Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: When can you make it for the drive?
Saturday (6-12-2008)? 56 43.41%
Sunday (7-12-2008)? 58 44.96%
I shall relax at home! 30 23.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2008, 16:25   #166
Senior - BHPian

Hope it is on the Sunday. Can;t make it on the Saturday :(
Old 27th November 2008, 17:45   #167
BHPian

Saturday would be cool. Sunday stuck with couple of social engagements.
Old 27th November 2008, 18:39   #168
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Rahul, I need to drop out from this drive. Expecting some guest's on Saturday and There is a friend's house warming ceremony on Sunday.

you guys have fun.
Abhi
Old 27th November 2008, 18:40   #169
BHPian

hi finally has it been decided whether is it saturday or sunday? no update on that ???
Old 28th November 2008, 02:47   #170
BHPian

I will be working on Saturday and stuck on another appointment on Sunday. I will do my best to come to this meet(which will be my first, if i do make it).
Old 28th November 2008, 09:05   #171
BANNED

Bikers!! considering the current climate in Bangalore i was hoping the climate got much better by the time of the meet :(

Last edited by nripin : 28th November 2008 at 09:13.
Old 28th November 2008, 15:12   #172
BHPian

I am in for Sunday if I can get at least 2 more to join me, or if I can join with somebody else. Saturday I have some school programs to attend.
Old 28th November 2008, 16:15   #173
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

After a lot of confusion and breaking my head counting the number of people the final decision has been made. The drive will be on SUNDAY. There are many people who have voted for Saturday on the poll but are ready to make it on Sunday too. Besides, the roads will be a lot free on Sunday, last thing we need isto get stuck in the chaos of people leaving town over the weekend.

Guys, all those of you set to get rolling on Sunday, kindly confirm your participation thru SMS immediately. I need to know the head count to order lunch for all of us. Thanks. A to/not to do list, disclaimer, itinerary shall be put up soon. Kindly keep an eye on the thread.
Old 28th November 2008, 16:26   #174
BANNED

Great!! Sunday decided!! now most of the people requesting for sunday can join. "Vikram_d bhagwaan(Rahul) ne tumhari sun li!!"
Old 28th November 2008, 16:37   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
The drive will be on SUNDAY.
@
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
"Vikram_d bhagwaan(Rahul) ne tumhari sun li!!"
Nice. Very nice.

My confirmation. Me + 1 (my bro). Both beer drinkers. Both veg.

Last edited by vikram_d : 28th November 2008 at 16:38.
Old 28th November 2008, 16:48   #176
@ri
BHPian

great! Will look forward to meeting lots of Team-BHPians on 7th December!cheers:
Old 28th November 2008, 16:48   #177
BHPian

Am glad that the drive is on sunday.

Will confirm the entries tonight.
Old 28th November 2008, 17:23   #178
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

The date has been finalized for the drive.

Sunday (7-12-08) it is. I am putting up the itinerary and a must do/dont list here, request all members to kindly follow the same.

Itinerary:

1. Meeting point @ Dakshin Honda, Hosur Road @ sharp 6:30 am. I request all members to kindly adhere to the time so that we avoid traffic at Hosur.

2. We head to breakfast @ A2B - Members who can't make it on time can join us here directly.

3. We leave from A2B and the next meeting point will be Krishnagiri Toll Gate. Once you cross the toll gate, go over the first two fly overs, at the 3rd flyover hit the service lane (dont go over the flyover) and join the Bangalore-Chennai GQ. If you go straight you will go to Coimbatore. So kindly keep a note of this.

4. The final meeting point will be the first toll gate after taking the left turn at the Krishnagiri toll gate. I request all members to slow down after paying the toll onto the side and form a convoy.

5. From here we will have a lead car and a sweeper car to make sure no one gets lost. I request all members to adhere to this and not zoom off as and when they wish to. You are free to drive the way you want upto the final toll gate. But after that please maintain discipline.

6. We head to Hotel Landmark, sip on some cool drinks, beers etc and munch on some starters until lunch is ready. After lunch, if there is time we head to a small lake nearby in case people want to go boating etc.

7. We leave around 4:30ish and head back home.

Confirmations:

1. Request all BHPians to SMS their details to +919739961019 in the following order:

Name:
Id:
Car:
Number of ppl:
Veg/Non Veg:
Alcohol: Number of KF bottles, any other requests if any.

Kindly make sure you send across an SMS. It will not only help me get in touch with you guys in case of delays etc, we had had too many people confirm on threads and not turn up. So only those confirmations sent via SMS shall be finalized.

Beers will not be allowed inside the hotel, as they stock KF and dont want to lose out on their sales. However hot drinks can be brought by members as they dont stock whisky, scotch etc. So all those of you, who don't like beer kindly Bring Your Own Booze.

Since I have to pay them an advance (by 3rd of Dec) with an approx number of heads for the buffet, I request all members to kindly deposit Rs.300 per person to the following bank account at the earliest.

Hemalatha R Kodidini
363010100050625, RT.Nagar Branch, Axis Bank.

All those who want to avoid going to the bank, kindly appoint one person from your area who will volunteer to collect the cash from everyone and hand it over to me.

Do's:
1. Kindly check all fluids on your car, tire pressure, check for any leaks etc.
2. Carry plenty of water.
3. Carry all documents related to the car, your driver's license etc.
4. Atleast gather up 2-3 numbers of different members for reference in case you need directions, help etc.
5. All those hitching a ride with other members kindly decide on the meet points etc and try not to delay/cause inconvenience to the others.
6. Kindly wear seatbelts at all times.
7. Kindly reach Dakshin Honda on time.
8. Drive safe, know your limits and that of your car.

Dont's:
1. Please do not drive rash. I am not saying dont drive fast, but drive fast responsibly.
2. Kindly do not try to imitate what other drivers are doing on the road. If a car is faster than yours kindly make way for them, do not block them and create unnecessary scenes. This is not a RACE.
3. Any incidents (god forbid) that happen will be the sole responsibility of the memebers involved. Organizers, TBHP shall take no responsibility for such incidents.

I shall add pointers as and when I feel the need to. Thanks guys, lets make this a enjoyable meet. Now lets start the confirmations.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th November 2008 at 18:35.
Old 28th November 2008, 17:36   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
3. We leave from A2B and the next meeting point will be Krishnagiri Toll Gate. Once you cross the toll gate, go over the first two fly overs, at the 3rd flyover hit the service lane (dont go over the flyover) and join the Bangalore-Chennai GQ. If you go straight you will go to Coimbatore. So kindly keep a note of this.
Go over the first flyover and go below the second one and take left. I don't think there is a 3rd one here.
Old 28th November 2008, 18:02   #180
Senior - BHPian

vikram when did you become veg?? So you comin on the bike too or gettin both..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks