Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 13:02   #76
BANNED

Guys, I was not making my own road. I was just driving normally while all you guys in cars were snaking around on the so-called bad patches like F1 cars warming the tyres.
Old 11th November 2008, 13:24   #77
Senior - BHPian

No more pics eh, Karthik where are the rest of the pix dude ?
Old 11th November 2008, 13:33   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
viddy no fair its not like i was in a bullockcart or something. it DOES have a stock replacement k&n which argued somewhere else. i didn't mind giving way but at the sections the overtake was attempted i didn't have scope. else i would have.
Not you dude, I was referring to iceman91. I was sure I would need to give way to him or to Mclaren so was looking in the mirrors when to move aside for them. My car was the slowest of the lot so was moving aside for the quicker cars. I remember letting you through as well since I lost momentum at one stretch.

I may have the FFE but I had stock tyres and still one cylinder short compared to all other cars.

Don't worry dude I guess iceman was just playing safe.

Quote:
Guys, I was not making my own road. I was just driving normally while all you guys in cars were snaking around on the so-called bad patches like F1 cars warming the tyres.
lol yeah come to think about it that's exactly how it was. Pothole on left then on right. To add to that piles of cow dung which also i was trying to avoid else the car would stink like crazy when i parked back at home.
Old 11th November 2008, 14:06   #79
BHPian

@hrag thanks for at least saying F1 cars. i was at one point wondering when the slalom and traction control test would end. AND normal yeah sure true. at times i wished i had legs (springs) as long as yours.
@vid i was wondering why you had so much steering input going. no worries man.
@lalu don't worry bring the newest JWRC monster next time. (swift) it'll serve the purpose well.
@akroy glad to hear your alto is back would like to see it in action next time. sad that the clutch gave way like that. chopped tooth suddenly i have heard of too. my friends bal lost 4 teeth in 3rd gear. but ended up replacing 3rd and 4th. i never figured how he managed that.
Old 11th November 2008, 14:32   #80
Jay
BHPian

It was a nice meet, wouldnt have made it if i had to come at 6 or 7 in the morning. Was a nice drive except for the "Small" stretch of bad road to the Dam. WE took off at one place, but throughout the way Iceman was Praising his suspension that the car didnt bottom out anywhere and then suddenly we heard a thud... front bumper touched... other than that, loved the way his "Stock" car handles.

It was nice to meet the bhpians after a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Tired of waiting for his Zonda, Jay turns up in his new colourful ATV. Notice the spare chassis that Jay brought, just in case this one gets damaged .
Tell me about it... Once bitten ,twice shy is what they say right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Flight91 ready for landing!
We did take off at one place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
and it was less than half of a half bottle so more like a quarter!!!
And what happened to the first half of the half bottle that we picked up ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Amit- you must be special to Viddy - for you are the first to be allowed a drive of that pocket's rocket!
Viddy was made an offer he couldnt resist

Quote:
showed iceman that even a wagonR can take a sharp righthander on the ghats
My friend, you would have had a different opinion about that if you'd have seen it from where we saw...

Quote:
All it did was get me to stay away from you. That car was scary to look at there were times when we were like ouch here comes the inevitable.
, iceman's car handles way better than a stock car, and after seeing your car handle the corner, he decided not to push you. Arent you on stock tires ?

Quote:
viddy no fair its not like i was in a bullockcart or something. it DOES have a stock replacement k&n
Hey dont get offended buddy, Viddy told that coz he knows how Iceman drives and what that car is capable of and trust me, He wasnt pushing.
Old 11th November 2008, 14:32   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
chopped tooth suddenly i have heard of too. my friends bal lost 4 teeth in 3rd gear. but ended up replacing 3rd and 4th. i never figured how he managed that.
Hey not about gear teeth, the pressure plate teeth I mean

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 11th November 2008 at 14:34.
Old 11th November 2008, 14:46   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Can someone who attended the meet put names/handles to this (or some other group picture) so that folks like me who missed out on this meet can put faces to the names/handles.

Looking at the picture, there are lots of folks I who I have not met before and would have had met had I been there

Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-nandi-temple.jpg

Cheers,
Old 11th November 2008, 15:12   #83
BHPian

Jay i know he wasn't pushing and i know the limits were coming pretty close. decided to back off after a certain sharp left hander left me struggling for grip on the inside and hopping mad that it was refusing to hold. that tyre is up for replacement anyway. yes bro stock tyres very very 43k old stock tyres. i saw you guys smoke away and didn't want to chance. if i remember icy was commenting on his very stock HR springs was it? No offence taken don worry. healthy dose of humour is very necessary along with takin stuff with sugar. i knew i was WAY out of my league in front of iceman anyway. considering not bringing my ride next time.
@khan sultan there is a pic with the names marked but above the pic.
@akroy i know. i was talking about just eating teeth and how they decide to show up at the oddest and most irritating times.
Old 11th November 2008, 15:15   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
L -> R: RGP, Mrs RGP, Jedi's angel, Mr & Mrs Jedi, Mrs Akroy, Perez' GF, Perez, Lukeskywalker, Swift8847, nevertouchme, BomBatt, Valhalen.282, Ravibhat, Vid6639, Mclarens
Attachment 68436
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Can someone who attended the meet put names/handles to this (or some other group picture) so that folks like me who missed out on this meet can put faces to the names/handles.

Looking at the picture, there are lots of folks I who I have not met before and would have had met had I been there

Attachment 68751

Cheers,
here you go!!!

Cheers
Old 11th November 2008, 15:27   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
No more pics eh, Karthik where are the rest of the pix dude ?
Well if the real photographers (read Riju) amongst us had made it to the meet then there would have been more pics, wouldn't there?
Old 11th November 2008, 15:30   #86
Team-BHP Support

Looks like Kartik has been practising his sprint timings these days, to time the camera and then make an accurate run to be in the frame when it clicks.
Old 11th November 2008, 17:29   #87
BANNED

What Kartik is not admitting is that he bought a universal remote (for car, ICE, camera etc.) from Tele Shopping Network and it didn't work as expected.
Old 11th November 2008, 17:37   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Looks like Kartik has been practising his sprint timings these days, to time the camera and then make an accurate run to be in the frame when it clicks.

Aerodynamics of a smooth plate at work.
Old 11th November 2008, 20:24   #89
Senior - BHPian

its all cool mate.. No offense meant none taken. All good. I have hr wheels and complete eibach setup for suspension. Hence the handling. I must say it is mind boggling. The comfort yet the performance. At one point like jay said we were all four wheels in the air. But landed perfectly and continued without any complaints. Plus handled all the corners on the bad stretch with ease. I think enough about that on this thread.
Old 11th November 2008, 20:59   #90
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
I was sure I would need to give way to him or to Mclaren so was looking in the mirrors when to move aside for them.
Traitors! Left me and scooted off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Tell me about it... Once bitten ,twice shy is what they say right ?

He wasnt pushing.
Jay, you seem to be learning the trade very fast . A certain lady enjoyed the baleno screaming at full glory.

Msg to Amit from 0111: Baleno colour is awesome! Now that isnt stock is it?

Quote:
complete eibach setup for suspension.
Amit, I was really impressed by the suspension. Must try it out. Btw how much?

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 11th November 2008 at 21:01.

Most Viewed