Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2005, 01:17   #46
RJK
Senior - BHPian

wolf, you are the man! Next time I'm going to goa, I'm definitely taking a few contacts from you. Better still, I'm taking you with me :d
Old 23rd March 2005, 13:17   #47
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

just in from Rediff.com

Oil Spill In GOA
Old 23rd March 2005, 13:33   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Guys,

just in from Rediff.com: Oil Spill In GOA[/url]
Bad planning, guys.

If you had a meet around this time, you could've been swimming around in the stuff that turns you on most!

Steer
Old 23rd March 2005, 19:47   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjkulkarni
wolf, you are the man! Next time I'm going to goa, I'm definitely taking a few contacts from you. Better still, I'm taking you with me :d
Heyyyy bro...The Wolf never says no...Never says No to anything...mean it. Well your wish is granted,,,but promise me you gonna behave yourself!!!!HEHEHEEEE.....
Old 23rd March 2005, 19:51   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

just in from Rediff.com

Oil Spill In GOA
As long as the oil doesnt disturb me with my proceedings in my AC room and Baaga beach shore after dark,,, Im ok....
Old 19th May 2005, 12:39   #51
Awaiting Email Confirmation

dude its sone hope u coming there for sure
Old 22nd May 2005, 21:34   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
what happened to the T-BHP drive - Part2 ?
Anyway,
for people staying next to or in Taj Village (20K/person for 5 nights + Rs500 meal credit/day - Atleast in March, including petrol divided by passengers), the oil spill will not affect.
Places to eat in Goa are the Italian joint in Taj Fort Aquada, Brittos.
Forgot the names of the other places.
Jet skis from the Taj beach are very expensive so 1 KM down the beach (in the direction of the stuck ship) there are a few places which are cheaper.
Since i cannot come, do take lots of pictures.
Oh and I think in Club Cabbanna its only entry for couples so either Be *** or take your loved ones with you. (Heck this was the reason me an my friends idn't go there. The chicks came 2 days later).
Another good but expensive and distant option is the Le Meridien.
Awesome beach and an Awesome hotel but you are away from the nightlife.
Children under 18 are allowed in Titos and Cabbana and my friends were not stopped when they smoked or drank (But children never ever try smoking or else you will repent it all your life).
Oh and If Taj is expensive, go to Palm Shades which has the same beach but is cheaper but no swimming pool and the chicks at Taj are hotter.
Also do take a DVD player and some DVDs and for the price, Food from the Kiddies Menu is quite filling and in some cases better but more embarrising.
But the rooms we had taken were not exactly the best (1024, 1055. Don't know what they were so mentioning the room numbers) so try to get the other type of rooms (2018) which are more expensive (same price but for 4 nights) and i do not think the Bathrooms were lockable.
Also Dominoes Delivers to Taj.
Also if there is wine in your room, DO NOT DRINK IT. It sucks. But it is good fun sticking scary notes on to the pears and throwing them from your rooms balcony to the other rooms balcony (some G*Y people were in the other room so we scared them by throwing the Pears).
Since i cannot come, enjoy and post pics.
Sorry for the long post and i forgot to add that there is a groceries shop which sells alcohol just 10 mins walking in the direction of the Kingfisher Villa (It is actually after the Villa).
Old 22nd May 2005, 22:50   #53
Senior - BHPian

Thanx a ton Lambo for the very useful info ! but the problem is that when in Goa the best way to enjoy is not from the comfort of the 5 star room but to rough it out !

ride bikes - eat n drink at run down shacks , go to beaches and get wet like normal people...et all..... and yeah going and surviving on 100 Rs a day is more fun and challening ....wat say ?
Old 22nd May 2005, 22:52   #54
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanx a ton Lambo for the very useful info ! but the problem is that when in Goa the best way to enjoy is not from the comfort of the 5 star room but to rough it out !

ride bikes - eat n drink at run down shacks , go to beaches and get wet like normal people...et all..... and yeah going and surviving on 100 Rs a day is more fun and challening ....wat say ?
totally....Goa is all about beaches ! not a/c rooms !!
Old 22nd May 2005, 22:56   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

That is why i suggested Palm Shades.
It is right on the beach and enjoyable.
Also there are quite a few joints from the Taj to Brittos (when you are walking on the beach) and i had a few drinks there but no food so no comment.
I am jus givin you guys both the options.
Old 23rd May 2005, 02:09   #56
Senior - BHPian

hey guys goa is def about roughing it out and being out all day.just got back yesterday rented a yamaha rx 135 for Rs 200 and was riding that all day.brittos has got good food with descent prices.but in goa the best place to eat is in shacks on the beach.cabana is 600 buck entrance and then inside all drinks free and wed girls are free.titos was good some time back but now the croud isnt that great.

talking about water sports they wont allow you to do it now because the sea is too rough because the monsoon is setting in so all water sports are closed.

anyway when are we going to have a meet in goa.

rev

Last edited by revtech : 23rd May 2005 at 02:11.
Old 23rd May 2005, 06:01   #57
Senior - BHPian

i'm in for the Goa meet if its happening in june.
Old 23rd May 2005, 20:22   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
talking about water sports they wont allow you to do it now because the sea is too rough because the monsoon is setting in so all water sports are closed.
rev
yea i actually had an accident in a speed boat. The bugger was sitting on the top of the seat and i was sitting in the front. the guy went to fast over a wave and the guy landed straight on my back. i was 14 that time and it HURT
Old 24th May 2005, 12:58   #59
BHPian

im down for a goa meet..anytime this summer....july/august is good with me..
Old 24th May 2005, 13:57   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
wed girls are free
rev
Im in then anytime

Most Viewed