Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
Yeah u missed out mine :-(

the Picassa link of mine might help you in updating
missed mine too.. :-(
Old 8th December 2008, 12:33   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

We regrouped at the Krishnagiri toll gate, after that it was each man for himself. We got to see the SX4 in full pelt. Oh god, that BOV sounds awesome. We followed it for quite a while, later decided to check out the battle between the RS and brraj's elantra. This was probably the first time we had so many quick cars & enthusiastic drivers who were driving the way these cars should be. The drive was super fun, but here I was doing the duty of a cameraman instead of driving the baleno . Tadu shall be putting up the video shortly. Its self explanatory.

We re-grouped again at the last toll gate and decided to drive together so that people would not lose their way. Once the turn off to the ghat section came, memo wanted to test his SX4 and so we quietly followed him and brraj's elantra all the way up shooting the video. The ghat section was super fun too.

There was no way we could fit all these cars in one frame.
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1900.jpg
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1904.jpg
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1905.jpg
www.dhakkamaaro.car . This is what happens to maadified gaadi.
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1908.jpg

Then we headed to landmark and parked all our cars. We had enough space to park our cars. Then we settled ourselves into the big conference hall we had booked and money collection began. After probably a wait of an hour or so, I was still running around arranging for stuff etc while people kept chit chatting amongst themselves.

Later on beer was served to all, all I got in the end was 1 can. We sat and spent around an hour talking, cracking jokes, some even playing pranks at my expense but it was total fun.

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1910.jpg
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1911.jpg
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1912.jpg
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1913.jpg
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1914.jpg
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1915.jpg

We then headed down to the dining hall for lunch, some left soon after lunch. We hung around for some more time and were one of the last few to leave.

I tagged along with Tadu till Hosur, after that karthik dropped me off to Jay's place. Picked up my car, dropped by MG.Road to attend the peace march and got back home.

All in all it was an awesome turnout. I think we had around 80 people at A2B. And we had 73 at the last head count when I went to clear the lunch bill.

Here is the group pic we managed in the end. Only 46 of them made it into this frame, the others either left to the lake or back home as they had work to attend to.
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-groupce1.jpg

Thanks to all those who came and made this a huge success. Sorry that unlike the previous meets I couldn't spend time to getting to know you all. Was always held up running around trying to see that stuff was going around smooth.

PS: If we had all our regular family dudes coming, we could have easily crossed the century mark.
Old 8th December 2008, 12:38   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
Yeah u missed out mine :-(

the Picassa link of mine might help you in updating
i Have updated both of the cars sorry zero critical and @ri
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-poster.jpg  

Old 8th December 2008, 12:38   #35
BANNED

Raj, that is a brilliant idea. Hats off to you, well done. Though, I am sorry about the intro session. I called you all in and in trying to get the beer arranged for you all (I was getting abused by some restless souls for the delay ) I got busy, hoping that you all would introduce yourselves to each other. Next time we shall have a compulsory intro section before the start of every meet. Point noted.
Old 8th December 2008, 12:50   #36
BHPian

Hope you guys had great fun. cheers:

Missed the meet because of my car , The bad news I got on last saturday was that the complete arm of the esteem which holds the esteem, gearbox, ac has rusted. My esteem is right now in garage for welding & tinkering work. Felt it was risky to bring that vehicle.
Old 8th December 2008, 12:58   #37
Senior - BHPian

In the 3rd pic on this page I see a fat dude in a White & Beige T-shirt, who is he??
Old 8th December 2008, 13:00   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I see a fat dude in a White & Beige T-shirt, who is he??
Wait a while for the candid pics to come up Ishaan. You will love it.
Old 8th December 2008, 13:07   #39
BANNED

Updated the poster with @ri's and my plates. Sorry Raj for doing it without your permission.

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-poster.jpg
Old 8th December 2008, 13:14   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
Updated the poster with @ri's and my plates. Sorry Raj for doing it without your permission.

Attachment 77642
I HAVE ALREADY DONE IT MATE ANYWAY THANKS
Old 8th December 2008, 13:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Wait a while for the candid pics to come up Ishaan. You will love it.
Eagerly awaiting the same!!
Old 8th December 2008, 13:30   #42
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
i Have updated both of the cars sorry zero critical and @ri
Thanks a lot Raj!
BTW the RS of yours sure does rock!
Old 8th December 2008, 14:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

that dude is iceman or amit to others but SIR to you

Last edited by iceman91 : 8th December 2008 at 14:33. Reason: dint want to embarass ishaan
Old 8th December 2008, 15:09   #44
Team-BHP Support

Here's my version of the report.

After setting 2 alarms clocks, I finally got up at 6am. Quickly get ready but it's already 6:30am. Rudra calls up and tells me to wait at silk board flyover but he is still hasn't left because he is waiting for Mr.Iceman91. I leave home and fill fuel on the way. I reach silkboard but there's no sign of the Optra. After 5mins they arrive and we push off towards Dakshin Honda. By the time we reach there almost everyone has left. Binz, v1p3r, memo_45m and jay are still waiting as vikram_d is yet to come. Once vikram_d arrives we push off towards A2B. As soon as the cars starts off we hear a horrible screeching sound of a belt slipping. The sound was so loud that all the cars stopped wondering if it was their own cars. We were all looking around and we see binz's baleno screeching past us. lol.

Due to the fog and poor roads it was a very cautious drive till A2B. Once at A2B we saw the lineup of cars. Parked our cars and went inside. It was utter chaos as we could not differentiate between t-bhpians and normal people. Found a few familiar faces and decided to order breakfast. This was an ordeal. It was self service and we had to take a coupon from the cashier. Finally food arrived. Iceman was on the verge of loosing his cool because the food was taking so long. As it is he was sleepy. Vikram_d mentioned that he could not keep awake in the car and he kept falling off to sleep in the passenger seat.

After the breakfast, the organriser told everyone to assemble in the car park for roll call. Most people were present or marked present thanks to proxies. Kartikumar was missing though. Someone spotted him climbing the wall and he was perched on top taking pics of the group.

From A2B the drive was fantastic. Super roads, less traffic and we could really open up the cars and flex our right foot. I had javed as passenger. Almost everyone showed great discipline in driving with no unwanted risks whatsoever. Reached the krishngairi toll gate and waited for everyone to gather. Again next stopping point was the toll gate before yelagiri. 2kms later again we stopped before the Yelagiri turn off point.

Then began the climb up. This time I had iceman sitting with me. First hairpin bend I went too fast and had to correct. After that no problems. Caught up with a few cars who were kind enough to give way even on the narrow roads. On one stretch we were following a NHC(vinayind) and we saw that car go up in the air over one uneven surface. Then caught up with Rudra's optra. After negotiating a u-bend, I stepped on the gas only to find the Optra suddenly slow down. Jammed on the brakes just in time.

We reached on top and again waited for the other car's to come. After a while proceeded to the resort. The resort has a turn off point from the main road. Some cars took the turn off point and some over shot. We took the turn but saw 2 santros and an RS reversing up as they said there was no road ahead. So took a u-turn and went back to the main road only to find memo's SX4 coming back from there saying we had to take the turn again. Again another u-turn and back on the right road. There was a maroon indica which I think took 3 u-turns thanks to the confusion.

Finally reached the resort and parked the cars. SX4 had smoke coming out of the brakes as they were brand new performance pads.

to be continued.....
Old 8th December 2008, 15:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
... I got busy, hoping that you all would introduce yourselves to each other. Next time we shall have a compulsory intro section before the start of every meet. Point noted.
Rahul

It will be a good idea at least to introduce the senior members. Generally those who already know each other tends to sit in groups and socialize. I had no clue who is who till the end of the meet except for you. And to top it all, I dont drink, came with my family and my daughter was getting quite restless... .

When you post the group pics, please name the members so that others could recognize them.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks