Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:35   #76
Senior - BHPian

Why dont we just do it at Gogi's place? Centrally located, nice venue, and sexy food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
So even though I was looking forward to the throwing Ishaan overboard bit, let us look at other options too.
Sir. With due respect, I think all these jokes are going a bit overboard now. Everyone is saying the same thing - "Throw Ishan in the sea". There is a limit to everything.

As if the state of the Arabian sea isn't bad enough as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I am skeptical about the number of women going to join in. Priya and me will be there for sure and shes used to my vocabulory so nothing will astonish her anymore (i hope), no, not even Ishan.
I have heard that 1self has really fine-tuned his talent of producing unusually loud lovemaking noises after he has a few in him. Check on that too.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:37   #77
Team-BHP Support

WARNING: DO NOT LET YOUR BETTER HALVES SEE THIS POST

So Diwali is around the corner, and as expected the MM3 thread has been born. So, this is going to be another soaked in alcohol fun night, loads of guy (maybe gay too) talk, very little, rather minimum car talk, Sam’s rib tickling narrations and the works.

But this time MM3 will break away from what we have done in the past – It is going to have women, so it may just not be the same fun nonsense fun meet we have had the last two years, its going to be civilized and all that. I’m sure there are exceptions who would break free from the shackles of consciousness, but most would not. You can be almost certain that Jitu would not do any of the nonsense he’s done in the past, and nor will our homegrown guzzler kiss you!!
I’m surely looking forward to meeting my friends’ better halves, but was just wondering is this was going to disturb the tradition.

Come-on, Mumbai Diwali meets have been about letting our hair down with the guys! I’m all for involving our wives & girlfriends and letting them in on this other side of our lives, but don’t you think it would be more appropriate to hangout at New Years’ Eve or another time?

If you yet think bringing better halves to the MM3 makes you feel better, and helps you make them understand what your Team-Bhp world is all about, then that’s exactly how it should be.

I’d be coming irrespective, but just could not resist expressing my thoughts.

I really hope this is taken in the spirit it was meant – not a rant against having our ladies at our meets, more about ‘preserving the sanctity (or lack thereof) of Mumbai PreDiwali meets’

Of course, maybe I’m just trying to hang on to my fast fading youth and want to have a mad night out with the boys, perhaps I should also just grow up with the rest of you……

Cheers,

See you at the meet!

manson.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:45   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Why dont we just do it at Gogi's place? Centrally located, nice venue, and sexy food.
Ajay, it's unfair. Gogi does not relax, he is always playing host at his restaurant, while the rest of us are horsing around. PLUS more importantly, as a principle, he does not drink at his restaurant in front of the staff.

Because of this, his place is out. No two ways about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

I really hope this is taken in the spirit it was meant – not a rant against having our ladies at our meets, more about ‘preserving the sanctity (or lack thereof) of Mumbai PreDiwali meets’

Of course, maybe I’m just trying to hang on to my fast fading youth and want to have a mad night out with the boys, perhaps I should also just grow up with the rest of you……

Cheers,

See you at the meet!

manson.
Oye Mummeetey? You started drinking this afternoon itself kya?

Quote:

I have heard that 1self has really fine-tuned his talent of producing unusually loud lovemaking noises after he has a few in him..
That's it. Let's do the boat thing, we can throw 1self overboard too. Oh happy day...

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 3rd October 2008 at 15:46.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:51   #79
BHPian

I second the surd...

Quote:
That's it. Let's do the boat thing, we can throw 1self overboard too. Oh happy day...
1self will not be attending MM3..
If anyone knows a crew member of the ship he's on, the message to throw him overboard can and should be passed on!

Last edited by shrivz : 3rd October 2008 at 15:54.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:56   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
lol, no smartypants, if you want Blue Sea for a party, they need a minimum revenue of 3 lacs per party.
Ok!!

Quote:
Quote:
Ajay, it's unfair. Gogi does not relax, he is always playing host at his restaurant, while the rest of us are horsing around. PLUS more importantly, as a principle, he does not drink at his restaurant in front of the staff.

Yup, I too think it's not fair on Gogi so let's count Pritam out as a probable venue.

Quote:
Sir. With due respect, I think all these jokes are going a bit overboard now. Everyone is saying the same thing - "Throw Ishan in the sea". There is a limit to everything.

As if the state ofhe Arabian sea isn't bad enough as it is.
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:04   #81
BHPian

From a concerned Bhpian:

Ishan Bhai,

Do you know swimming? If not please join a crash course on swimming , you still have some time left for learning the techniques of survival .

Mumbai meet planning and post meet threads are always too good and never lacks the fun element . Thanks to all the Mumbai Bhpians
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:41   #82
BHPian

Quote:

That was hilarious
Ishaan, you have to come- just because of this one comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

Cheers,

See you at the meet!

manson.
Fast fading youth, fast fading hair....we know the drill.

Well written Mu(n)meet, was thinking on similar lines myself. Of course, we'll go with what the general consensus is.
Maybe we should start thinking up alternate names to Mega Madness

Quote:

I second Sam. On both points.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd October 2008 at 18:06.
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:49   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

The guys who are suggesting that this meet be restricted to men only, so we can have a wild boys night out and act like retards without feeling shy..

Come on. It's Diwali. Diwali is a good occasion to bring your partners to a meet. Team-BHP is not a boys club, not anymore and we have active and contributing female members too.

If your girlfriend or wife doesn't know you inside out, don't bring her. And if she does, then you can be free to do what you like. Come on I am sure everyone's wife knows what an arse they can behave like. WHO else will know you better?
As far as I am concerned I feel no shame in acting all stupid and making funny comments and generally behaving like an fool in front of your wives and girlfriends. Who knows? They might even enjoy it!

Come on! What are you afraid of? That the guys will make bawdy jokes? I am sure we know our limits and lines, we're all adults here.
That Jitu and Manson will get up and start dancing like wild punjabis in heat? So what?

Or that Guzzlu will kiss another man? Bring it on Kishore.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 3rd October 2008 at 16:52.
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:04   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure we know our limits and lines, we're all adults here.
The above statement reinforces the fact that we'd behave like gentlemen when there are ladies around!
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:06   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
The above statement reinforces the fact that we'd behave like gentlemen when there are ladies around!
And I for one have no issues with men behaving like Gentlemen. I know I can handle it.
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:11   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

If your girlfriend or wife doesn't know you inside out, don't bring her. And if she does, then you can be free to do what you like. Come on I am sure everyone's wife knows what an arse they can behave like. WHO else will know you better?
But the better halves would not know the others present inside out, which would certainly make most uncomfortable to behave the way they would have otherwise. Its quite different when you get drunk around your girlfriends & wives, than acting silly in the presence of women who you do not know too well.

Quote:
Come on! What are you afraid of? That the guys will make bawdy jokes? I am sure we know our limits and lines, we're all adults here.
Sam, that is exactly what my point is, why should there be any self controlled limits this time around, when they haven't been all this while.

manson.
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:13   #87
BHPian

Quote:
That the guys will make bawdy jokes?

That Jitu and Manson will get up and start dancing like wild punjabis in heat? So what?

Or that Guzzlu will kiss another man? Bring it on Kishore.
That isn't Gentlemanly, now is it?

the point i was trying to make is that since we'd behave like gentlemen, we'd have not as much fun and that this wouldn't live up to the tradition (sung in the likes of the song "tradition" from fiddler on the roof!) of megamadness!

Last edited by shrivz : 3rd October 2008 at 17:20.
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:17   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Also we shall have a special GUEST
NC, you just stated the obvious. Now there is no surprise. Sometimes the best surprise is silence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Plus there's a huge risk of someone throwing Ishaan into the sea. :-)
Huh? I would have guessed Ishan would done the deed all by himself.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Do you know swimming?
No need. As B&T can attest the Arabian Sea is dead. You can float without knowing how to swim. However there are no bets how long it would take for one to putrify.

Quote:
I know I can handle it.
The question here is can the women?

My wife is so used to me being an asss, that on the rare occasion I act normal, she checks my pulse.
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:24   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes I made that post Shrivz, many years ago. A lot has changed since then. Including on Team-BHP.
The number of women are increasing daily on this site. We have to learn to stop treating it like a bad boys club.
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:35   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi @ MM1
Well, polls in this case are pointless. And I'm not bringing my girlfriend.

That's for sure. I have civilized meets with people all the time. I wanna drink and make stupid jokes and talk crap. No "cattle". If anyone wants to bring his better/worse half, that's his decision, won't change my behaviour. In elf's case, his much better half is a friend and used to nonsense (See WHO she's married to for Pete's sake, no no not Pete the guy who I think makes magic BHP boxes for cars)

I want manson. And whisky. buss.
Quote:
Yes I made that post Shrivz, many years ago. A lot has changed since then. Including on Team-BHP.
The number of women are increasing daily on this site. We have to learn to stop treating it like a bad boys club.
Why are you taking away 10 years of our youth? We are at the same place you were at when you made that post... so the similar backdated sentiment!

Last edited by shrivz : 3rd October 2008 at 17:41.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks