Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:40   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Ajay, it's unfair. Gogi does not relax, he is always playing host at his restaurant, while the rest of us are horsing around. PLUS more importantly, as a principle, he does not drink at his restaurant in front of the staff.
Making him relax wouldn't have been so much of an issue, I would have thought. But yeah, cant let Gogi Sir not drink. Sigh, its a pity. Will miss the food. :( Gogi sir, kuch jugaad lagao yaar. Can we blindfold the staff once every two minutes?

Btw, @ Gogi Sir: Do you think its worth a shot talking to Sony Sachdev? I think he has a rooftop kind of place over H20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz
I second the surd...
Can I make a humble request to the "meet mods"? Please let us make an exception and allow Shrivz to come alone. Based on his protests, I dont think his boyfriend will take to the proceedings of our meet very well.
Old 3rd October 2008, 18:11   #92
BHPian

I wasn't there for MM2 but have heard tales of it.
But the meet at Pritam's was awesome.
It was pretty civilised for women to be around.

But having anchored myself to one spot, i could see Gogi sir on his toes throughout the night.
I seriously don't recollect having seen him seated.
Plus he also mentioned he won't drink at his place as he wants to lead by example and rightly so.

So Pritam's is definitely out.
Sheesh- gonna miss that lovely food i couldn't have much of last time.

Boat- err... i am scared of the ferry capsizing and i will surely sink like a cannon ball.

Whatever you'll do, make sure the food is great and unlimited.

Bandra or some place around would have been nicer as i can catch a rickshaw to the place.
I can't fit in those rusted, re-welded fiat cabs and will have to seek a lift and trouble someone unnecessarily.
Last time, Ramie sir and his bro lugged me around town and i was feeling guilty for all the inconvenience i must have caused.

Damn- it's almost a month away yet.
Old 3rd October 2008, 19:05   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
The Cricket club of India, - Churchgate, one room on the ground floor can occupy 40 people another on the 1st floor can occupy 120 members + catering setup.

Mid town places which really rock and affordability being in line with the last meet - Barbecue Nation Bandra - Awesome food.
I like these 2 options.

In fact BBQ Nation will fit in the budget (Rs 500 pp) but liquor thingy needs to be worked out. And some bit of decency would be expected.

I could also check on MIG Cricket Club, Bandra (Kalanagar). Let me know.
Old 3rd October 2008, 19:19   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Check it out, Nishant. Though I believe they had run into some sort of trouble a while ago.
Old 3rd October 2008, 19:26   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post

In fact BBQ Nation will fit in the budget (Rs 500 pp) but liquor thingy needs to be worked out. And some bit of decency would be expected.

BBQ Nation does not take bookings for a large group that ours could possibly be, and BYOB is a problem. I had checked with them a couple of months back.

MIG again shuts early.

manson.
Old 3rd October 2008, 20:02   #96
BHPian

Nirvana - this is the place near Deonar bus depot, has a hall, food "buffet" starts at 350/- they have a large hall, both indoors and they have an outdoor venue,

BYOB would be tolerated. Have spoken to NC on the same, this is on the left hand side of the Sion Panvel road (in chembur) on the way to Vashi.

This large party/restaurant/bar happens to be after the Deonar bus depot signal.

Cheers
MM
Old 3rd October 2008, 20:22   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Citizen at Juhu beach, and Kings at Juhu next to prithvi theatre?
Both have banquets that would accomodate some 50-80 people without an issue.

manson.

Citizen??? No thanks. Just out of curiosity... How come you suggested this place..??? out of all thousand places all over mumbai.

Kings has Bombay 72 east i think. That should be a good place.
Old 3rd October 2008, 20:35   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Citizen??? No thanks. Just out of curiosity... How come you suggested this place..??? out of all thousand places all over mumbai.
Isn't Citizen a *cough cough* kind of hotel? Manson why did you come up with that? Do you go there often?
Old 3rd October 2008, 21:00   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't Citizen a *cough cough* kind of hotel? Manson why did you come up with that? Do you go there often?
No, he doesn't come across as that kind of a person.

I'm sure he just likes to aimlessly stroll around Juhu beach, drive his bike in endless circles around Juhu Beach and erstwhile Sheetal Samudra and taking the occassional pee halt at the Shauchalaya opposite Mithibai college.
Old 3rd October 2008, 21:35   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Manson must be having membership there.
Old 3rd October 2008, 22:01   #101
Team-BHP Support

Mumbai meri jaan? May have to reconsider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
So Diwali is around the corner, and as expected the MM3 thread has been born. So, this is going to be another soaked in alcohol fun night, loads of guy (maybe gay too) talk
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
Why are you taking away 10 years of our youth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Fast fading youth, fast fading hair....we know the drill.
3 men voting against bringing women to a party!
Ouch! Times have changed - for the worse :(

ps. Swale has listed two negatives, which I must clarify: 1. I haven't seen a old Sardar - even the older ones are generally full of life and youthful. 2. And never one with fading hair.
Old 3rd October 2008, 22:54   #102
Senior - BHPian

guys,

If the ladies on team bhp want to attend the meet and a few of us members want to get wives/gf's along - THEY WILL.

Period.

Manson - teri jawaani dhal rahi hai toh uska zimmedar tu hi hai ! Why are you taking away the fun and joy of the ladies ?
Old 4th October 2008, 00:13   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ajay, it's unfair. PLUS more importantly, as a principle, he does not drink at his restaurant in front of the staff.
Sam its not the staff. I dont drink there as its my place of work. I dont think anyone would drink at their factory or office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
cant let Gogi Sir not drink... kuch jugaad lagao yaar. Can we blindfold the staff once every two minutes?
Yeh Kya "Sir" "Sir" laga rakhi hai Ajay Sir?

No need to blindfold my staff. They know I drink but also know i dont drink on premises. Im ruthless to any staff who reports drunk on duty, i think i should, first, lead by example thats why i dont drink there but i have no issues at the meet being held at my place. Really, so if you guys want to have the meet there its absolutely ok with me.

Quote:
Do you think its worth a shot talking to Sony Sachdev? I think he has a rooftop kind of place over H20.
Well thats would be another good idea. H2) would be a nice place but does it have a seperate enclosure fro 50 pax or so. Secondly keep the timing in mind. No place would let you linger on after 1.30 pm and that means you should finish your meals and pack off by then. Also please note there is a smoking ban on all the places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKeINSTEIN View Post
i could see Gogi sir on his toes throughout the night.
Et Tu Bikeinstien?

Im told the new China Gate at the new mall on linking road is fab for small parties and is reasonable too.
Old 4th October 2008, 00:19   #104

Guys, a small sugesstion from my end. Can we not exceed 500/- per head. Also, can we please decide on how late it is going as that will decide wether i come alone or not!!
Old 4th October 2008, 00:25   #105
Senior - BHPian

Cyrus - I'm sure if it's going on till late then you can drop your GF back home & rejoin the party!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks