Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2008, 16:17   #16
Joz
BHPian

A day well spent guys. Loved every moment of it but the highlights for me were the action outside the track, Mr. Craig Jones and of course the music at Music Room.
Where are the pics you bazooka wielding men? Still reeling from the hangover or what? These drunkards I tell you!
Old 17th November 2008, 12:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Some random pics in no particular order - have been really tied up with work, therefore please excuse the lack of a storyline or the random selection of pics:

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1366-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1369-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1370-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1373-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1374-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1375-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1377-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1379-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1382-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1383-medium.jpg
Old 17th November 2008, 13:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

More pics. Please ignore any repetitions as I'm doing this in a hurry:

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1367-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1390-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1393-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1396-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1398-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1399-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1401-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1402-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1404-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1407-medium.jpg
Old 17th November 2008, 13:05   #19
BHPian

I think you are doing this so fast that, the pictures are not visible at all.
Old 17th November 2008, 13:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

I can see the pics - you may have to wait a while for them to load, though.

Here we go again:

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1408-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1409-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1410-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1412-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1413-medium.jpg

Name:  SAN_1416 Medium.JPG
Views: 266
Size:  68.3 KB

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1417-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1420-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1421-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1423-medium.jpg
Old 17th November 2008, 13:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Some trackside action. Not very interesting if you dont know who's racing whom, but what the heck the pics are here. The highlight of the race was that a certain Bin Laden (Abdul Rahman) started at the end of the grid and finished 2nd after fighting his way through the grid.

Please note all track and stunt pics were taken from the top of the grandstands, which is not very close to the track in terms of distance:
Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1466-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1467-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1473-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1479-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1482-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1490-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1532-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1572-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1574-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1580-medium.jpg

Last edited by Steeroid : 17th November 2008 at 13:32.
Old 17th November 2008, 13:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

Craig Jones and his stunts. Around this time a dust storm started brewing and visibility was cut down drastically - towards the end of the hastily terminated show we could hardly see the man on the track. Most of the pictures are cropped images from larger pictures which is all I could manage even at 300mm.

The dust storm signalled the start of winter and was followed by a brief drizzle, followed by thunderstorms later in the night.

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1581-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1584-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1585-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1586-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1587-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1588-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1590-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1591-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1594-medium.jpg

Name:  SAN_1595 Medium.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  40.0 KB
Old 17th November 2008, 13:41   #23
BHPian

Fantastic stuff. Thank you for sharing.
Old 17th November 2008, 13:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

More pics. Visibility from the stands was pretty dismal from this point - I found it easier to watch through the lens.

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1601-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1602-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1603-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1604-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1605-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1606-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1607-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1616-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1617-medium.jpg
Old 17th November 2008, 13:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

Last set of pics and you can see how bad things were in some of the pictures. This guy however kept doing his stunts even though he would've been blinded by the wind-driven sand in his open-face helmet:

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1622-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1623-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1627-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1641-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1644-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1645-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1646-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1714-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1717-medium.jpg

Calling all DXB/AD or UAE based BHPians - The Barbican Turbo Fest!-san_1718-medium.jpg
Old 17th November 2008, 15:14   #26
BHPian

You guys certainly had some fun. The pics are great given the distance from where you have shot them.
Old 17th November 2008, 17:56   #27
BHPian

Missed the meet

missed the meet. Looks like all had a ball! Hope to join you guys in the next meet.
Old 17th November 2008, 19:00   #28
BANNED

Wow! Amazing.
A real Motorgasm for any Team-bhpian! :

Thanks, Mr. Jaguar and Mr. Detox! LoL.....
Old 17th November 2008, 19:49   #29
Joz
BHPian

Some details of the pics above.

Set 1:
Pic 3: Guys returning from the training by Craig Jones which we missed.
Pic 4: That's Petra on the Buell. She has promised to invite me for the next riding event by Buell.
Pic 6: One of the 620 hp beasts used for the Speedcar series. The one where the likes of Johnny Herbert, Jean Alesi and Jacques Villeneuve are racing. The exhaust note of these cars is nothing short of orgasmic. I had a peak at the engine bay, it looked awesome but i didn't understand a jack of what i saw.

Set 2:
Pic 2/3: Thats the Trimontana Supercar from Spain. V12 mercedes engine which is capable of doing 0 - 100 in 3.5 secs and which can be further tweaked to do 2.5 secs. Two seater. 2 million AED / seat!

Steer, thanks for bringing the riding gear along. I was hoping atleast you could sit in instead of me. Next time!
Old 17th November 2008, 19:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz View Post
Pic 4: That's Petra on the Buell. She has promised to invite me for the next riding event by Buell. !
I hope Anju knows about this, because my wife just read that.

Most Viewed