Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2008, 11:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kolkata - "Baganbari Meet" - November '08 EDIT: Report and pics from pg. 19

if you think you guys had fun and again want to "Jhund Banao" - please feel free to suggest:

1. The venue.
2. Adda-type / Drive
3. Dates
4. POA.

Long drives a fun - we have options like Motel Midway, Kolaghat Dhaba, Reliance A1 Plaza - nh6.

if you think that we need to book table for all at a particular venue then it has to be within city limits. OR - we can go as per suggestions.
Old 30th October 2008, 13:07   #2
BHPian

I am in definitely! Am open to any of the suggestions by the other members. Will love a longer drive if possible!

PS: This is going to be my last meet in Kolkata for some time to come!
Old 30th October 2008, 14:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Am in. Sher-e Punjab Kolaghat would be my pick.
Any weekend in Nov would work.
@Planet: Let's plan the Dec baganbari meet simultaneously since UC needs to make reservations asap. Am in for that as well
Old 30th October 2008, 18:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Am in. Sher-e Punjab Kolaghat would be my pick.
Any weekend in Nov would work.
@Planet: Let's plan the Dec baganbari meet simultaneously since UC needs to make reservations asap. Am in for that as well

Am in too
SEP,Kolaghat would be my pick as well as we can get a chance to have some 'drive'. I suggest 23rd November,a Sunday.Others please pour in.

Dec baganbari meet can be planned simultaneously as I would be happy if we can do it on a grand scale.

Members please suggest.
Old 30th October 2008, 18:45   #5
BHPian

I thought that this meet was going to be the baganbari meet. :(
Chalo, im in wherever it is.
Old 30th October 2008, 18:51   #6
BHPian

Good am in too.... but a small suggestion SEP is a good venue but the kolaghat bridge is big dampner I mean if u get stuck u r gone for 45 minutes or more, recent visits to Haldia has proven this point. How bout going to Shaktigarh on Durgapur expressway. Road is way better and no hastles, and yep other than lengchas we do have couple of decent dhabas out there. Just give a thought
Old 30th October 2008, 19:15   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Good am in too.... but a small suggestion SEP is a good venue but the kolaghat bridge is big dampner I mean if u get stuck u r gone for 45 minutes or more, recent visits to Haldia has proven this point. How bout going to Shaktigarh on Durgapur expressway. Road is way better and no hastles, and yep other than lengchas we do have couple of decent dhabas out there. Just give a thought
Do those 'decent dhabas' serve daaru? Meat without daaru would be a big no-no.Otherwise me_sid is right in pointing out the horrible Kolaghat bridge.I hate those fly-filled,stinking lengcha soup which is served in Saktigarh though.

@Toiingg: Please don't make funny face yaar,we will surely do the baganbari meet.

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 30th October 2008 at 19:17.
Old 30th October 2008, 23:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

I never fancied Lyangcha.

However we need to plan for the baganbari meet, as that will need arrangements (like catering etc) to be made.
Old 30th October 2008, 23:59   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
I suggest 23rd November,a Sunday.Others please pour in.

I would most probably be in Raipur on 23rd, preparing for the drive to Kolkata. A week earlier would suit me better.
Old 31st October 2008, 00:08   #10
Team-BHP Support

If you guys really want to go for a long drive then you can go to Maithon. It will hardly take 2 and half hours to reach there and the place as many of know is really nice. Boat ride on the dam in winter is very pleasant. And on the top of it the road is perfect.
Old 31st October 2008, 00:24   #11
BHPian

Maithon would be a better choice given the road conditions and the distance. It would be better if you can book a couple of rooms at DVC-Majumdar Niwas, specially if you are planning to take your family.
Old 31st October 2008, 00:33   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
If you guys really want to go for a long drive then you can go to Maithon. It will hardly take 2 and half hours to reach there and the place as many of know is really nice. Boat ride on the dam in winter is very pleasant. And on the top of it the road is perfect.
Maithon is a nice idea,and the drive would be great too.Thanks Sumitro for the suggestion,but I guess lot of members would back out because of the distance and night stay.

@Wim: 16th might be possible for me if I don't go to Puri. If I do,then thats the date we are coming back to Calcutta.
Old 31st October 2008, 00:38   #13
BHPian

absolutely,im sorry but i have to ask this. just came back from kolkatta,I had seen alot of amby taxi's there.Most of them had this Train/ship like horn in them.It was loud,can i know what is it called who manufactures it? i really want that horn it was classic,i tried to find some shop but could not find it due to lack of time,can any one help me out? Please PM me

Help appriciated

thanks alot
Old 31st October 2008, 00:39   #14
BHPian

Quote:
..but I guess lot of members would back out because of the distance and night stay.
Maithon can be easily done in a day. Night stay is not necessary. The Majumder Niwas option was to help in unwinding.
Old 31st October 2008, 01:17   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
Maithon can be easily done in a day. Night stay is not necessary. The Majumder Niwas option was to help in unwinding.
absolutely true.. I have never stayed overnight in Maithon and have gone there innumerable times . The short drive from the NH to the dam is also beautiful after one crosses the Mandir (dont remeber the name, sorry for my ignorance) on the left. Messanjore is also a very nice place but will be a little far off..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks