Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2008, 15:36   #61
evo
BHPian

Very good idea. I`m game. Ofcourse time and so on needs to be worked. But in principle, all right!
Old 17th October 2008, 16:37   #62
BHPian

This year, me and my doctor buddy decided to do this once-in-a-life-time journey in my jeep. unfortunately it was postponed due to lack of planning, support, company and a whole lot of other small and big hiccups. Now that this thread has come up, i am definitely interested and shall keep an eye on whats going on here.

In my view, these are just a few good things i can think of if done as a group.

1. Going as a team will give you a sense of safety and security. Not that we will be attacked by terrorists or scared by ghosts, but...
2.Can share a lot of resources, experiences, info etc among the group and make it more enjoyable.
3.Help is at hand always when unforeseen things happen. And there is company to fall back on in cases of need.
4.Can spread the team message and do this for a cause.

There is ample time, lets plan it well, lets be prepared and lets do it safely. For now, add me to the 4x4 gang wanting to do this.

Krishna.
Old 17th October 2008, 21:43   #63
Senior - BHPian

tsk ji,

Marsimek la? Intersting. Any tyre change planned before that?

who all from thbp have done MTop in a car?
Old 17th October 2008, 21:52   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Would you be driving up in your King or planning to hitch a ride once up north ?

I'm looking towards clubbing this event with the north-east tour.Sounds like an insane idea but that's what i stand for .only 4/18 ideas of mine click , sigh!.
Too early to say, but would like to drive all the way. Let's see. Will be keeping a close watch on this thread and will do every thing possible to make it happen.

And yes, would do the Arunachal drive also if enough people are ready :-)

Cheers,
Old 18th October 2008, 11:01   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Twill do every thing possible to make it happen.
khan sir,
your guidance needed for this trip.
1] timing ?
2] vehicles to be taken to this trip?
3] primary preperation ?
4] other ?
Old 18th October 2008, 15:27   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
khan sir,
your guidance needed for this trip.
1] timing ?
2] vehicles to be taken to this trip?
3] primary preperation ?
4] other ?
Too early Ahsish for this. But my approach would be:

Timing:
1. Best way it to have some 3-4 time windows and create a poll some 3-4 months before the start summer of next year. Based on the response decide the most convenient date

2. You or few people who are 100% sure decide a date and announce it well in advance. Folks who want to join can plan accordingly.

Vehicle to be taken for Trip:
Let this be decided by participants themselves. Driven sanely, any car would be able to do that.

Primary Preparation:
Lot's of info would be available on this within this forum itself and other forums. Should not be an issue.

I think right now what this thread is doing is creating a common ground for folks interested in the LEH trip to come on a common platform. Individually many of want to do that but this way a group of like minded people can do it.

There's lots of time still. let the thread unfold itself and take it's natural course.
Old 18th October 2008, 15:56   #67
BHPian

^^Thats right, its too early to decide the exact dates, but it should happen between July-Aug 09. So keeping that time frame in mind, everyone should start planning accordingly. Once the season starts, we can all finalize on the exact dates.

This thread is to make all aware of the nitty gritty on the trip, post common concerns and issues, take advice from experienced members on the forum and be mentally and physically prepared.

P.S. Maybe the mods can change the title to something more appropiate, something to reflect the year 2009.
Old 18th October 2008, 16:37   #68
BHPian

Can we have a thread or within this one itself , for people to register their name, location including state traveling from,mode of transport to destination and meeting point .This to be one line as follows so as not to make the roll to big in size to read

eg:
  1. Absynthguzzler(Arun Parikshat) - Hyderabad - CR-V(looking for 2 extra passengers)- Self Drive to Destination - Dates Flexible.
This can be a rolling message as each one adds/edits to the list and can help every person viewing it to collective look at his options and make decisions.Interstate meetings can be held to process all logistics and receive advice +suggestions.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 18th October 2008 at 16:45.
Old 18th October 2008, 16:43   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
This can be a rolling message as each one adds/edits to the list and can help every person viewing it to collective look at his options and make decisions.Interstate meetings can be held to process all logistics and receive advice +suggestions.
rolling message will be helpful but is it possible?
Old 18th October 2008, 16:46   #70
BHPian

^^Thats a brilliant idea. Maybe the first post can be kept updated with the info by the mods.

For people travelling from up north, its not going to be too difficult as they can straightaway start from Delhi-Chandigarh. For people planning to travel from down south or east/west, they will have to plan for convenient rendezvous points.

Here's my info -

Shakensoul (Jayant) + 1: Delhi : WagonR - Self Drive to Destination - July-Aug
Old 18th October 2008, 17:06   #71
BHPian

North Zone :
  1. Shakensoul (Jayant) + 1: Delhi : WagonR - Self Drive to
  2. blah di blah di blah
West Zone
1: Abc - Def
East zone :
1: DEf-Ghi
South Zone
  1. AbsynthGuzzler(Arun Parikshat) - Hyderabad(A.P) - CR-V/Honda City - wanting 2 extra passengers - Flexible with dates.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Now the above can just be edited ,names added and posted . In this way , one only has to read the last post for the updated list.

The thread will strictly not entertain comments,opinions, suggestions and all that.These will be left to the present thread about discussing the whole trip.

I'll leave it to the thread starter/Mods to start this kind of thread if it makes sense, Along with the posting rules in the first section.

Edit : you might have to also give instructions on removing the "quote"commands and just edit the text and repost it .

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 18th October 2008 at 17:13.
Old 18th October 2008, 17:31   #72
Senior - BHPian

count me in for this.
Old 19th October 2008, 00:48   #73
BHPian

Quote:
kittigadu;1019511]
4.Can spread the team message and do this for a cause.

Krishna
You know what, I really like this idea. Apart from the fact that all the bhpians have another reason to be together, this sounds like a great thing to do. All of us somewhere in our hearts want to make a difference, an impact on the society so that things change for the good, why not use the visit to leh to show everyone that " we are the change" the world is looking for & by we I mean, not we bhpians but we, the people.
Let's not expect politicians, rash drivers, corrupt govt. officials to change. Let's not blame others for things which go wrong. Instead we should be the change & I think that this rally to leh, could be a great platform to begin with.
Old 2nd November 2008, 16:02   #74
BHPian

should check out the "Valley Of Flowers", any plans to cover the area?
Old 2nd November 2008, 22:33   #75
Team-BHP Support

Its the other side Millionswords, and is usually a sister trek to the one to Hemkunt Sahib.
Planned to go this year, but due to mom spraining ankle could not.
Maybe next year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks