Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2008, 15:28   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Hi,

Missed out the drive. Was on bullet ride to nandi hills. Hrag, were you able to recce of Off roading spots on the way? how potential is the terrain?

Dwarak
Ya we saw a big bunch of bulleteers on NH7 when we were gathering near Yelahanka.
Saw the roaring bullet sound in synchronicity for the first time. Maan, that was an awesome sound.

Abhi
Old 10th November 2008, 15:30   #47
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Hi,

Missed out the drive. Was on bullet ride to nandi hills. Hrag, were you able to recce of Off roading spots on the way? how potential is the terrain?

Dwarak
I actually saw atleast 30 bullets at a chai shop before we headed onto the main road from the service lane. Wanted to stop and take a pic, but since my memory card started acting up had to leave without a pic..
Old 10th November 2008, 15:30   #48
BANNED

Dwarak, could see some good spots. No proper recce done. 2 or more vehicles, we can definitely do a recce.

Hope your ride was good. We saw the Bullets whizzing past and I said - Dwarak's in there somewhere!

Nothing comes close to the sound of a group of Bullets roaring past you on a highway. Everyone felt this way yesterday morning.
Old 10th November 2008, 15:59   #49
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Lovely to see so many of you guys turn up for the meet and so many gazillion pics. Great way to kickstart the winter meets and set the tone for other regions...or do i say chapters. Man, the next Rotary International thass what tbhp is...!!!

Cheers,
Premjit
Old 10th November 2008, 20:13   #50
Senior - BHPian

yeah its been only a day and I am already looking forward to the next one

Its all good kartik but will hold you to the drink for sure.

The Alto was impressive. Vid but how did you like my car ? was it stock enough??
Old 10th November 2008, 20:35   #51
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
yeah its been only a day and I am already looking forward to the next one
Amit, are you going to wake up at 6am on a Sunday morning for a meet?
Old 10th November 2008, 21:08   #52
Senior - BHPian

that will be a tough call buddy.. But look at least i made it to this one..
Old 10th November 2008, 21:34   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
The Alto was impressive. Vid but how did you like my car ? was it stock enough??
That stock baleno was beyond impressive. I had no idea about the acceleration till Jay reminded me to look down to the speedo. It was as silent as a stock baleno and super smooth. Really sweet car.
Old 10th November 2008, 21:49   #54
Senior - BHPian

Another Report

Woke early at 5AM, kids were excited so were already awake, and became ready to hit the roads by 6.15AM.

A verymuch uneventful drive till Hebbal, and on to BIA road. Oh man, the BIA road was covered with thick fog!! Slowly reached Kogilu cross by 6.50AM. Looked around for a parking place, near an Indian oil outlet and waited.

Could see no other cars, was a bit shocked. Decide to call up Lukeskywalker. As expected his line was busy (He later complained of running a call center in the morning ). After sometime he called back to inform that Akroy's car is stuck and they would be coming together in a while. A few moments later Perez joined in. A little later many BHPians joined in. By 7.30 almost all confirmed members have come.
Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-1.jpg
Akroy started collecting money and doing the mathematics, I was peeping into his list to get a feel of the user name and actual name and figuring out who's who. Got introduced to the other BHpians. Apologies to all - I remember your nicks, but a few real names I still miss. Next time surely I'll get them right.

By this time thundering sounds of some 30 odd bullets came, and it was indeed a sight to see them ride by in style.

We moved from the meeting point and stopped near Saibaba temple. Karthikkumar joined us there in his silver beauty.
Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-2.jpg
We moved on after a while to the temple. Some how I was the last and was behind a few trucks. Missed the left turn and went straight. Ravibaht saw me going straight and informed lukeskywalker. He called me and I was again back on track. By the time I reached the temple the group photshoot was over, and am not in the photo . Next time I swear I'll be the front bencher.

From there we moved onto the breakfast place. Hrag was behind me. The roads were some sort of offroading types , and I was thinking for a moment I am definitely out of place. But a small look on the rear view mirror, I saw Hrag making his own road using the Safari. Hmm, filled with envy took my civic into it (did I have a choice - ofcourse no!), and she did it with grace. Confidence in her is increasing.

Seeing such a lot of cars coming in the cowherds and sheperds thought we are going to shoot some film there. I guess that's why kartikkumar has got a lot of fans.

We had a great breakfast.
Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-3.jpg
Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-4.jpg
We parked cars next to each other, and as if they were models we were clicking photos like hell. Who in the world loves their cars like a BHPian?
Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-5.jpg
Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-6.jpg
Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-7.jpg
After the heavy breakfast we drove to the dam. I was totally shocked as the entire road was some great offroading. Patted the Civic and said, baby no choice, you have to go. Oh man, she just shocked me, by doing the roads in style, giving me more confidence in her capabilities.

Reached the dam, looked around there.
Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-8.jpg
Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-9.jpg

Iceman and jay joined as there.

Relaxed for a while and moved on to have lunch at anyone dhaba on the BIA road.

Here comes the fun, valhallen, Iceman, karthikkumar had a slow start from the dam area and started driving through the curvy roads. I was keeping up with them till a right turn to somewhere, and lo - I could not believe a baleno, alto, swift and wagon r could do those speeds. Oh man it was crazy seeing them go. My adrenaline rush made me go behind, but I realised soon that they were not in my league, and slowed down. After a while I could see them relaxing at the road side, evidently they were there atleast 5 minutes ahead.

From there we reached the dhaba, had some good food. Iceman enjoyed his iced tea. We were there till 4.30PM.

Then we had another coffebreak. While we were having coffe break, Iceman testdrove swift8847's swift. Oh My God, it was flying. His FFE screaming his throat out.

Ok, all good things comes to an end. we left the dhaba by 5PM and reached home by 6PM. A great day, new friends, full of fun...

Looking out already for the next meet. Thankyou guys for making a wonderful day in our life.
Old 10th November 2008, 21:54   #55
BHPian

@luke, @akroy: Thank you so much for organising the meet. It was fun. Amazing drive, amazing food, AMAZING PEOPLE(most important).

@vid6639: Buddy, I wish I was sitting in your car when iceman took it for a spin. Btw liked the movie???

@Iceman: Nice ICE man. Its a well maintained "STOCK" BALENO. I dint know my car could do 140 in 3 gear. Will try doing it myself sometime, thanks for giving me the gyan on my clutch.

@hrag, @patchyboy and others: Sorry about the age discussion. Dint mean to offend anyone. But then most of my guesses were right. were'nt they???

This was my first meet. I am glad I could make it to this one. Maybe this was the best way to know you guys.

I had a great time. Team bhp is adictive, TBHP meets are even more addictive. Trust me. I am eagerly waiting for the next meet. Hoping it will happen soon.

Very important: I aint gonna call the seniors members SIR. I am sure you guys were sick and tired of it. Will make sure it doesnt happen next time. Happy seniors??

Last edited by swift8847 : 10th November 2008 at 22:05. Reason: forgot to add.
Old 10th November 2008, 22:11   #56
Senior - BHPian

[quote=swift8847;1047817@hrag, @patchyboy and others: Sorry about the age discussion. Dint mean to offend anyone. But then most of my guesses were right. were'nt they???

This was my first meet. I am glad I could make it to this one. Maybe this was the best way to know you guys.

I had a great time. Team bhp is adictive, TBHP meets are even more addictive. Trust me. I am eagerly waiting for the next meet. Hoping it will happen soon.[/quote]

If I can get Hrags safari, I assure you i'll ride over your swift to make it a lamborgini for guessing my age to 47.

you are very true, it is very addictive . me too waiting for the next meet.
Old 10th November 2008, 22:12   #57
Team-BHP Support

Pics as promised from my side.

Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-p1010551-large.jpg

Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-p1010552-large.jpg

Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-p1010553-large.jpg

Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-p1010556-large.jpg

Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-p1010557-large.jpg

Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-p1010560-large.jpg

Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-p1010561-large.jpg

Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-p1010562-large.jpg

Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-p1010564-large.jpg

Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-p1010566-large.jpg

Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-p1010567-large.jpg

Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-p1010570-large.jpg
Old 10th November 2008, 22:23   #58
Team-BHP Support

Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-p1010574-large.jpg

Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-p1010575-large.jpg

Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-p1010579-large.jpg

Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-p1010580-large.jpg

That's all the pics I have folks.

Quote:
Will try doing it myself sometime, thanks for giving me the gyan on my clutch.
Ah so your clutch was slipping? no wonder I was able to keep up.

Quote:
@vid6639: liked the movie???
Movie was ok. I think I was too tired to actually understand the movie. To top it off I reached a bit late so missed the car chase. Am going again to watch this week sometime.
Old 10th November 2008, 22:43   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
That stock baleno was beyond impressive. I had no idea about the acceleration till Jay reminded me to look down to the speedo. It was as silent as a stock baleno and super smooth. Really sweet car.
Stock Baleno and IceMan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
I start the car, press the clutch and revrse it out of the parking. I feel something wrong, clutch was hard. The car struggled to go past the inclined stretch infront of the apartment. Within no time I realized that the clutch is slipping.
Somehow reached ORR and called up Lokesh, he told to bring the car to MASS immediately but I cannot. I call Hari and tell him about the problem and he told to join in his wife's Accent as his Optra clutch also gave up last night.
It was worst possible start for me.
I failed to understand that I went to JP nagar yesterday with 5 office colleagues and full AC and easily doing 80kmph and didnt face any issue
How come sudden clutch failure? Anyway somehow I reach hari's house, park the car there.
How the hell did both your cars blow clutch on the same day? How much have these cars done?
Old 10th November 2008, 22:48   #60
BHPian

Fantastic pictures! sounds look you guys had lot of fun! the place looks awesome

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks