Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2008, 15:04   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet

Hyd Folks, it's already over a week since we completed our drive meet and even if most of you think i am crazy and have nothing better to do, i thought of bouncing this idea out with you all.

How about a drink meet early next month? That ways we can round off 2008 on a good note and come back together for a nice drive meet during mid-january 2009

As i am sure we wouldn't want to waste another weekend, proposing some dates during working week.

How about ( Dec 5th/ Dec 7th) OR ( Dec 12/Dec 14th) for a drink meet like we had previously? Details can be worked out based on you'll feedback!

So why not sound off your ideas as well?

Cheers
Avi
Old 25th November 2008, 15:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Avi..Im in for a drink meet
Date : 5th Dec (I presume it will be in the evening)
Venue : Xtreme Sports Bar...Heard its new n good
Old 25th November 2008, 15:43   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Venue : Xtreme Sports Bar...Heard its new n good
Ram, Xtreme's pricing befits its name

Let's please look at other options.
Old 25th November 2008, 15:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

I am in for now.... dont think there is any travel planned for wither of those weekends....but u never know
Old 25th November 2008, 16:00   #5
BHPian

i am ok with that!

2 suggestions:

(1) since this is a car forum, how about a "car-o-bar" meet - we can drive somewhere, drink (responsibly) and drive back

(2) keep it in the day time to avoid breath checking by cops
Old 25th November 2008, 16:31   #6
BHPian

Avi sir...

Dec 6th ( saturday) or Dec 7th ( sunday) works well for me ,post which i will be in delhi from Dec 11th to Dec 14th...

I saw this billboard in madhapur(near the petrol bunk) of some egyptian theme resort 10 mins ahead of the shamshabad airport..

incase travel time/budget is not a constraint ,we all can go there! would be a new place to venture out...
Old 25th November 2008, 16:44   #7
BHPian

I'm in for Dec 5th. Last time i checked Katriya De Royal still had the offer open (Unlimited Beer + Biryani for INR 450)! Another option they had was 50% off on a selection of liqour (except beer) @ Whisky Joe's (Bar of KDR).
Old 25th November 2008, 17:14   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Avi sir...

Dec 6th ( saturday) or Dec 7th ( sunday) works well for me ,post which i will be in delhi from Dec 11th to Dec 14th...

I saw this billboard in madhapur(near the petrol bunk) of some egyptian theme resort 10 mins ahead of the shamshabad airport..

incase travel time/budget is not a constraint ,we all can go there! would be a new place to venture out...
Check out this link ,of the place i am talking about..

Welcome to Suchirindia Papyrus Port

No real pictures of the place as yet apart from the artistic impression...
Old 25th November 2008, 23:12   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
i am ok with that!

2 suggestions:

(1) since this is a car forum, how about a "car-o-bar" meet - we can drive somewhere, drink (responsibly) and drive back

(2) keep it in the day time to avoid breath checking by cops
Anand, that's my sunday routine. But, lets not think of carobar as we can do it informally sometime, if you wish

Let's stick to a decent place with lots of booze and good food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
I'm in for Dec 5th. Last time i checked Katriya De Royal still had the offer open (Unlimited Beer + Biryani for INR 450)! Another option they had was 50% off on a selection of liqour (except beer) @ Whisky Joe's (Bar of KDR).
KDR food last time around sucked big time. How about FK? That was much better in all respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Avi sir...

Rajesh bhai, aap tho ek aur drive meet suggest kar rahe ho

Let's catch up for a quick drink,good food and some laughter over a working day. Only reason to suggest a weekday is that we can spend the weekend with family. Else, these meets would be cut short forever
Old 26th November 2008, 12:21   #10
BHPian

Avi its about time! I was wishing a meet happens. Right now are my holidays. Done with those dreadful exams finally. Afaik, this meet will be in the evening right? In that case, can it be on a Sunday please? All weekdays ive got my classes in the evening from Dec 1. If its gonna be in the afternoon, am game for anyday.
Old 26th November 2008, 12:28   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Avi its about time! I was wishing a meet happens. Right now are my holidays. Done with those dreadful exams finally. Afaik, this meet will be in the evening right? In that case, can it be on a Sunday please? All weekdays ive got my classes in the evening from Dec 1. If its gonna be in the afternoon, am game for anyday.
Buddy, we dont want to waste another weekend ( especially on meet ) so soon again. Atleast, i would not like to on a sunday.

I am sure you can join during the weekday albeit a bit late ( say 9'sh)

Guys, lot of confusion on the dates.

Can we freeze on either Dec 3rd or Dec 6th in the evening? Please select one of these dates ASAP
Old 26th November 2008, 14:47   #12
BHPian

Dec 3rd and/or 6th evening sounds fine ,should we start with the confirmations then?

p.s:- Dec 3 ,jethro tull and anushka shankar are performing in hyd ,i m sure many would be planning to go there

so should we finalise it as 6th evening?
Old 26th November 2008, 14:53   #13
BHPian

I *might* be able to make it on 3rd if it's within the city. Weekends won't be feasible for me.
Old 26th November 2008, 15:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

Im in for 3rd Dec..6th is Sat and i suggest we leave a weekend for family and folks
Old 26th November 2008, 17:20   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Buddy, we dont want to waste another weekend ( especially on meet ) so soon again. Atleast, i would not like to on a sunday.

I am sure you can join during the weekday albeit a bit late ( say 9'sh)

Guys, lot of confusion on the dates.

Can we freeze on either Dec 3rd or Dec 6th in the evening? Please select one of these dates ASAP
Oh yeah, I dint think from the other side. My class ends at 8 so I can join you guys after that and stay till forever. Psst! Mom going out of the country for 2 months day after tomorrow, so its party all nitghts for me from now

Most Viewed