Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2008, 16:33   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i am very glad to join in this first meet of mine, will confirm by tomorrow morning is it okay? plus i wanted a clearance, i dont drink. is it okay for me to join? what time at grand? 8.00 PM ??
Not a problem amit - we non drinkers are welcome at these meets. In fact, we're needed as translators once the rest of the lot cannot speak coherently.
Old 7th November 2008, 16:36   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
We're keeping the identity of the second judge secret so that people don't try to bribe him.
bas kya swale. ICE tuning bola to ajay hi ayega aur kaun :-) is that supposed to be a secret.

btw no one can bribe ajay at grand. He is a vodka man that too smirnoof nothing else but smirnoff
Ajay - correct me if im am wrong.

Btw pune gang I got transferred to mumbai this week I missed a hell lot of pune meets and gonna miss one more

since this was my first week in mumbai i cant make it. hopefully next time.
Old 7th November 2008, 16:44   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Alright an exciting update about the meet:

We're going to have an ICE tuning event / competition..
amey's expensive ICE setup - his car smells very nice now, we don't want it smelling of Paneer Chilly by the end of the night
As we speak Amey must be hatching a virus that will inflict your computer and doom you forever.

Btw, Amee Bhaiyya. I wonder whether you have read the warranty document and the list of various situations that can render it void.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
bas kya swale. ICE tuning bola to ajay hi ayega aur kaun :-) is that supposed to be a secret.
Err, no. Its not going to be me.
Old 7th November 2008, 16:48   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Alright an exciting update about the meet:

We're going to have an ICE tuning event / competition.
Now, that's what we are talking about. Pune has always been the pioneer when it comes to meet ideas (Remember Goa? For the rest, what happened there stayed there!).

Suhail, I have some ideas for the competition - let me know what you think:

1. I think after the fibreglass work on the front doors, the rest of the body might rattle relatively, so you can have the option of removing the doors and the hatch for contestants who want a rattle - free experience.

2. This should be a freestyle competition. So, the 15 minutes competitors get in the vehicle are upto them. You may tinker around with the settings on the HU, Amp, Crossovers, Pete's Box, the Air Filter, Speaker Placements and so on. You may also use this time to 'make out' with hkanitkar or with any people of the opposite sex. Rest assured, Grand is a place to pick up some - Please ask 1self for more information.

3. Now, time alignment is really information and you can 'obviously' make out the delay the sound takes to travel. Amey has learnt his physics lessons well and he realizes that. So, he has agreed to get an Omega Speedmaster to calculate the delay and to more efficiently do the TA setup. The watch, of course, goes to the winner. If no one can impress Amey with their tunings, the watch will be couriered to me.

4. The choice of music can make a difference to the judges' decision. Please get your CDs, Ipods, tapes, DVDs, Blue Rays, LPs and so on, and the respective device to hook it up to the ICE setup. You may PM Amey for any Aux-IN or iPod interface details. Sorry Kiran but "Dard-e-Disco" has been banned for use in public places, post 2nd October. (Restaurants and pubs may have a separate listening room though). Himesh, Om Shanti Om will get you extra points. I can't tell you the checkmate move though you can PM me for details.

5. Finally, since Amey has always been an ardent supporter of the "Save the World Overclockers" campaign, competitors will also be given an opportunity to get their DICE setups and tinker with the amplifiers. This can revolutionize the ICE world and we, the Pune BHPians, will be proud of such members!

I will be updating this thread soon with more ideas. Meanwhile, getting tickets for Pune - This competition is one I am not going to miss for anything. Except for a lap dance from Kiran.
Old 7th November 2008, 16:48   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autojunkie View Post
Dude, would have loved to participate but my ICE is in a bad shape. Maybe I can get the gurus to figure out how to get it back in order.
You misunderstood buddy. The tuning will be done on AMey's ICE. In his swift.

@ Gautam - I really like your ideas. But lets not get carried away witht he speedmaster and all. I've just spoken to Amey - he's agreed to go with a Tissot touch.

Also, he is going to provide the measuring tape. However, one of the rulers is being borrowed from Dhavalee, so i suggest it be sterilised before use - who knows whats been measured with it before?

Last edited by swale84 : 7th November 2008 at 16:56.
Old 7th November 2008, 17:42   #51
BHPian

@fatal3rror, Here I was getting excited to bring my collection of 8-Track, but it seems Amey is not supporting that format. (Though I wonder who he is supporting after a few drinks? Last time at Vikram's, I narrowly escaped by leaving at the right time!)
Old 7th November 2008, 17:43   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Not a problem amit - we non drinkers are welcome at these meets. In fact, we're needed as translators once the rest of the lot cannot speak coherently.
WE?! Looks like last night's hangover is still around!

Quote:
Also, he is going to provide the measuring tape. However, one of the rulers is being borrowed from Dhavalee, so i suggest it be sterilised before use - who knows whats been measured with it before?
Damn you Suhail! A ruler from 'Chikat Dhavalee' is taking this competition into the halls of ICE fame!
Old 7th November 2008, 18:17   #53

I think Gautam has given us brillinat ideas for "The Event". Dude you better not miss this one now!!

Thanks a ton Amey for giving us your car for such a 'noble' cause. You have always been very generous and kind, keep up the good work!!

Guys, I bet Amey is planning something really big for the event thats why he hasnt posted as yet. He's probably gonna ice us all after the event!!

And Suhail - "We" non drinkers!!! What did you have for lunch..or is it the lack of fluids in your body..
Old 7th November 2008, 18:21   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, one of the rulers is being borrowed from Dhavalee, so i suggest it be sterilised before use - who knows whats been measured with it before?
I could almost be certain that in school, we were taught that the measurement of such "objects" would call for the use of an instrument called the micrometer screw gauge. Of course, one could use a foot-ruler, but that would greatly increase the scope for inaccuracy/ measurement errors. Besides, a screw gauge shouldn't prove very hard to procure. I'm sure moralfibre already has one on duty.
Old 7th November 2008, 18:26   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I'm sure moralfibre already has one on duty.
Now that you've reminded me, I must return your micrometer screw gauge along with those tweezers that you unnecessarily packed in the box.
Old 7th November 2008, 19:43   #56
BHPian

Go on ......
A list of all these over enthu people is being prepared as this thread is proceeding.

Also, to add to the excitement, i wont be bringing the Swift, Octy should be just fine.So there goes this novel idea up someones somewhere (Read: the great mind who came up with this idea)
Old 7th November 2008, 19:58   #57
BHPian

Damn.. damn..
Please postpone the meet to sunday.. Can't make it on saturday!
Swaley, please register my name for the second round of the ameeboom contest on Sunday!
Old 7th November 2008, 20:03   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
Damn.. damn..
Please postpone the meet to sunday.. Can't make it on saturday!
Swaley, please register my name for the second round of the ameeboom contest on Sunday!
1. Meet is happening on Saturday
2. You are underage to enter the contest
3. Kids are not allowed to even roam around when such events are happening.
4. So wont make much difference if you cant make it.
Old 7th November 2008, 21:17   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATAL3RROR View Post
WE?! Looks like last night's hangover is still around!

Damn you Suhail! A ruler from 'Chikat Dhavalee' is taking this competition into the halls of ICE fame!
I have just received news from Dhaval - He's really pissed of that we're talking about him bringing his 'special' ruler when in fact he's going to be bringing his vernier callipers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.arora View Post
Thanks a ton Amey for giving us your car for such a 'noble' cause. You have always been very generous and kind, keep up the good work!!
Yes, thank you Ameee!! For letting people play with your car and your ermm.. Towel

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.arora View Post
Guys, I bet Amey is planning something really big for the event thats why he hasnt posted as yet. He's probably gonna ice us all after the event!!

And Suhail - "We" non drinkers!!! What did you have for lunch..or is it the lack of fluids in your body..
Yes "We " non drinkers - jeeez, why are you guys making such a big deal about it. When was the last time I drank at a meet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I could almost be certain that in school, we were taught that the measurement of such "objects" would call for the use of an instrument called the micrometer screw gauge. Of course, one could use a foot-ruler, but that would greatly increase the scope for inaccuracy/ measurement errors. Besides, a screw gauge shouldn't prove very hard to procure. I'm sure moralfibre already has one on duty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Now that you've reminded me, I must return your micrometer screw gauge along with those tweezers that you unnecessarily packed in the box.
Yes moralfibre - don't forget to add the magnifying glass that you needed to use as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Go on ......
A list of all these over enthu people is being prepared as this thread is proceeding.

Also, to add to the excitement, i wont be bringing the Swift, Octy should be just fine.So there goes this novel idea up someones somewhere (Read: the great mind who came up with this idea)
So you agree I have a great mind, Thank you sir :-)
Old 7th November 2008, 21:28   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Here's the confirm list for the meet at Grand (wherever it is):

Amy
Swaley
Karlu
Dhavalee
Autojunkie
Hkanitkar
Raja
Throttlequeen
spadival
shrivz
MF
Abey bevdey. You missed my name. I am coming for the meet too. At least try to limit drinks when you are near a keyboard.

Most Viewed