Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2008, 03:46   #1
BHPian

Youth Against Terrorism - Drive

Hello Members,

As we all know that few days ago some outsiders landed in mumbai and took the city on storm while making it hostage for nearly 60 hours killing many innocent people mercilessly. And during all this time the Goverment just lazed around. So its time that the common man now takes matter into his hands, So join at at Carter Road outside OTTERS CLUB on Sunday at 1pm for a protest drive. Join us in this YOUTH AGAINST TERRORISM DRIVE and show us your support towards the nation. For the love for your City.

The drive route is as follows Bandra -> Yari Road -> Juhu. So please confirm your presence. Its an effort shown by our few members, PDEV29, Danlalan, Swapszone and few others.

Nikibusa.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd December 2008 at 08:42.
Old 3rd December 2008, 09:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thats nice Niki. Is this a recognized drive?! Or is it just us driving or riding along and no one would bother?!
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:04   #3
BHPian

Just a thought, you can quote
Drive for Unity & Peace or Youth's drive for Unity and Peace
Old 3rd December 2008, 22:12   #4
BHPian

@Gordon : As per recent conversation with PDEV29, everything has been arranged for the drive, as in they have had talks with the cops and also asking them wheteher it would be ok if we do a drive like this? And they have agreed upon.

@raajks : I think this is a good tag line which you have suggested. Will write to the mods asap and get it changed, Thanks for the support.
Old 3rd December 2008, 22:44   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

i'll definitely try and make it. keep this thread updated till the last moment on time and venue changes.
Old 3rd December 2008, 22:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Are you guys planning to drive INTO something(someones house, shop, etc).
Or maybe you guys can drive to Leopolds and have a drink too.
Show solidarity with the ol chap..Say cheers: !!

A bunch of youth driving around doesnt do anything to show solidarity and doesnt do anything about or against terrorism.
you just use valuable public resource - police van guiding you, traffic jams, preventing possible sick from reaching doctors/hospitals.
Nothing constructive against terrorism brothers.
Think of something better.
Old 4th December 2008, 02:55   #7
BHPian

Thanks a ton for your concern jay. If you can make it for the drive, all good, but a hearty thanks for all who would be present and for their support.
Old 4th December 2008, 03:09   #8
BHPian

Written Permission ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
@Gordon : As per recent conversation with PDEV29, everything has been arranged for the drive, as in they have had talks with the cops and also asking them wheteher it would be ok if we do a drive like this? And they have agreed upon.

@raajks : I think this is a good tag line which you have suggested. Will write to the mods asap and get it changed, Thanks for the support.
Are you guys planning to drive INTO something(someones house, shop, etc).Are you guys planning to drive INTO something(someones house, shop, etc). Hey Jay, dont give people such dirty ideas, at my ripe old age, I am tempted to do such a thing, lol considering the situation the city is faced with.

Dude niki,

Do you have the permission in writing ? If not please take it from the commisioners office, if help required please PM.

Regards

M M

Last edited by mmmjgm : 4th December 2008 at 03:12. Reason: adding a twinky
Old 4th December 2008, 03:57   #9
BHPian

Bro, this drive is arranged by PDEV29 and others, so i am just supporting the drive.
Old 4th December 2008, 10:49   #10
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
Bro, this drive is arranged by PDEV29 and others, so i am just supporting the drive.
Are you guys going to sticker your cars? Or going to hang banners? And why Bandra-Yari Rd-Juhu? Go to town, the affected areas to be precise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Are you guys planning to drive INTO something(someones house, shop, etc).
Or maybe you guys can drive to Leopolds and have a drink too.
Show solidarity with the ol chap..Say cheers: !!

A bunch of youth driving around doesnt do anything to show solidarity and doesnt do anything about or against terrorism.
you just use valuable public resource - police van guiding you, traffic jams, preventing possible sick from reaching doctors/hospitals.
Nothing constructive against terrorism brothers.
Think of something better.
Old 4th December 2008, 11:07   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

The English Teacher arrives...

You know boys, DRIVE has many meanings. Let us discuss two of these that pertain to us.
  • DRIVE: An organised effort by a large number of people to raise money for a particular cause.
  • DRIVE: The act of accelerating and steering a vehicle to get from one place to another.
I came here thinking it was the former. Turns out to be the latter.

So let me get this right - you people who love cars and love to drive anyways, want to now drive in the name of peace?

So should I now get out a large stack of loudspeakers and play my favourite music and tell everyone that this time it is against terrorism?

Seriously, if a bunch of Team-BHPians went to Leopold and had lots of drinks you would have a greater chance of making a difference.
The money you spend on beer will help restore Leopold.

THis way the money you burn in your car will only go to the HP and BP and IOL. Nobody else will get anything from it *shrug*

You want to make a difference so badly? Do you want to really?
Call the newspaper, find out the names of the Taj/Oberoi kitchen staff who died, get the poorest of the lot and go to their home with the same petrol money. That will be a real difference.

Not a bunch of young people driving around like it's a happy Sunday.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 4th December 2008 at 11:18.
Old 4th December 2008, 11:22   #12
BHPian

I and a couple of my friends are surly inn for this drive, so please keep this thread updated.
Old 4th December 2008, 11:34   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
You want to make a difference so badly? Do you want to really?
Call the newspaper, find out the names of the Taj/Oberoi kitchen staff who died, get the poorest of the lot and go to their home with the same petrol money. That will be a real difference.

Not a bunch of young people driving around like it's a happy Sunday.
Well said, Sam.
Yes, we don't have to do what politicians do, right? Leave the pointless rallies to them.
Old 4th December 2008, 11:46   #14
Senior - BHPian

Fully Agree with Sam.

I am so fed up of crap solidarity, candle, blah blue. Like we don't know. Like a bunch of bikers who drive upto Leh to spread message of AIDS - like why not sit at home, and donate the proceeds in free condoms instead?

And what if a terrorist interrupts their drive, surely they'll step on the gas! What does it solve, besides helping IOCL finances?
Old 4th December 2008, 11:52   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

I have another idea. Some waiters at Leopold died that day.

Collect some money. GO to leopold. Eat and drink and enjoy. When the bill comes, ask everyone to pay 500 rupees extra. Put those 500 rupees extra to one side.

GO to the owner (he sits at the cash counter) and give him a packet of money. As him to deliver it to the dead staff's family. I promise you, they are good people, they will do it.

How is that for a fun idea huh folks? That will make a difference and we'll enjoy it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks