-Kolkatta 2 3.28%
Chennai-Bangy-Chennai 11 18.03%
Full GQ 17 27.87%
Others - Please mention in thread 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 09:24   #196

This is an Amazing Thread I have ever came across. There is a saying "If There is a Will ... There is a Way !!!". I am sure, some of you must have seen Dasvidaniya, I was really impressed with the movie. and immediately started a TO DO list. The top one on my list is an All India by Road in my Car. And as I started searching for info, I knew, I will find something here.

Well... cutting the long story short... I am in. Fortunately, the dates you have chosen are well suited. and I am planning to take a full one month off starting from 31st Jan untill 28th Feb. ( luckily my boss agreed ... havnt taken that long holidy in ages) so.

I shall check the route details. But, I am really excited to join. Got a Safari Dicor 3.0 EX 4X2 April 2007, with ample boot n properly maintained.
Old 9th December 2008, 10:08   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
So far, the list is looking good, we have Feb 7 as a possible start date, but we still do not have organisers for the tbhp meets at the various places en route. Surprisingly, the Hyderabad, Kerala, Bombay and Delhi lobbies are silent, and the passion for the trip is mostly with the Bangy guys. I suggest all who are interested book 12 days starting Feb 7 for the full trip.

And those who are interested in pooling, please form your teams. Please remember, we are in for 500 + kms driving days, since the entire circuit is almost 6,000 kms.
@hvkumar its good to see your reply on the thread. Incidentally I am from hyderabad , but am doing the full Circuit. I will check with some of the other guys from hyderabad if I can get some participation.

So is Feb 7th looking good at your end. I can start planning now for Feb 7th to Feb 18th that would be 12 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
Finally.. Finished reading the complete thread!! Awesome planning guys.. I am fine with the dates of Feb. Can even take a couple of days off from work. iswear, I can club with you for the drive. As far as my understanding goes(after reading the thread), the relay will start from Bangalore. So we can do Bangalore Mumbai Bangalore when relay flags off and Bangalore Chennai Bangalore on the final day of relay.

BTW which car do you have? Is it a Diesel car?
@zerocritical Was this for me? my personal car is an Esteem VXi, office car is a Optra Magnum. Yes you can decide which relay you want to do in fact you can join the team on a Vijaywada - chennai - bangalore leg as well which ends at bangalore.

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th December 2008 at 12:50. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread.
Old 9th December 2008, 11:40   #198
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
@zerocritical Was this for me? my personal car is an Esteem VXi, office car is a Optra Magnum. Yes you can decide which relay you want to do in fact you can join the team on a Vijaywada - chennai - bangalore leg as well which ends at bangalore.
Though the original post was for ISWEAR, I am looking for ppl with whom i can club. Vijaywada- chennai- bangy sounds good to me. i'll plan for my home town trip(to Hyd) in feb and while returning will join you guys at Vijaywada.
Old 9th December 2008, 11:54   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So far, the list is looking good, we have Feb 7 as a possible start date, but we still do not have organisers for the tbhp meets at the various places en route. Surprisingly, the Hyderabad, Kerala, Bombay and Delhi lobbies are silent, and the passion for the trip is mostly with the Bangy guys. I suggest all who are interested book 12 days starting Feb 7 for the full trip.

And those who are interested in pooling, please form your teams. Please remember, we are in for 500 + kms driving days, since the entire circuit is almost 6,000 kms.
Kumar Sir! How many Bangy Bhpians expressed their interest and infact confirmed either for the whole GQ or for the Bangy - Mumbai sector? As I mentioned it earlier I will be doing this sector of Bangy-Mumbai and wanted to sync up with other members.
The Poll shows that 5 members opted for the Bangy-Mumbai stretch and as far as I can recollect Khan_sultan(shahnawaz),kittigadu(Krishna),mjothi(M aheshwaran) are the ones that confirmed with snaronikar(Srinivas) expressing his interest too. So are the final numbers decided? and if possible any updates on this ? as it will give a clear idea.
cheers:

Last edited by VJ_MAVRICK : 9th December 2008 at 11:55.
Old 9th December 2008, 12:54   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
Finally.... iswear, I can club with you for the drive. As far as my understanding goes(after reading the thread), the relay will start from Bangalore. So we can do Bangalore Mumbai Bangalore when relay flags off and Bangalore Chennai Bangalore on the final day of relay.

BTW which car do you have? Is it a Diesel car?
Hey dude. Thanks for the interest. Yes, we can club together. I own a Swift Vxi (ABS), Petrol. Not really an economic option! If you don't mind, you can get your car (assuming you have a diesel one) and we can split the costs. I am game for the Bangy-Mumbai-Bangy leg to start off! I will PM you my number. Btw, I am from Hyderabad, that's my home town. So I probably won't mind even looping in Hyd also

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersom View Post
... Hi everyone,
I have been observing this thread (silently) for about a month now.
Please PM/SMS me whenever there is a weekend meet to chalk out plans for the trip. Cel: 99861- two six two 5 one ...
Hi supersom, are you from Bangalore? Where do you stay? And which car do you have? We can plan up things smoothly if we coordinate better. I live in Indiranagar area. Let me know about it ...
Old 9th December 2008, 14:07   #201
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iswear View Post
Hey dude. Thanks for the interest. Yes, we can club together. I own a Swift Vxi (ABS), Petrol. Not really an economic option! If you don't mind, you can get your car (assuming you have a diesel one) and we can split the costs. I am game for the Bangy-Mumbai-Bangy leg to start off! I will PM you my number. Btw, I am from Hyderabad, that's my home town. So I probably won't mind even looping in Hyd also
So many coinsidence in same post:
1. I too own a swift petrol in bangalore. Other cars are in my hometown.
2. I am from hyderabad too

I have PMed you my number as well.
Old 9th December 2008, 20:29   #202
evo
BHPian

So we now that have some structure.(yaay!) Feb 7th flag off means calcutta on the 12th? Is that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smihim View Post
This is an Amazing Thread I have ever came across. There is a saying "If There is a Will ... There is a Way !!!". Dasvidaniya.......
Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant!
Old 9th December 2008, 23:50   #203
Senior - BHPian

Let me list out the provisional dates:

Feb 7 - Bangalore-Pune
Feb 8 - Pune-Bombay-Baroda/Ahmedabad
Feb 9 - Baroda/Ahmedabad-Delhi
Feb 10 - Delhi-Varanasi
Feb 11 - Varanasi-Calcutta
Feb 12 - Calcutta-Bhubaneswar
Feb 13 - Bhubaneswar-Vijaywada
Feb 14 - Vijaywada-Madras
Feb 15 - Madras-Bangalore

These dates are merely indicative, I expect 1-2 days extension as we firm up meet venues and overnight stay issues.

The participation so far - based on those who have expressed interest either here in this thread or through PMs:

Entire GQ - 9

Partial GQ - 18 - Bangalore/Bombay 7, Pune/Bombay 2, Baroda-Ahmedabad 1, Ahmedabad-Delhi 1, Jaipur/Delhi 1, Calcutta/Madras 1, Vizag/Vijaywada 1, Vizag/Madras 2, Vijaywada/Bangalore 1 and Madras/Bangalore 1
Old 10th December 2008, 08:38   #204

Quote:
Let me list out the provisional dates:

Feb 7 - Bangalore-Pune
Feb 8 - Pune-Bombay-Baroda/Ahmedabad
Feb 9 - Baroda/Ahmedabad-Delhi
Feb 10 - Delhi-Varanasi
Feb 11 - Varanasi-Calcutta
Feb 12 - Calcutta-Bhubaneswar
Feb 13 - Bhubaneswar-Vijaywada
Feb 14 - Vijaywada-Madras
Feb 15 - Madras-Bangalore

These dates are merely indicative, I expect 1-2 days extension as we firm up meet venues and overnight stay issues.

The participation so far - based on those who have expressed interest either here in this thread or through PMs:

Entire GQ - 9

Partial GQ - 18 - Bangalore/Bombay 7, Pune/Bombay 2, Baroda-Ahmedabad 1, Ahmedabad-Delhi 1, Jaipur/Delhi 1, Calcutta/Madras 1, Vizag/Vijaywada 1, Vizag/Madras 2, Vijaywada/Bangalore 1 and Madras/Bangalore 1
Kumar sir,

You are an excellent planner I must say.
I am very impressed with the kind of planning you have done.

I'm interested in Full GQ. And may have a couple of my friends joining me.

Just that on 14th Feb, I have to attend a friend's wedding at Punjab so, I might have to cut off at Delhi.

I may sound stupid but, just wanna know who all are joining from Mumbai / Pune?
Old 10th December 2008, 10:33   #205
BHPian

@hvkumar Really appreciate the dates(even tentative). If we can stick to this schedule it will be great. Since 9 days a week off from work will not matter for a lot of days. But then again it will be a logistic thing for the plan. Do you want me to check on accomodation around these places.
Old 10th December 2008, 12:12   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Do you want me to check on accomodation around these places.
That will be great.

Brief criteria for the hotels:

- Out of town, as close to the highway as possible to avoid time-consuming detours
- Good car parking
- Proximity to workshops, in case anyone wants some minor work to be attended to
- Budget under Rs 1,000 a night, but upto Rs 1,500 at the highest
- No breakfast plan tariffs, since departure times could be earlier, but if breakfast is provided, should be available before 630 am
Old 10th December 2008, 12:15   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smihim View Post
Kumar sir,

You are an excellent planner I must say.
I am very impressed with the kind of planning you have done.

I'm interested in Full GQ. And may have a couple of my friends joining me.

Just that on 14th Feb, I have to attend a friend's wedding at Punjab so, I might have to cut off at Delhi.

I may sound stupid but, just wanna know who all are joining from Mumbai / Pune?
Those who have indicated they are keen on the drive, full or in parts:

hvkumar
shah_sultan
snaronikar
hrag
iceman91
KSM-Vtec
kailashnj
GSMINC
downsouthdanlalan
nitrous
Shekaran
mjothi
VJ_Mavrick
Hurrycane12
inder_s1
pypkmsrikanth
evo
Jaguar
TrueDreamer
Mission_Safari
deky
buvanmisra
ramkya1
joie-de-vivre
zerocritical
Iswear
Old 10th December 2008, 12:41   #208
BHPian

Quote:
That will be great.

Brief criteria for the hotels:

- Out of town, as close to the highway as possible to avoid time-consuming detours
- Good car parking
- Proximity to workshops, in case anyone wants some minor work to be attended to
- No breakfast plan tariffs, since departure times could be earlier, but if breakfast is provided, should be available before 630 am
Thanks for the tips, it should help me to start with the options available. I will ofcourse need inputs from the Bhpians in the those cities for their comment as well. I will post the details as i collect them. Please let me know if there is anything more.
Old 10th December 2008, 14:17   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the tips, it should help me to start with the options available. I will ofcourse need inputs from the Bhpians in the those cities for their comment as well. I will post the details as i collect them. Please let me know if there is anything more.
Let me know if you need any help from my side too. Not that I have great contacts everywhere, but am willing to contribute in any small way

I know some 'local people' in Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata.
And have friends in Ahmedabad & Chennai

- Pavan

P.S. I have chosen the Bangy-Mumbai-Bangy leg as of now. Might even increase that later dependnig on clarity of leaves from work and the drivers/cars we have!
Old 10th December 2008, 14:51   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That will be great.

Sir. The rates are per person per night or per room per night.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks